Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    You're looking at someone who was a reader back then. Hell, yes I called them out on it in a very politely worded letter that I mailed to their offices a few days later after I could do so without cursing at them. Then I went down to my LCS, which was a block over from the post office at the time, and cancelled my entire pull with them. I was complete disgusted by that stunt to be honest and showed it with my wallet. That stunt and my disgust with it was a big part of the reason I dropped out of reading comics for a decade.
    It amazes despite how much of a cheap stunt killing Jason off was that people would simply think because of Jason's flaws he should have stayed dead while glossing over the flaws of Dick when he was Robin.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    It amazes despite how much of a cheap stunt killing Jason off was that people would simply think because of Jason's flaws he should have stayed dead while glossing over the flaws of Dick when he was Robin.
    Yeah, I don't understand it either. It wasn't even like it was his flaws that got Jason killed in the first place or at least not entirely anyway. He died ultimately because his mother betrayed him and was someone whom he shouldn't have placed his trust in.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand it either. It wasn't even like it was his flaws that got Jason killed in the first place or at least not entirely anyway. He died ultimately because his mother betrayed him and was someone whom he shouldn't have placed his trust in.
    If it was Dick or Tim as Robin I bet my life that not only would they have done exactly as Jason would in Death in the Family. But DC would quickly make sure they come out alive since they do not have Jason's flaws to back up their victim blaming scam that they would continue in the years to come. I guess some people are too brainwashed by the scam or fans being very selective people they tend to focus on what they want and they focus on how Jim Starlin portrayed Jason as opposed to the more sympathetic portrayals he got as Robin. I'm not even sure why people see Jim Starlin's writing of Jason as how he was as Robin though it just doesn't add up.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-05-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

To the OP, they were at one point recently in such bad shape, imo, that I stopped reading Batman altogether. This was around Bloom. I've only gone back in for White Knight since, although I've gotten various 'jumping on point' issues without liking them.

I'll also note that a ton of people that used to post in this Bat forum either voiced similar opinions or are no longer posting, including mods. I know one guy that was a mod here and was put off comics completely in that era.
    Last edited by son of booyah; 03-06-2018 at 03:50 PM.