Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't mean to suggest that he's the whole sandbox, so to speak. Rather it would be another example example of the larger, consistent problem. Its an annoying practice, and it needs to stop. New elements deserve time to grow. If it doesn't work over time, fine. But things never get the chance in WW's lore. Getting rid of Jason after Robinson's run would be another example of that. You can't convince me that one storyline is long enough of a chance.
    And this is why I miss Achilles Warkiller and Mysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't mean to suggest that he's the whole sandbox, so to speak. Rather it would be another example example of the larger, consistent problem. Its an annoying practice, and it needs to stop. New elements deserve time to grow. If it doesn't work over time, fine. But things never get the chance in WW's lore. Getting rid of Jason after Robinson's run would be another example of that. You can't convince me that one storyline is long enough of a chance.
    I'm not sure Jason should have had a storyline, in the first place.

At least, I'm not sure he should have had one much built around him. It might have been smarter to introduce Jason in a smaller way, without devoting an entire issue to him - to, instead, use that time to show him in action, with or against his sister, in some spectacular, game-changing role to play. I think, if he had appeared briefly in the story, leaving a decisive impact, we would be having a different conversation about him ..and looking forward to the special "The Amazing Origin of Wonder Woman's Brother, Jason" issue, ..later. I remember, when the readers, including myself, were BEGGING the comic to publish a special origin issue for some dynamic, new character.

That's how many of the great comic book characters were introduced.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-13-2018 at 12:20 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I'm not sure Jason should have had a storyline, in the first place.

At least, I'm not sure he should have had one much built around him. It might have been smarter to introduce Jason in a smaller way, without devoting an entire issue to him - to, instead, use that time to show him in action, with or against his sister, in some spectacular, game-changing role to play. I think, if he had appeared briefly in the story, leaving a decisive impact, we would be having a different conversation about him ..and looking forward to the special "The Amazing Origin of Wonder Woman's Brother, Jason" issue, ..later. I remember, when the readers, including myself, were BEGGING the comic to publish a special origin issue for some dynamic, new character.

That's how many of the great comic book characters were introduced.
    I'm in agreement. I don't want a hugely decompressed story or introducing character arc, but the character's introduction should take a little time to gel/gestate/simmer.

I just reread a bunch of the issues today and another thing I'm not digging are Jason's wind powers. Just not feeling it, but perhaps I'm a little too beholden to the twins being more similar in nature than not as it doesn't appear to be a lie that Trueppolyta gave birth to both of them versus blonde Fauxppolyta being Jason's mom.

Also, I really like the redesigns of the Female Furies costumes and how they're designated by color. I'd love to see the other members make an appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I just reread a bunch of the issues today and another thing I'm not digging are Jason's wind powers. Just not feeling it, but perhaps I'm a little too beholden to the twins being more similar in nature than not as it doesn't appear to be a lie that Trueppolyta gave birth to both of them versus blonde Fauxppolyta being Jason's mom.

Also, I really like the redesigns of the Female Furies costumes and how they're designated by color. I'd love to see the other members make an appearance.
    At this point, I think the finished Prince Jason or Jason Prince - skills, weapons, uniform, etc - needs to be, at least, as cool as the Huntress (was, once), ..or he'll officially be labeled a mort. His creation will seem to many, like a phenomenal waste of time.

And the Furies...how many are there, ..and who's the blonde? I thought that was all of them.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-19-2018 at 10:49 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!