Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That she and Scott were meant for each other.
    Attachment 61927
    I totally agree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    Snuggling wolverine and offering an affair.
    Killing 6 billion people?

Jean has a bad side she suppresses to keep her goody two shoes image.
    When her and Xavier left Magneto a vegetable, the following issues, she was torturing herself because she thought it all went too far. When Exodus struck back in Bloodties, she sort of acted like they deserved it..same way she felt after Onslaught almost took NY off the map...all those feelings just because she and Xavier forced themselves in Magneto's distracted mind. That's the real Jean Grey. Goodie two shoes. Noble. No cosmic gimmick manipulating her actions and definitely isn't gonna give a Sabretooth or Emma Frost a pass

Always had a soft spot for red hair and green eyes, always though that was the most beautiful combo, visually it's rare and symbolise passion, romantisme and adventure....so when I first read x-men in the 80's Jean just stand out for me...then I fell in love with who she was passionate and kind, ready to sacrify herself for her friends, ready to fight for her believes, able to stand on her own, so strong and vulnerable in the same time, when she died on the moon I cried, I felt like I lost someone really important...
    She is not perfect, she is human, for me she is the ideal super heroine, always trying to do her best. If she was real, Jean is someone who you could meet and have a coffee with and talk about life, she will not look down on you, she will just be a nice person, you will enjoy her company and fall in love with her, she will leave you feeling good about yourself...and thinking you just met someone extraordinary...
    Ultimately, Jean is not a super ninja warrior, a war general, or a goddess, she is just the girl next door who have to rise and become more than she is to fill a role that she didn't ask for....

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    There's a slight Jekyll/Hyde thing to her that I love.
    I think this aspect is one of the things I find most fascinating about Jean. She has a duality that she struggles to find balance with. She doesn't necessarily want to be perfect for perfect's sake, but she feels that the people around her expect that of her and because she cares about them so much she aims really high to try.

And as they say, those who are capable of doing the greatest good are also capable of things most terrible. Jean is loving and sweet, but get on her bad side and you will regret it. I think even Logan once said that on some level he was scared of her.

Her struggle between tese two sides of her nature as she attempts to reach her potential make for some good stories.

Also, she always wants to live life on her own terms, whether she's doing well or screwing it up. That's why the end of Phoenix Resurrection didn't surprise me and why I'm especially interested to see where she'll go now that she's definitively (for the moment) separated from Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Her caring, motherly side. UXM #303 is the epitome of Jean Grey to me.
    One of my favoirte comic moments ever and one of the earliest X-Men issues I read as a kid. When my grandfather passed away years later, I was away at school and couldn't attend the funeral. So I wrote a message to be read at the service. I copied Jean's final words to Jubilee practically verbatim.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    Snuggling wolverine and offering an affair.
    Killing 6 billion people?

Jean has a bad side she suppresses to keep her goody two shoes image.

The only time she ever had something that could resemble an affair with Wolverine was during the first months of the Morrison era, when mr Soldier Boy Scott Summers was negleting her even after she was the reason he was seperated from Apocalypse's influence. If anything, Scott was the last person in the entire MU that should accuse Jean for being unfaithful.

And for the six billion thing. It was the Phoenix that caused that holocaust, not Jean. Jean was recuperating from radioactivity posoining within a coccoon at the bottom of the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    And for the six billion thing. It was the Phoenix that caused that holocaust, not Jean. Jean was recuperating from radioactivity posoining within a coccoon at the bottom of the ocean.
    Jean acknowledged on XMR that she was a part of that. She was as Phoenix had her personality/memories and a part of her soul. But retcon or not she was possessed in the first place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jean acknowledged on XMR that she was a part of that. She was as Phoenix had her personality/memories and a part of her soul. But retcon or not she was possessed in the first place.
    We do not know if she had done the same thing. It is one thing to have part of one's personality and quite another to be that one. In later stories, Phoenix Jean never did something evil.

As for the possesion thing, i agree but still. It wasn't Jean that murdered the D'bari people.

Most of what I love about Jean has already been covered but I think the aspect I love most about he is her indomitable spirit. She never gives up hope or accepts her world the way it is. She will fight and scratch and claw her way through whatever life throws at her and her spirit is never dimmed. Jean doesn't believe in the no win scenario, even though she's had to live through one herself. I think a lot of the X-Men exemplify this to some extent but for me, no one does it better than Jean Grey.

Question : I read the Dark Phoenix Saga when I was a teen, in a french language version. Maybe something was lost in the translation, but Dark Phoenix wanted to feed from a Stars (she did) and the consequence was the destruction of the star, followed bythe destructionof the D'bari's planet. In this french version, it wasn't Dark Phoenix intention to kill all those people. It was juste the consequence of te Star destruction. Is it the same in the original version ?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

She deserved alot more fanfare in her return. I mean wolverine levels of overkill

Id of liked a hunt scenario for her instead of what we got
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    She deserved alot more fanfare in her return. I mean wolverine levels of overkill

Id of liked a hunt scenario for her instead of what we got
    We kinda got crap, for Jean's return. First issue of PR was very promising and good, the flow up was meh.
    Thank god I really like X-Men Red so far. It was very very good imo.

She was not possessed in the original story. There was no Phoenix force, just Jean reaching her true potential.

It seems for me Jean was never possessed.
    She was manipulated by Mastermind.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellinoze View Post
    Question : I read the Dark Phoenix Saga when I was a teen, in a french language version. Maybe something was lost in the translation, but Dark Phoenix wanted to feed from a Stars (she did) and the consequence was the destruction of the star, followed bythe destructionof the D'bari's planet. In this french version, it wasn't Dark Phoenix intention to kill all those people. It was juste the consequence of te Star destruction. Is it the same in the original version ?
    Yes, that is what happened. She wanted to eat the star, she wasn't thinking about the planet.