end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Okay, I'm going to be nice and let you guys know something

spoilers:
    We've seen Solitary before.
    end of spoilers
    Do share please!

Mighty Member

Artemis looking fabulous this issue. I liked it. I am a huge Jason/Artemis shipper but their current relationship satisfies me just fine for now.

Okay, I'm going to be nice and let you guys know something

spoilers:
    We've seen Solitary before.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Finally the guy with the newspaper clippings?
    end of spoilers

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    spoilers:
    Finally the guy with the newspaper clippings?
    end of spoilers
    That's what I suspected as well.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

spoilers:
    Solitaire.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Cheers, I only got a skim through the book before I had to head out.

So.....is he new? Or am I just not recognising him?
    Wait nevermind, I just read through again, I was right the first time, he calls himself Solitary. Come on Dark, ya had me convinced I misread and everything

Anyways so I had my suspicions that this was the stalker character from the first and third arc, is that the conclusion some of yall are coming to as well? I wonder whats his deal, and his abilities. He seems to have some kind of psychic knowledge considering he knew what Biz was doing that evening, either that or he has eyes and ears seemingly everywhere. Plus he knocked the big guy out, with...words? Maybe theres some 'influence' abilities mixed in there as well.
    Last edited by RedBird; 02-14-2018 at 01:19 PM.

BANNED

Solitary being the misterous stalker is a possibility but something about it is off. Then again his face(s) may just be made up to conceal his actual identity. He does mention Biz has figured out who he is whether he says it or not. It goes with trust being the the crux behind the whole plot. Ever character seems to know more than they let on and it`s gonna hurt when the secrets come out unleashed.

Not sure if it was in the script or not but Biz came out with two visual nods in the issue. He`s either wearing Kon`s trademark shirt or looking like Mr Fixt in the bar scene. The last one is interesting since more than one reviewer have noted some similarity between the two characters.

BANNED

Uh HUH.

So, no one has any real issue with this version of "WonderBat", right?

BANNED

Not me.

Im pretty neutral on the other but here It helps that the two characters have been experiencing a gradual and organic attraction over the span of these 19 issues and one Annual.

It really reads more like two actual people knowing each other rather than a "Wonderbat" fixation.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I don't have a problem with it. I don't really care for the other one myself being more of a Batman/Catwoman person. This version of it is fine though mainly because the relationship (such as it is right now) has come about organically and their attraction to each other seems natural as well. If it goes in that direction there are plenty of hints already in place for it to not seem to come out of left field for them to be together. At the moment though Lobdell is merely teasing the possibility of a relationship between the two and I'm fine with that too. This is not like the never ending "will they/won't they" nonsense that plagues other Bat relationships these days.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Not me.

Im pretty neutral on the other but here It helps that the two characters have been experiencing a gradual and organic attraction over the span of these 19 issues and one Annual.

It really reads more like two actual people knowing each other rather than a "Wonderbat" fixation.
    Just saying, as anytime Batman and Wonder Woman are brought up (the recent issue and the upcoming Brave and the Bold mini) often meets a LOT of resistance. Yet, I haven't seen much of anything of the sort between Artemis and Jason.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Absolutely not I find it fascinating that this version of the Batman and Wonder Woman pairing is happening in the most reverse way possible.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Astonishing Member

Jason and Artemis are definitely the only WonderBat ship that has ever worked. Bruce & Diana? She can do better ... it's more important that he have a solid friend ... and frankly there's just more interesting paramours to tell stories about in his life. Dick & Donna? Nah, man. They do the platonic besties thing way too well, don't ruin it. Tim & Cass? That one was just wrong anyway.

Jay and Artemis are effing rad together though. The whole black sheep meets "bad Nineties edgy fashion" meets "more brutal version" thing. I just think it builds his personality in a great way that he's oddly the gun-toting, least morally good Bat-Clan kid but he's like, "yeah, but I'm totally down with dating a lady who could kill me a thousand times before I blinked."

Bizarro's story has been great so far - I don't find him to be the most solid "permanent" member of the Outlaws trio, but I still love the whole premise and what they're doing with him and am eager to find out what's going on with him, who wants this, how Lex will get involved, so on.

Jason mentioning only ever having been on like, one date, discounting Essence, got an out-loud-laugh out of me. Kind of a meta comment, but also probably referring back to his singular didn't-go-very-far girlfriend during his Robin tenure, though god help me I can't actually remember her name. Anyway we also learned in Volume 1 that he'd had some kind of brief something with Rose Wilson, but again - can't imagine that ever resulted in anything remotely resembling a normal "date". Also, I mean, Jason's ... a real piece of work ... but like, Rose? Rose is crazy.

So yeah I really don't know where to go with a third member. You want it to be a dark horse Superman character, right? And one that isn't sort of in the family/social group of another character already (like, Maxima is Supergirl's pal, or something along those lines.) Preferably somebody who would play interestingly with Jason and Artemis's canon allies and enemies. Somebody that could use a revamp might be nice, like Gangbuster - but then the Outlaws have to have that "we appear to be villains" vibe. So maybe a sympathetic Superman villain, like Livewire?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

As someone who did ship Wonderbat in JLU, I am tickled pink. But yeah this issue was sweet and the Bizarro problem is gonna hit so dang hard, it'll be great.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.