Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Yeah, I agree with Dark. He was very clearly bummed out when he found out it wasn't exactly a "real" date.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

It'll be hard for him to say yes to the next romantic suggestion I think. Just to protect himself from disappointment.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Nah, Jason definitely has a soft spot for romance. That is why he got involved again with the All-Caste and the Untitled after all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Yeah, I agree with Dark. He was very clearly bummed out when he found out it wasn't exactly a "real" date.
    Which gives the best moment of the issue in Artemis not wholly shutting it off

Classic spy tv banter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Which gives the best moment of the issue in Artemis not wholly shutting it off

Classic spy tv banter.
    Honestly yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised that despite Lobdells reluctance to the pairing he is not completely turning the notion down either.
    After the jig was up and Jason asked her via whiteboard if the entire date was a ruse, I was fully expecting Artemis to answer in her very blunt and brutish kind of way, something along the lines of "don't be daft, of course this isnt real!" But low and behold, instead she teases with a 'mostly' answer instead. So I guess there is a bit of mutual attraction.

I'm also impressed to see Lobdell is still upholding Jason and Artemis's concerns and critical thinking, using their worries and the dire state of the current situation as a clever way to hand wave any notion of a blooming romance as of right now. Its just not great timing for such a development anyway, and concerns for Biz's well being should be of greater interest and priority to both Arty and Jay, so the slight dismissal doesn't feel bitter so much as a non issue compared to the current bigger picture. We get the cutesy moments of a date between the two without sacrificing the integrity of the characters, or forcing them through a badly timed romance subplot.
    Last edited by RedBird; 02-16-2018 at 06:48 AM.

BANNED

I concur with every single word of your post.

It might be just me watching the whole Avengers in one sitting for the first time but I found the playfull banter to have similar flavour. The mutual attraction born out of sheer chemistry between Steel and Mrs Peel is always evident but they never place it in detritment of the current mission. In Jason and Artemis case, it is clear the Amazon created a ruse that works the best because of the Truth in it - not the other way around. Still, the matter at hand is their Pup and not their feelings.

That`s another story waiting, someday, somewhere.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Honestly yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised that despite Lobdells reluctance to the pairing he is not completely turning the notion down either.
    After the jig was up and Jason asked her via whiteboard if the entire date was a ruse, I was fully expecting Artemis to answer in her very blunt and brutish kind of way, something along the lines of "don't be daft, of course this isnt real!" But low and behold, instead she teases with a 'mostly' answer instead. So I guess there is a bit of mutual attraction.
    Well he did say he's doesn't think they would work now and they'd need to change some. Lobdell made a point of saying that they still can change but neither is in a place where a relationship would work at the moment. Especially since dark and gritty stuff is coming their way.

Back in the annual Artemis went out of her way to make Jason jealous about her flirting with Dick. I think she was testing a theory if he was in fact attracted to her. And she knows he is to the point she knows he'd say yes to a date. Remember how she threatened him if he touch her or flirted with her before Qurac? Artemis seems to enjoy it at this point and she likes teasing him in return. Didn't she say something like "you'd know if I made a move on you" or something when Jason asked if she was flirting with him? I think Lobdell is leaving it open but also teasing the shippers and the haters.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I'm also impressed to see Lobdell is still upholding Jason and Artemis's concerns and critical thinking, using their worries and the dire state of the current situation as a clever way to hand wave any notion of a blooming romance as of right now. Its just not great timing for such a development anyway, and concerns for Biz's well being should be of greater interest and priority to both Arty and Jay, so the slight dismissal doesn't feel bitter so much as a non issue compared to the current bigger picture. We get the cutesy moments of a date between the two without sacrificing the integrity of the characters, or forcing them through a badly timed romance subplot.
    I agree. I don't think Artemis was entirely faking it like her surprise about there being beauty to Gotham or enjoying teasing him. She could have mocked him when he was honest with her but she didn't. Like you said she could have crushed any hope of there being something between them but she didn't.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    Well he did say he's doesn't think they would work now and they'd need to change some. Lobdell made a point of saying that they still can change but neither is in a place where a relationship would work at the moment. Especially since dark and gritty stuff is coming their way.

Back in the annual Artemis went out of her way to make Jason jealous about her flirting with Dick. I think she was testing a theory if he was in fact attracted to her. And she knows he is to the point she knows he'd say yes to a date. Remember how she threatened him if he touch her or flirted with her before Qurac? Artemis seems to enjoy it at this point and she likes teasing him in return. Didn't she say something like "you'd know if I made a move on you" or something when Jason asked if she was flirting with him? I think Lobdell is leaving it open but also teasing the shippers and the haters.

I agree. I don't think Artemis was entirely faking it like her surprise about there being beauty to Gotham or enjoying teasing him. She could have mocked him when he was honest with her but she didn't. Like you said she could have crushed any hope of there being something between them but she didn't.
    You know in it's own unique way this issue proves that Jason has a thing for Amazons just like when he worked along side Donna Troy.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    I really liked that she didn't crush his hopes of there being something between them. They may not be in a place right now where a relationship would work but that's not to say that they couldn't get to a place were it would work someday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    You know in it's own unique way this issue proves that Jason has a thing for Amazons just like when he worked along side Donna Troy.
    Yeah, I've sort of felt like having Artemis as a part of Jason's team is a call back to Donna and all the times he worked with her before the reboot.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Yeah, I've sort of felt like having Artemis as a part of Jason's team is a call back to Donna and all the times he worked with her before the reboot.
    Except Artemis is more receiving to Jason's affections unlike Donna who flat out felt nothing for him. Still I would not have minded if Roy and Jason sat down and talked about the Amazons in their lives.

Except Artemis is more receiving to Jason's affections unlike Donna who flat out felt nothing for him. Still I would not have minded if Roy and Jason sat down and talked about the Amazons in their lives.
    Except for that of course and your right it would be nice if Roy and Jason got together to talk about the Amazons in their lives.

Except for that of course and your right it would be nice if Roy and Jason got together to talk about the Amazons in their lives.
    Maybe there might be some room in the dark tone for a little lighthearted crossing over with Roy and Donna bumping into the Outlaws.

BANNED

Countdown revealed Donna cared for him. The issue was if there was romantic interest or not.

Maybe there might be some room in the dark tone for a little lighthearted crossing over with Roy and Donna bumping into the Outlaws.
    I really hope there will continue to be lighthearted moments or even issues in the series when the tone goes darker since I actually like a bit of variety in both story and tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Countdown revealed Donna cared for him. The issue was if there was romantic interest or not.
    I'm not sure there was any romantic interest on Donna's part but I could be mistaken.

BANNED

That "mostly" and the Red Hood doodle won me over Artemis. Whatta moment.