Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    That's one nice variant cover. Jason has come pretty far his Pre-52 days so why do people go nuts over him?
    I don´t know.. I remember him in Batman and Robin(dick and damian, Pre-n52)... I can compare both versions and see his change..

Even the people admited that Damian evolved in N52.. But is easy use the character like in the past again..

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I know two folks who are going to hate Jason and Artemis being together Shawn James and Matej Solka who both like Artemis but can't let go of Jason's time as a violent psychopath.
    Good for them?

No one is putting a gun to their head to read this book and if they don't like RHATO, I'm sure there's plenty of other books in DC's stable that they might enjoy.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I don´t know.. I remember him in Batman and Robin(dick and damian, Pre-n52)... I can compare both versions and see his change..

Even the people admited that Damian evolved in N52.. But is easy use the character like in the past again..
    If the writer simply reverses their character development for no reason then of course it's going to happen and at this point I feel more sorrow for the characters bad or good because they can have very incompetent writers handling them.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Good for them?

No one is putting a gun to their head to read this book and if they don't like RHATO, I'm sure there's plenty of other books in DC's stable that they might enjoy.
    Mr. James has not read a DC and Marvel comic in a long time he allegedly gave them up after both companies continued to fail him. But he keeps up with news about them. Matej Solka on the other just reads because he wants to find the occasional good issue. That's what Matej Solka said when I asked him why does he read any of the DC's comics when he complains viciously about them.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-10-2018 at 06:19 AM.

Ha! Date night, this’ll be a wreck, but a fun one. Hopeful that this is just a fill-in with the art change.
    #MagnetoWasRight

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Ah, date night. I'm looking forward to this issue and to seeing what, in addition to the date itself, is really going on here.

Mr. James has not read a DC and Marvel comic in a long time he allegedly gave them up after both companies continued to fail him. But he keeps up with news about them. Matej Solka on the other just reads because he wants to find the occasional good issue. That's what Matej Solka said when I asked him why does he read any of the DC's comics when he complains viciously about them.
    Then all of Mr. James views on things going on currently with characters in DC or Marvel are invalid in my opinion. You really cannot construct a solid and defensible argument without first reading the source material. Secondary sources alone don't cut it for me because then your basing your entire opinion on the say so of someone else, who may not have read the source material either.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    Ha! Date night, this’ll be a wreck, but a fun one. Hopeful that this is just a fill-in with the art change.
    It is! Soy and Veronica will be back next issue.

Oh, this looks like a fun issue! Artemis literally dragging Jason along, and Bizarro playing translator.

BANNED

Mr. James
    Who the ****?

You dont need to answer by the way, its sarcasm for "Why would I care for what that guy thinks".

Now you, you're welcome to stay In the Gang

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Ah, date night. I'm looking forward to this issue and to seeing what, in addition to the date itself, is really going on here.

Then all of Mr. James views on things going on currently with characters in DC or Marvel are invalid in my opinion. You really cannot construct a solid and defensible argument without first reading the source material. Secondary sources alone don't cut it for me because then your basing your entire opinion on the say so of someone else, who may not have read the source material either.
    Well so am I and I hope Mr. Lobdell has changed his mind. Shawn James is one angry and dangerous man though he has some good points at times. Given how he talks about Jason like he knows what Jason did in tenure as Robin he does know everything to a degree but he might have a very different view of things regarding Jason instead he puts Dick and Tim on a pedestal.

BANNED

Much more interesting and poignant is what you think of the character`s history, evaluation and current book.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Much more interesting and poignant is what you think of the character`s history, evaluation and current book.
    That's true and I say Jason's was rather sad people were into him when he reappeared but then he got killed off to everyone's consternation and replaced him with Tim Drake. I some times wonder why they never thought of Tim Drake from the very beginning.

BANNED

Interesting question and the answer in my belief (from what I`ve gathered from creators, so I have little room to question it) is that Tim Drake can`t exist without a Jason Todd. He was created to be the this incredibly safe character and shined mostly in contrast with how most post-death writers dechipered Jason Todd to be.

Jason on the other hand, was redesigned in the 80`s to be totally about different issues. He was a gamble, something new for the bat books. Even his Pre Crisis incarnation wasn`t as safe as Tim despite sharing the same origin as Dick.

That's true and I say Jason's was rather sad people were into him when he reappeared but then he got killed off to everyone's consternation and replaced him with Tim Drake. I some times wonder why they never thought of Tim Drake from the very beginning.
    Would it change anything though because the big issue was still the idea of Robin being disapproved by main writers at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Interesting question and the answer in my belief (from what I`ve gathered from creators, so I have little room to question it) is that Tim Drake can`t exist without a Jason Todd. He was created to be the this incredibly safe character and shined mostly in contrast with how most post-death writers dechipered Jason Todd to be.

Jason on the other hand, was redesigned in the 80`s to be totally about different issues. He was a gamble, something new for the bat books. Even his Pre Crisis incarnation wasn`t as safe as Tim despite sharing the same origin as Dick.
    You're probably right and if anyone wants to use Tim Drake should another reboot occur Jason has to be added to the mix. But wasn't the period of Jason's tenure one of the points where Batmanw as selling poorly?