BANNED

Default Can someone please explain to me what's the deal with Future's End?...

I'm not talking about the weekly series, i'm talking about the tie ins in September are all of those just one shots and we go back to the status quo in October or are all of the comics jumping 5 years in the future permanently?.

From what I understand, the series and tie ins will be set 5 years in the future. This doesn't affect the current continuity and all other titles will carry on in "present day" during and after Future's End.

Is that how everyone else understands?

Quote Originally Posted by Raker616 View Post
    I'm not talking about the weekly series, i'm talking about the tie ins in September are all of those just one shots and we go back to the status quo in October or are all of the comics jumping 5 years in the future permanently?.
    The tie-ins in September are one-shots. The provide a five year look into the future - a future that most people expect will never come to pass. In October the titles go back to the present timeline.

BANNED

They are all one shots that show what the DCU "could " look like in 5 years. Here's an interview of Didio explaining it.

http://www.newsarama.com/20440-dan-d...rd-weekly.html

BANNED

ok, thanks guys.

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

just a money grab by DC to cash in on the 5 year future thing - a lose tie to Futures End. The stories will not be tied to futures end.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tula's boyfriend View Post
    just a money grab by DC to cash in on the 5 year future thing - a lose tie to Futures End. The stories will not be tied to futures end.
    You may very well be right, but I'm not 100% convinced that these are not part of the same thing - that these are where things are, say, "early" five years from now, and the Futures End takes place shortly after, later in that same period.

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering about this myself.

The main reason that the one-shots in September might not tie in directly to the weekly is the characters featured in the weekly. From the teaser image you see Amethyst, Frankenstein, Batman Beyond, Booster Gold, Stormwatch, Firestorm, Mr. Terrific, and the Masked Superman. None of those characters have ongoing series. It's kinda like the 52 weekly using C-Listers back then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    The main reason that the one-shots in September might not tie in directly to the weekly is the characters featured in the weekly. From the teaser image you see Amethyst, Frankenstein, Batman Beyond, Booster Gold, Stormwatch, Firestorm, Mr. Terrific, and the Masked Superman. None of those characters have ongoing series. It's kinda like the 52 weekly using C-Listers back then.
    Yes, but those characters inhabit a particular world and that world could be the same one that the one-shots take place in, even if the characters don't cross over.

But the helmeted Superman from the weekly vs. the "robot" Superman from one of the one-shots suggests they are not. I'm not sure either way. Hopefully they will clear it up soon - having the one-shots take place in the same world as the weekly would probably drive sales higher for them.

Extraordinary Member

I would not be surprised if we saw a mix. Just live Villains Month, some books were pretty much just one shots about different villains, some fit in almost seamlessly with the title it was associated with and at least one or two were related to the actual Forever Evil event.