Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

King's Batman is great, Tec is okay, Harley has lost a step since rebirth. B&BOP is garbage and Batgirl is below average. I don't read any of the Robin books (that includes signal) so I won't comment on those.

BANNED

Since we know that DC is headed towards a change in July sales figures would certainly suggest the cancellation of both Batgirl books and Batwoman as well as Batman Beyond. All the limited series books will also be over or ending that month too. So new books are kind of guaranteed.
    I think King will stay on Batman, same applies to Lobdell on Red Hood but Tec, Nightwing and Harley could well be seeing some changes either in creative teams or publishing schedules or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Since we know that DC is headed towards a change in July
    Uh... we do?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Um the Superman and JL books are going through drastic changes.

Um the Superman and JL books are going through drastic changes.
    Okay, but what's this about July, specifically?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

June/July/ Summer basically.

June/July/ Summer basically.
    And... where are you getting this from?

Fantastic Member

I agree.

They have been so underwhelming since rebirth. I only enjoy the redhood comic. I still buy nightwing even if I find it dull and boring. He's my favorite character can't help it on that one. Batman still dull, some great ideas(Batcat marriage/ proposal) poorly executed or right now, maybe because i just like catwoman. I find batman hard to read terrible dialogue, still can't believe this is the same author on Mr miracle.

Tec. Was the first bat book I dropped I was hoping for Bruce and Tim partnership and development after the n52 mess. But they took Tim out and the book continue with far less appearances of Bruce and bored me.
    I only enjoy batman in metal, superman, supersons and I enjoyed the mini Nightwing new order.

Also, there is no point for DC to waste resources on giving every batman sidekick a solo series. They should spend the money and time building agency on other characters in the DCU that they can actually promote in media and the movies.
    Tim Drake is a prime example of a 20 years of character and world building that is now all for nothing. that will never become a tv series or an animated movie. Nightwing too, its all smoke and mirrors.

I think DC should combine all Batgirls both past and present into one book and call it the adventure of batgirls, with babs as the lead.
    As for the robins, keep the nightwing book but change its aimless direction into a book about all the adventures/misadventures of the bat brothers. i only enjoy nightwing when the other robins are in it.
    Batman and Tec for batman stories.
    redhood and the outlaws is fine as it, the rebirth concept as the dark trinity can work as tv animated serires , tv series. this is the era of comic book movies, tv shows etc. Right now stories and idea should be written or created as a concepts that can actually work/ promoted be in media.

I find some of it to be kind of blah. I liked about half of what I have read on Batman. I don't need issue after issue dealing with his feelings though. Can't he just fight crime? I like Finch's work on Batman, but just about everyone else drawing the book has been very bleh and brought a depressing mood to the book.

'Tec has been OK. The art has at least been consistent and clean. With so many characters though, it's hard to get any real depth on any of them. Maybe the team will thin out after the current story.

My daughter reads Harley and I read a few of them, but haven't cared for it. I have not read the first issue with the new team though.

Don't read Nightwing, but he always deserves his own book.

The only issue of Batgirl I read was full of SJW garbage and they've turned Bab's into a millennial parody of herself. I say bring her back into the Batman fold and make her act like she's in her mid 20's not 17.

Cancel Batgirl and the Birds of Prey, and just have Birds of Prey.

I'd make a Red Robin/Spoiler book and let Dixon or Nicieza write it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    And... where are you getting this from?
    From everywhere. Snyder is revamping the JL line, Bendis is revamping the Superman line. Stands to reason that Batman line will see some changes.

Tom King's Batman is one of the worst comic runs I have ever read and I have dropped Detective Comics. Also, I haven't seen anything positive about Batgirl or Birds of Prey, so I think it is in a bad shape. But, Red Hood and the Outlaws is great and so is the Batman/TMNT crossover so I don't really care.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I only enjoy the arc The Button in Batman, the rest is a big nope for me. Still pissed about the lack of Batman/Robins bonding.

RHaTO is great, I enjoy it a lot, more than I think I would. I really like how Jay finally manage through his anger issue? And him taking care of Bizzaro is actually very sweet.

Nightwing is hmmm, I read it for fun and for Damian so I won't comment. I only enjoy Nightwing with other Robins with him.

Batwoman, Batgirl and BoP never read so no comment.

Tec is actually good IMO.

I read Teen Titans for fun and forSuperSons, I find it nice but a bit boring.

Is The Shadow/Batman counted? If yes, I'm enjoying it right now.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Disagree (and agree). Things are gonna get rough when Metal ends.

King is doing good, a worthy run.

I liked the King (Batman) and Snyder (All Star) duo, but that will be ending soon with Snyder taking a break mostly from focusing on Batman. All Star ended and Metal soon will end.

Tec I'd shakeup with a better creative team. Heck, I'd give Dixon a go on it.

Batgirl is not my thing, a disaster, needs big changes.

Cancelling stuff for a Gotham Central revival could be good with a good team. Even Bendis could do this title some day.

Still loving Dixon's Bane Conquest.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-09-2018 at 08:04 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    I think DC should combine all Batgirls both past and present into one book and call it the adventure of batgirls, with babs as the lead.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Also, I haven't seen anything positive about Batgirl or Birds of Prey, so I think it is in a bad shape.
    I post positively about it...

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Things are gonna get rough when Metal ends.
    Could you elaborate a bit on that?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Could you elaborate a bit on that?
    I worded it oddly, but I mean, I'd mostly just be down to King once Metal ends. I will check out Snyder's JL for Batman moments. But I like having two writers I want to read on Batman books.

I kinda hope Dixon gets a shot on Tec.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-09-2018 at 08:09 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”