Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default 2018 Winter Olympics

Is anyone interested in watching 2018 Winter Olympics that opened on February 9? Let's discuss and comment about the Winter Olympic games.

Despite the recent tensions between North and South Korea, I believe Pyeongchang is better and safer than Rio de Janeiro with it's previous Summer Olympics, although i also think the IOC should have awarded the bid to Munich, Germany or Annecy, France to host the Winter 2018 Olympics. Both of the towns lost the bid to Pyeongchang.

I have never visited South Korea, although I know it is a wealthy first world country. but when I heard the recent news about South Korean hospital fire, I wonder if South Korean buildings are safe?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

I will watch some of it. I like the snowboarding and stuff like that.
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Andrea Sorrentino, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Kev Walker, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

"I am a mad man with a box!"--- The Doctor

Jesus said unto her, "I am the resurrection, and the life. He that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And whosoever lives and believes in me shall never die."--- John 11:25-26

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'm waiting for curling. Yeah, I said it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm disappointed, I've loved the international hockey with the pros in the past but the NHL nixed it this year. I suppose I'll still watch stuff, but not really excited about anything.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BB

I personally don't care about the Olympics.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

I thought the opening ceremony was incredible! One of the best I've ever seen. The bit with the drones was incredible. Made me wonder what a wakandan opening ceremony would be like lol

Moonie Since 1995! =) CJStriker's Avatar

I Really Enjoy the Olympics, both Summer and Winter, when they are on!

I will be watching the Openings and as many sports as I can, I always enjoyed watching the world come-together in unity over liked sporting events and competing to be the best in the world and representing both your country and the world!
    Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!

~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHGXMH6HB0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

I generally believe the stereotype that the Winter Olympics are inferior to the Summer Olympics, but I enjoy the opening and closing ceremonies and I do love the hockey and curling.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I thought the opening ceremony was incredible! One of the best I've ever seen. The bit with the drones was incredible. Made me wonder what a wakandan opening ceremony would be like lol
    Be like an empty field, cause no way is Wakanda ever letting that many foreign nationals inside it's borders

Snowboarding ftw! oh and the figure skaters are beautiful too
    Last edited by Cosmicbeing; 02-09-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Spectacular Member

I really enjoy a lot of the Winter Olympics. I ski so the Super G and the Downhill events are two of my favorites and I like the Ski Jump off the huge ramps. That's my favorite. Although I haven't learned how to snowboard the snowboarding events with the crazy jumps are pretty exciting. I like speed so the Winter Olympics are it for me. And short track skating is like roller derby so that can be pretty exciting as well.

I LOVE the Olympics - Winter or Summer. So far I'm loving everything, but especially the curling. The Canadian team is (predictably) dominating the field there, and they're very, very sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    No-Justice-League-Detroit-You-Ain't-The-X-Men-No-Matter-How-Much-You-Break-Dance.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Watching the Biathlon. Fascinating!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Watching women's aerial skiing. Absolutely mental!