Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

We all know why that couldn't happen. I don't mind if men were raised on the Island. I mean what if a few male babies washed ashore on the Island. If something like the Amazons in New 52 were to be fixed it should have been a small amount of Amazons and the rest of the Amazons took care of the children left behind by the rogue amazons.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

What are the chances Jason isn't tossed aside as soon a new writer comes along? I'm guessing if it's a up and coming writer, they'll have to do what editorial wants and continue using Jason but if it's someone on Rucka's level, they'll leave Jason and start focusing on Wonder Woman again.

I hope the chances are zero. Its time to stop tossing aside the progressions of Wonder Woman's lore. Obviously he shouldn't be forced to be used to the same level, but he should very much be around. It'd be a shame to continue the trend incoming writers just tossing aside everything.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-10-2018 at 04:59 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I hope the chances are zero. Its time to stop tossing aside the progressions of Wonder Woman's lore. Obviously he shouldn't be forced to be used to the same level, but he should very much be around. It'd be a shame to continue the trend incoming writers just tossing aside everything.
    It makes no sense to me how or why editors wouldn't think that we would not want a supporting cast ..or some semblance of continuity in the comic. Does someone actually think they're doing us a favor, scrapping everything, after a run? Maybe, if I saw other comics being treated that way, it wouldn't matter. I don't.

So, it does.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I hope no one tosses Jason to the side. Wonder Woman needs a consistent cast. Don’t write him in just to write him out. The way Diana loves him already shows he needs to stay around. Diana’s training him to be the hero she wants him to be. Now i think Robinson made a mistake to let diana go alone to fight the swan. This could’ve went a lot different if he was around to help out in the first place. Hands on training is always the best training.

FINE. *I'll* say it. "Prince Jason in the TRASH where he belongs."

Jason isn't everything, Jason isn't anything. He should be like Tom Tressor, out of the book with no sign he was ever in it.

He's bitter fruit from a poisoned tree.

I'm not digging how much bigger it appears Jason is than Diana. She's an Amazon - why is he so extra big when they embrace? Meh.

I'm annoyed that humans can take on and hold their own/beat the Female Furies, but I won't dive into my soliloquy about the New Gods needing to be better defined as a race, deities, or whatever DC wants them to be. At this point in their depictions I wouldn't be surprised if Batman could "one punch" Kalibak. <shoulder shrug>

Bernadeth has a nice mini Hela crown and a wicked pair of heels. Work it, Miss Furious Female.

I keep coming back to the players involved - Grail, Darkseid, Female Furies, Zeus, etc. - in the main story and subplots and think this storyline should be so much BIGGER than it is. Thinking out loud... I guess I appreciate that they're coming at us fast and furious with the storyline details and characters (instead of it being endlessly drawn out), but it doesn't feel like it's gestating (at least a little bit) enough into something epic. Perhaps my expectations are too high.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 02-12-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'm not digging how much bigger it appears Jason is than Diana. She's an Amazon - why is he so extra big when they embrace? Meh...
    I was wondering, when someone else was going to notice that.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Bernadeth has a nice mini Hela crown and a wicked pair of heels. Work it, Miss Furious Female.
    That crown is her hair. Bernadeth loves a devilish hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Jason isn't everything, Jason isn't anything. He should be like Tom Tressor, out of the book with no sign he was ever in it.

He's bitter fruit from a poisoned tree.
    To each their own, but I completely disagree. Tom shouldn't have been tossed aside either. I mean, now it doesn't matter now since he was always just a replacement for Steve and Steve is back. But at the time it was dumb and yet another instance of instead of adding to Wonder Woman's sandbox, the sand is dumped and completely replaced seemingly every year. Its ridiculous.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-12-2018 at 04:54 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

To each their own, but I completely disagree. Tom shouldn't have been tossed aside either. I mean, now it doesn't matter now since he was always just a replacement for Steve and Steve is back. But at the time it was dumb and yet another instance of instead of adding to Wonder Woman's sandbox, the sand is dumped and completely replaced seemingly every year. Its ridiculous.
    If they got rid of Jason, it wouldn't be dumping the sand from the sandbox. He's a singular new element (and arguably an intrusive and unwanted one for a great number of readers), but Steve and the Oddfellows are still around, Sasha has been referenced, recognizable Amazons on Themyscira have been present (Hippolyta, Philippus and even Althea), etc etc. Removing him from the equation wouldn't change much as of yet. This would be more akin to scooping out a tiny turd from the litter box.

I don't mean to suggest that he's the whole sandbox, so to speak. Rather it would be another example example of the larger, consistent problem. Its an annoying practice, and it needs to stop. New elements deserve time to grow. If it doesn't work over time, fine. But things never get the chance in WW's lore. Getting rid of Jason after Robinson's run would be another example of that. You can't convince me that one storyline is long enough of a chance.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-12-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If they got rid of Jason, it wouldn't be dumping the sand from the sandbox. He's a singular new element (and arguably an intrusive and unwanted one for a great number of readers), but Steve and the Oddfellows are still around, Sasha has been referenced, recognizable Amazons on Themyscira have been present (Hippolyta, Philippus and even Althea), etc etc. Removing him from the equation wouldn't change much as of yet. This would be more akin to scooping out a tiny turd from the litter box.

Well said, thank you! That's a great analogy.

I don't mean to suggest that he's the whole sandbox, so to speak. Rather it would be another example example of the larger, consistent problem. Its an annoying practice, and it needs to stop. New elements deserve time to grow. If it doesn't work over time, fine. But things never get the chance in WW's lore. Getting rid of Jason after Robinson's run would be another example of that. You can't convince me that one storyline is long enough of a chance.
    I completely understand what you're saying and I'm inclined to agree in most instances except this one. To me Jason is a constant reminder of Zeus, blonde Hippolyta and her Amazons as well a symptom of a larger problem, the misguided notion that we need another male character forced into Wonder Woman's mythos. Since Jason has been around we've yet to see Etta and barely seen Steve. He takes up too much space from better characters that have more of a rightful claim to his real estate.

The only way I'd like him to stay is if he is indeed blonde Hippolyta's child with Zeus and her Amazons are this continuity's Bana. He could be the mischievous "twin" cousin from an alternate reality created by the gods. That way he could drop by every 50 issues or so to play Serena to Diana's Samantha Stevens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    That crown is her hair. Bernadeth loves a devilish hairstyle.
    Apokolips then indeed has excellent, if not superior, hairstyling products!