Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm around sometimes NeuroticNyx's Avatar

Default Batman takes on the My Hero Academia Universe

Batman is dropped into MHA Japan, in proximity to the Sludge Villain during his rampage at the start of the series. Bats gets nothing but his uniform and his utility belt.

How does he adjust, and how does his presence affect the series from then on?

Bonus Scenario: Bruce's fortune is also wired into an account for him.
    Last edited by NeuroticNyx; 02-09-2018 at 08:56 PM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I don't see him being much of a factor, especially since he's essentially destitute and homeless from the outset. Fortunately, since he has no powers, he's probably not breaking any laws if he tries to crimefight despite not having a license. None of the licensed heroes can really have anything to do with him, and they don't have much reason to either. He's got no information network and no knowledge of the setting, so he can't easily go off and do things on his own either. That is to say, if he were to try and get involved in the events of the main series, he'd be playing a massive game of catch up with no real information sources.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 02-09-2018 at 02:05 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I don't see him being much of a factor, especially since he's essentially destitute and homeless from the outset. Fortunately, since he has no powers, he's probably not breaking any laws if he tries to crimefight despite not having a license. None of the licensed heroes can really have anything to do with him, and they don't have much reason to either. He's got no information network and no knowledge of the setting, so he can't easily go off and do things on his own either. That is to say, if he were to try and get involved in the events of the main series, he'd be playing a massive game of catch up with no real information sources.
    THIS.

And this is during when Nighteye is still alive, so his every move will be known.

He ends up setting up WayneCorp and retiring early as Bruce; there's really nothing for him to do since the MHAverse is already in balance(mostly...)

Extraordinary Member

Actually, there's a whole spinoff series that deals with vigilantes in the MHA verse. One of them is a gruff old man with no quirk, and his vigilantism is pretty much as illegal as using quirks without a license. So yeah, Batman would be pretty illegal.

Those Batarangs don't come out of thin air like the used to once the multi billion dollar fortune vanishes

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Actually, there's a whole spinoff series that deals with vigilantes in the MHA verse. One of them is a gruff old man with no quirk, and his vigilantism is pretty much as illegal as using quirks without a license. So yeah, Batman would be pretty illegal.
    But IIRC, it'd be like in the DC universe where he'd only have to deal with the police, since the 'pro heroes' ignore people committing vigilantism without quirks. It's how the fight between Knuckle Duster (the gruff old man with no quirk) and Aizawa ended: Aizawa realized that Knuckle Duster doesn't have a quirk and leaves him be, since quirkless people fighting crime without a license isn't something the pro heroes deal with.

And, tangentially related, but Izuku was originally supposed to be MHA Batman (a quirkless hero fighting crime through the use of gadgets and his intelligence).
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    This.
    I don't see any big time heroes putting any effort into catching batman. That being said, I do think Batman WOULD get involved in the yakuza arc, since they were dealing in drug manufacturing. Here, I think Batman would synthesizes his own variant of quirk suppressors in anticipation of a tower of babel scenario. In the end, since the heroes of academia already openly work with the police, I don't think Batman would bother to much with them. Bruce might try to set up a small information network, but it'd be a bit pointless, since heroes immediately get reports.

Batman's best bet is to join the spin off series group, which has quirks that aren't registered as heroes providing support to registered heroes. Batman would be just one of the gang, although often end up being in charge of the operation under the guise of being a subordinate. That's assuming Bruce would be willing to work with team, which after enough research I think he would. The heroes are very upstanding in MHA.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 02-09-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Here, I think Batman would synthesizes his own variant of quirk suppressors
    I mean, with what resources? For that matter, trying to get in the middle of any of the major arcs, especially if he's somehow synthesizing quirk suppressant is not something they're going to ignore. It's one thing to let a guy who isn't your problem go, it's another if he's actively forcing his way into your operations and trying to make copies of currently the most socially dangerous weapon in the setting that also happens to have been invented by torturing a little girl.

A lot of the major events of the series have occurred pretty secretly, and that might be fine for Batman under normal circumstances, but here he's starting with absolutely nothing in terms of information or resources. He's basically crash-landed on an alien world; he's not going to have access to the length and breadth of its criminal underworld or information that's deeply concealed by people who can see the future right away. The Hero Association (is that what it's called? I forget if that's MHA or OPM) especially is pretty proactive about things like secrecy and isolating the assets of villains.

I can certainly see him being involved with the spinoff vigilantes, but that's about it, really. Trying to horn in on pro hero territory is likely to do more harm than good, because they're very organized and he has no immediate way of knowing if he's interfering with their own covert operations.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 02-09-2018 at 12:26 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i'm going with everyone else. best to keep his head low or don't do anything at all, since he's starting out with absolutely nothing.

I'm around sometimes NeuroticNyx's Avatar

Alrighty. In that case, lets say he has his fortune wired into an account for him as well, does this make him a bigger player in the course of events?

Amazing Member

Is there some kind of biological test for quirks in the MHA verse? Between his knowledge of the DCUs vastly more advanced and alien technology or the fact that he has mastery of a ludicrous number of skills that no ordinary person could learn in one lifetime he could fake some kind or super-intelligence quirk easily enough and join the Hero Association that way if he so chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    Is there some kind of biological test for quirks in the MHA verse? Between his knowledge of the DCUs vastly more advanced and alien technology or the fact that he has mastery of a ludicrous number of skills that no ordinary person could learn in one lifetime he could fake some kind or super-intelligence quirk easily enough and join the Hero Association that way if he so chose.
    Yeah. They check the pinky toes of people. One toe joint in the pinky toes means you develop a quirk, two joints in the pinky toes means you don't develop a quirk. So Batman's extra toe joint means he couldn't really fake a quirk.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

it's gonna be pretty weird for bruce to come to a world where "metahumans" are the majority and "normal" humans like him are the minority.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Yeah. They check the pinky toes of people. One toe joint in the pinky toes means you develop a quirk, two joints in the pinky toes means you don't develop a quirk. So Batman's extra toe joint means he couldn't really fake a quirk.
    He could always cut off his pinky toes and design some sort of prosthetic for use in a fight.

Though honestly, I could see him take the time to familiarize himself with the various computer systems in this new world and become this universe's Oracle while seeing up his information networks and supply chain (and/or while setting up his fortune).

I mean, with what resources? For that matter, trying to get in the middle of any of the major arcs, especially if he's somehow synthesizing quirk suppressant is not something they're going to ignore. It's one thing to let a guy who isn't your problem go, it's another if he's actively forcing his way into your operations and trying to make copies of currently the most socially dangerous weapon in the setting that also happens to have been invented by torturing a little girl.

A lot of the major events of the series have occurred pretty secretly, and that might be fine for Batman under normal circumstances, but here he's starting with absolutely nothing in terms of information or resources. He's basically crash-landed on an alien world; he's not going to have access to the length and breadth of its criminal underworld or information that's deeply concealed by people who can see the future right away. The Hero Association (is that what it's called? I forget if that's MHA or OPM) especially is pretty proactive about things like secrecy and isolating the assets of villains.

I can certainly see him being involved with the spinoff vigilantes, but that's about it, really. Trying to horn in on pro hero territory is likely to do more harm than good, because they're very organized and he has no immediate way of knowing if he's interfering with their own covert operations.
    As omnicapable a Bruce is I doubt it would take him long to generate a new fortune, a part time job doing manual labor is enough for starting capital, his PHDs don't count for anything resume wise but he still has the knowledge, he could get in a position to make enough money to get a computer with internet access and then...he's set, basically. The stock market is still a thing, the internet can get him videos of people with quirks in action and he can extrapolate their abilities from there, I doubt it would take more than a few years for him to be very comfortable. The problem is he has no reason to be Batman in this world, he could just be an investor.