Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Action Comics #997 preview

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Really wish we could have seen the batman beyond version of this storyline. I wonder when that idea was scrapped, with how much these bi weekly books are planned in advance, I'm guessing a while ago.

I hope Bendis turns Eradicator back into an antihero. Straight up villain is so not his role, I'm immensely surprised that at least Jurgens never somewhat tried to redeem him.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

"A shame he wasn't raised by someone better."

Heh.

Curious line. Foreshadowing? A Hypertime memory? Perhaps we'll see...
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Really wish we could have seen the batman beyond version of this storyline. I wonder when that idea was scrapped, with how much these bi weekly books are planned in advance, I'm guessing a while ago.
    Batman Beyond version?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Batman Beyond version?
    https://twitter.com/thedanjurgens/st...30857888727041

BANNED

Thanks, would've loved to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post

Heh.

I'm guessing its just more a nod to the old continuity, rather than any hint that it will come back in. I just don't see it happening within the current framework.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post

Heh.

I know this Lor-Zod is a different character to Pre Flashpoint Chris but it still makes me a little sad to see an evil son of Zod. Although Chris wasn't as successful as Jon, he was a good first trial for Clark and Lois as parents.

Also the preview link says Will Conrad is the artist but clearly Booth had to step in to do art for this issue as well. Too bad, I really liked Conrad's art in his two Action Comics issues.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I hope Bendis turns Eradicator back into an antihero. Straight up villain is so not his role, I'm immensely surprised that at least Jurgens never somewhat tried to redeem him.
    technically speaking, it's impossible for Jurgens to get the eradicator wrong.

I doubt Bendis will be using it for a really long time if he does.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I know this Lor-Zod is a different character to Pre Flashpoint Chris but it still makes me a little sad to see an evil son of Zod. Although Chris wasn't as successful as Jon, he was a good first trial for Clark and Lois as parents.
    Well, Clark and Lois didn't exactly get to raise him for very long. I do hope it's foreshadowing but I don't see how Clark and Lor-Zod could suddenly remember their brief time together within the context of this story. Shame, because I liked that story, and it wouldn't be hard to "tweak" it so that it happened shortly after Clark and Lois got married.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    Well, Clark and Lois didn't exactly get to raise him for very long. I do hope it's foreshadowing but I don't see how Clark and Lor-Zod could suddenly remember their brief time together within the context of this story. Shame, because I liked that story, and it wouldn't be hard to "tweak" it so that it happened shortly after Clark and Lois got married.
    Yeah I agree, there's no space within the current Reborn Superman timeline for Clark and Lois to have raised Chris either before Jon was born or when he was young and there's been no mention of New Krypton in Rebirth either. It could fit in I suppose with Jon being a toddler when Chris was adopted so he wouldn't really remember but Clark and Lois hid the Superman alter ego from Jon and moved away from Metropolis so it doesn't really work there.