Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, as a wise man once said..."Betty Brant is a horrible person" .
    It depends on the writer. Slott had the opportunity to make Betty an integral part of Peter's life. But he let that ball drop badly. What would be a cool idea is having betty in the pages of the She-Hulk as I could actually see Jennifer Walters and Betty Brant as BFF.

Is this worth reading or is it skippable?
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I wonder if this Ned will be treated as the real one or a clone going forward. I know that a lot of people dismissed the characters brought back in Clone Conspiracy as clones, but I thought since (IIRC) they were reanimated using cloning to build around and revitalize their bodies, then it could count as the real them. Also, Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider confirmed that he is the same Ben because he has the same soul, which I think should apply to the others as well.
    He's as real as Bill Potts in the Doctor Who Christmas episode! It's the mind that matters, the memories. Not the body.

I was impressed by Betty in this issue. She's like Marvel's Lois Lane!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-15-2018 at 02:52 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He's as real as Bill Potts in the Doctor Who Christmas episode! It's the mind that matters, the memories. Not the body.

I was impressed by Betty in this issue. She's like Marvel's Lois Lane!
    Let's not go overboard.

She's more like Marvel's Iris West.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Let's not go overboard.

She's more like Marvel's Iris West.
    I'd say she's more Marvel's Vicki Vale .

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    Is this worth reading or is it skippable?
    I'd say if you read the first two parts of Threat Level Red, check this one out, since it's basically Part 2.5, resolving some old story threads, and it will be referenced again later. Nothing spectacular, but it's decent for what it is. And the extra Spider-Sense story was really nice too.

(Also I called it, once I saw MJ in the extra story, I knew that's all anyone would talk about )

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'd say if you read the first two parts of Threat Level Red, check this one out, since it's basically Part 2.5, resolving some old story threads, and it will be referenced again later. Nothing spectacular, but it's decent for what it is. And the extra Spider-Sense story was really nice too.

(Also I called it, once I saw MJ in the extra story, I knew that's all anyone would talk about )
    Alright, thanks. I'll read it, then.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    People keep saying that, but from what I keep seeing, it never really left, all while Quesada's had power.

You lot really should stop depending on 616 as the end-all/be-all.
    Yes, you are right course, i mean its not like its the core universe from which the others sprung from in the what if stories...oh wait! It is!

You know, Ned coming back makes me wonder what other clones from Clone Conspiracy might be returning. I'm seriously wondering if we're going to see Gwen (clone?) return, since we never saw her body.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    You know, Ned coming back makes me wonder what other clones from Clone Conspiracy might be returning. I'm seriously wondering if we're going to see Gwen (clone?) return, since we never saw her body.
    Oh we are DEFINITELY gonna see Gwen come back. They've already done the "Clone death fakeout" 3 times, with Otto, Ben, and now Ned. My prediction is sometime in the future when we get a proper Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen crossover is when they'll reveal her again.

Oh we are DEFINITELY gonna see Gwen come back. They've already done the "Clone death fakeout" 3 times, with Otto, Ben, and now Ned. My prediction is sometime in the future when we get a proper Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen crossover is when they'll reveal her again.
    It would be redundant if he did that, I mean, he killed that Gwen clone only to bring another one back? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It would be redundant if he did that, I mean, he killed that Gwen clone only to bring another one back? Lol
    But we didn't see the Gwen clone die, we just see the clothes and a pile of ash. Which they also did for Otto & Ben's "deaths", and look how that turned out. I think she's still out there hiding like Ned is, just waiting until one of the writers want to use her again.

BANNED

But we didn't see the Gwen clone die, we just see the clothes and a pile of ash. Which they also did for Otto & Ben's "deaths", and look how that turned out. I think she's still out there hiding like Ned is, just waiting until one of the writers want to use her again.
    It took over a decade for anyone to bother with the original Gwen clone after the Clone Saga, and even then it was just to kill her off so as to allow Slott to replace her with this one. Always seemed pointless to me. I just don't think she adds anything new to the table .

Well, she went against a Hobgoblin (Now that I think about it, I don't know who that one is), a Green Goblin and a Jack O'Lantern, so I wouldn't assume that turning into ashes would be what killed her.

And the clone Slott killed I'm talking about is Joyce, the one who showed up in the original clone saga and was killed back in Spider-Island for no reason.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    The new female Electro is currently part of Aaron Davis's Sinister Six in the Spider-Man book starring Miles Morales.
    The spider is always on the hunt.