Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-Force (Vol.4) Discussion Thread

So I figured we should have a thread to discuss all the amazing things that happen(or want to happen) in Spurrier's current run of X-Force. Upcoming artists, potential storylines and post the greatness that is Spurrier answering questions on his tumblr! That way we can talk about the issues, since a review thread never seems to pop up lol, and hopefully generate some buzz for the book. So here it is the X-Force Discussion thread!

Current Roster:
    Cable
    Psylocke
    Marrow
    Fantomex
    Meme
    Dr. Nemesis[Support]

Lol. Don't get cancelled please.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Good idea psycwave, and thank you for starting the thread. I've been hugely enjoying this volume of X-Force, more and more with each issue.

I'm excited about the new solicit suggesting a return of forget-me-not from X-Men Legacy 300. I thought that issue was one of the best one and dones I've ever read. Anyone else agree?
    "Self has no time for this."

BANNED

I'm curious how spurrier will use forgetmenot, as I'm sure he'll surprise us.

Last issue Fantomex-Hope scene really tanked my interest in the serie.
    I still thinks it's one of the best X-books at the moment: the premise, scope, characters are the reason I still pick this title but I'll need some explanation about what this was all about...
    The scene taking place in a VR doesn't excuse it.

That being said, I'm looking forward the potential confrontation with FMN as much as any.
    And this new enemy (Sugar Man?) should prove actually challenging, Spurrier's introduction to him was excellent.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Good idea psycwave, and thank you for starting the thread. I've been hugely enjoying this volume of X-Force, more and more with each issue.

I'm excited about the new solicit suggesting a return of forget-me-not from X-Men Legacy 300. I thought that issue was one of the best one and dones I've ever read. Anyone else agree?
    Definitely. I wonder how they will come upon him or maybe someone will remember him.

BANNED

Why do people keep suggesting this is Sugar Man? He was send back to the AoA in New Mutants and killed in either that AoA series by Lapham or during that weird Extreme crossover. Plus, he has NO history with Domino. It could be Mojo I suppose.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Why do people keep suggesting this is Sugar Man? He was send back to the AoA in New Mutants and killed in either that AoA series by Lapham or during that weird Extreme crossover. Plus, he has NO history with Domino. It could be Mojo I suppose.
    Hmmm, I thought it was Nanny when I first read the issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    Hmmm, I thought it was Nanny when I first read the issue.
    That's a GREAT guess. Haven't seen her in a while, and she was always big on calling characters by their name. Plus the child-like dream state.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    I was just thinking about how there has been a distinct lack of Mojo of late. And really, selling footage of mutants is his business, so throwing in the surveillance angle would make for an interesting twist on his MO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    I was just thinking about how there has been a distinct lack of Mojo of late. And really, selling footage of mutants is his business, so throwing in the surveillance angle would make for an interesting twist on his MO.
    Mojo did appear in Uncanny Avengers, but it's best to pretend that doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post

Legacy 300 was a great read, I'm also happy to see forget-me-not again

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    Lol. Don't get cancelled please.
    Right? They cancelled my Cable and X-Force and replaced it with this. I was upset. Now I like this one, even after the cancellation, so if they can this one I'll be more than upset...

I'm a little concerned about TAN ENG HUAT showing up in October. His art doesn't really bother me but this series needs a strong name if it has any hope of enduring and Huat doesn't seem like a big draw.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Yea I don't care for his art much. Hopefully he's not a regular artist.