Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Future of new 52 Superboy: Gen 13? Is Jon dead/gone?

So with the Superboy book ending in like an issue I'm wondering were the concept of Superboy will go and were the two characters who hold that name will go.Jon's built up a VERY likable and interesting supporting cast and has a REALLY great platform for future stories if done correctly in my honest opinion.

Kon has been resurrected with a rather zen-like outlook on life. His words to Jon seem like that of a young man who's been "down the rabbit whole" if you understand what I mean. I think it's an exceedingly fresh take on the character and gives off an air of maturity yet is very fun. Kinda like a responsible "The dude" Lebowski from the movie of the same name.....except he's a teenager an all hahah. "Like Superman you should just chill out sometimes, man".

We get a hint to were Kon might be going in Supergirl this week (Gen 13). But no word on Jon. I don't wanna believe that Kuder created that whole little side of the DCU only to have it ignored.

Thoughts?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Kinda like a responsible "The dude" Lebowski from the movie of the same name.....except he's a teenager an all hahah. "Like Superman you should just chill out sometimes, man".
    This I would buy.

Not sure about Jon and his whole thing as I'd dropped Superboy and Teen Titans long before that happened.

Not overly familiar with Gen 13, but I'd give it a go. DC desperately needs to expand its range.

The Jon-Superboy idea was stupid from the beginning. Aaron Kuder is the only writer who has been able to make him readable.

Kon will always be the ONLY Superboy who matters, period. It's a shame that so many issues of his own comic have been wasted on a dumb concept that just completely mishandled the character.

One has to keep in mind that there's no guarantee Gen13 will feature Kon. Caitlin refers to him as a clone, yes, but Kon is the only Superboy she knew. Who knows if its not actually Jon and a case of mistaken identity.

I'm not saying I'm banking on that, just that its one option.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    The Jon-Superboy idea was stupid from the beginning. Aaron Kuder is the only writer who has been able to make him readable.

Kon will always be the ONLY Superboy who matters, period. It's a shame that so many issues of his own comic have been wasted on a dumb concept that just completely mishandled the character.
    Yeah if it wasn't for Kuder doing a great job giving Jon a personality we could actually stand his character would still be a big pile of .....

Kon has been crapped on in the new 52,I can't believe they let a character who so many loved be treated so poorly for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    One has to keep in mind that there's no guarantee Gen13 will feature Kon. Caitlin refers to him as a clone, yes, but Kon is the only Superboy she knew. Who knows if its not actually Jon and a case of mistaken identity.

I'm not saying I'm banking on that, just that its one option.

Only thing I can say to that is the Futures End issue says it's Kon there,so I'm crossing my fingers that the superboy/scion going forward is kon.

Ok you want to know how you fix this mess,and I mean all of it?

Good Jon sacrifices himself to save kon and his new Star labs friends by taking bad Jon and erasing both from the time stream(like Cir el did to herself).kon still exists,but without Jon,so his origin has to be changed a lil.i say we do what Morrison set up for us in all star superman,make him Lois and Clark's kid by way of reverse engineering kryptonian DNA by lex.that way you can have lex be the creator of superboy,and have Lois and Clark be the "parents".then I would have Tim,Cassie,new Bart,couple others spring him from his cloning tube before lex can control him.he would be over confident to the extreme,thinking because he is supermans clone he can do it all,but a good guy,and really fun,coolest guy in the room always.smart,scrappy,quick to anger.he should go casual,seeing as though superman is the total opposite,wearing the t shirt and jeans,fingerless gloves and a jacket.his powers would be golden age,YJ level in strength,speed,and durability,subject to grow as he gets older,and that goes for flight,heat vision,sight and hearing senses,he doesn't have any of them at first or for awhile,but as he gets older they manifest.his TTK is there from the start either as his one main power that all the others come from,or as a secondary mutation brought on by his hybrid state.his TTK works by coming into any form of contact with everything around him,which means wherever he is,his power can manipulate it,in the water,up,in the air,the ground,buildings,anything.also he doesn't have supermans sight or hearing senses he has TTK senses that work by FEEL,and by TOUCH.as in FEEL is a insanely more powerful spidey sense,and we have all seen his ability to touch something and read it,if it's in his hand or on the other side of a island.he will get more skilled with his TTK,and more physically powerful as he grows,but not quick,I want his ass to get handed to him plenty,but also kick serious ass.

Astonishing Member

Kinda like a responsible "The dude" Lebowski from the movie of the same name.....except he's a teenager an all hahah. "Like Superman you should just chill out sometimes, man".
    Pretty sure Kon's brain is immune to weed.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Pretty sure Kon's brain is immune to weed.
    No need, man. He's just high off life.

BANNED

No need, man. He's just high off life.

Yeah you don't hear this a lot anymore,but it is possible to be happy as you are,and for what your doing.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Yeah you don't hear this a lot anymore,but it is possible to be happy as you are,and for what your doing.
    And it doesn't make you reckless or irresponsible. So often in comics the happy guy (or gal), comfortable in himself (or herself) is shown this way.

Kon has been crapped on in the new 52,I can't believe they let a character who so many loved be treated so poorly for so long.
    Yea! I don't get it either. DC allowed crappy writers to ruin a great character. It just makes no sense. Poor Kon, he deserves so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Yea! I don't get it either. DC allowed crappy writers to ruin a great character. It just makes no sense. Poor Kon, he deserves so much better.
    Mostly, DC though Lobdell had the Young Justice brand covered. He obviously pitched well, and I think all of his books started a LOT better than they ended. DC just didn't see the writing on the wall to pull the plug early enough.

I imagine a part of it is that there is a contigent within DC who just want young Clark Kent as Superboy. To my mind, it was one of the lamest ideas in Superman's history, but you can never underestimate the nostalgia of a comic book fan.

Must say that I'm digging the jacket. Not a fan of the art, but at least he'll still be around. Kuder in an interview mentioned that his run was dealing with Jon coping with his eventual demise. I get the feeling he may still bite the bullet. Four issues ago I wouldn't have cared but Kuder has actually made him approachable and i do like the relationship dynamics between Jon and his newly optimistic "twin brother."

BANNED

Love the jacket,better with fingerless gloves and these clothes lol

Wish they would have Jon die a hero,wipe himself out of reality,kon becomes the reverse engineered hybrid cloned child of Lois and clark(all star superman) created by lex,with YJ levels of physical powers and kesel touch TK amd Lobdell feel and touch TK senses.make the kid cool again,over confident,but smart,all hero all the time,and a kick asser,and please make it fun.

Wish they would have Jon die a hero,wipe himself out of reality,kon becomes the reverse engineered hybrid cloned child of Lois and clark(all star superman) created by lex,with YJ levels of physical powers and kesel touch TK amd Lobdell feel and touch TK senses.make the kid cool again,over confident,but smart,all hero all the time,and a kick asser,and please make it fun.
    That would put him right up there with Pre-Flashpoint Hawkman for most convoluted origin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That would put him right up there with Pre-Flashpoint Hawkman for most convoluted origin.

Actually that would clean up everything,heck if superman actually died in the new 52 they could use that time for when lex creates him,OR that time he hit superman with a train and tortured him to get a blood sample.