Ramblin' Bob

Default How would the President be Protected from Injustice Superman?

What is the best possible way the president of the United States, using besides Kryptonite, only material and technology otherwise available to us in our universe, defend himself against a possible attack by Superman?

My idea was that the president wore a vial in a necklace around his neck that contained a small trace or dart of kryptonite that he or she would wear at all times that would weaken Superman if he came within range of it's radiation, it could also double as a rudimentary firearm and could be triggered to propel a piece of kryptonite into Superman's chest or neck to immobilize him.

In this situation the United States government would stockpile resources of Kryptonite to use a defense weapon against superman.

Another idea would be a heat-seeking hypersonic missile that blew out millions of micro particles of kryptonite when it exploded, like shrapnel.

One person Suggested the use of a CIWS rotary cannon or cannons with Kryptonite Slugs, aka these things 300px-Phalanx_CIWS_test_fire_-_081107-N-5416W-003.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalanx_CIWS

However these defenses would all be irrelevant it seems as Superman could gather more than enough energy from the sun to annihilate any area of Earth the president happened to be on from a distance far enough away from the threat of any kryptonite weapons. And there is simply no material on our Earth that could resist such an attack.

Problem would be, alot of those weapons superman could just avoid or just send another member of the regime to threaten/intimidate the president for him. The US government or any other countries government could stockpile as much anti kryptonite weaponary they want. Its gonna do them no good if wonderwoman, sinestro or green lantern show up on behalf of the regime.

That said I reckon the US Government would definitely stand up to superman more than they seem to in the injusticeverse. They send mirror master after clarks parents and create a distraction in korea and that is about it.

Most likely way would be to develop technology, including time travel {to which he is vulnerable} and space travel{he seems only interested in earth for some petty reason since our star is typical and there are countless civilisations out there}.
    Last edited by Cosmicbeing; 02-13-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Do as the t-shirt instructs: keep calm and call Batman.

Not that I agree that would work...

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin' Bob View Post
    What is the best possible way the president of the United States, using besides Kryptonite, only material and technology otherwise available to us in our universe, defend himself against a possible attack by Superman?

My idea was that the president wore a vial in a necklace around his neck that contained a small trace or dart of kryptonite that he or she would wear at all times that would weaken Superman if he came within range of it's radiation, it could also double as a rudimentary firearm and could be triggered to propel a piece of kryptonite into Superman's chest or neck to immobilize him.

In this situation the United States government would stockpile resources of Kryptonite to use a defense weapon against superman.

Another idea would be a heat-seeking hypersonic missile that blew out millions of micro particles of kryptonite when it exploded, like shrapnel.

One person Suggested the use of a CIWS rotary cannon or cannons with Kryptonite Slugs, aka these things 300px-Phalanx_CIWS_test_fire_-_081107-N-5416W-003.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalanx_CIWS

However these defenses would all be irrelevant it seems as Superman could gather more than enough energy from the sun to annihilate any area of Earth the president happened to be on from a distance far enough away from the threat of any kryptonite weapons. And there is simply no material on our Earth that could resist such an attack.
    Well considering that Injustice Superman never touched the President while Batman threatened him and the fact that him and every past living president, members of both houses were killed on Batman's watch thanks to Ras' al Ghul causing Jefferson Pierce to be sworn in as President is Superman really the one ya gotta worry about?

How do you deal with Injustice Superman if you're the POTUS?

I haven't read the comics, just played the games. But I'm pretty sure you open the door for him, shake his hand, and ask how his day is going.

Then you very carefully, respectfully, and quietly, negotiate to retain as much control as you can and mitigate that amount of attention he'll be putting on you. If he thinks your willing to get with the program, he'll probably leave you to oversee America as part of his middle management. Makes the transition easier to have a familiar face, you know? You'll answer to the Regime and be subject to their laws, but you can do what you can to retain as much of "America" as you can.

Because your only choices are to roll with it and make the best of the situation, or go to war with the most powerful people on the planet, each of whom is more than capable of rending nations apart within a few hours.

But that's just going from what I know of America's military prowess in the games, and a few previews/samples from the comics. Seems like the best they had was the Suicide Squad and the likes of Deadshot, Harley, and Boomerang are no match for a pissed off Justice League. If their resources ran deeper than that, I don't know of it.

But I do think that in the main continuity the POTUS must have some quality super-nuclear deterrents. If he didn't, there's no way the White House would still be standing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Appoint Superman Secretary of State and have the President, VP, Speaker of the House and Senate Pro Tempore resign effectively making Superman the new President.