Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    It won't happen with Cable being in a big movie this year

X-Man could always be sent to the Age of Apocalypse, his native timeline
    I forgot about that movie. It's sad how much Marvel seems to love their convoluted timelines.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I’d reboot Cable to be exactly like the T-1000. While Wolverine is Dept H’s mutant weapon from a human perspective, Cable is the next generation of mutant weapon from an informed mutant context. He’s cloned from Xavier, Magneto, and your basic Dept H healing factor genome.

That moves Cable away from all the Summers family crap, and into a more comfortable lineage of themes about mutant weaponry, evolution of science. It parallels the Terminator movies with Cable going back in time to arm the next generation of mutant heroes and shucks all that deep time travel Askani garbage that’s done no one any favors.

This edgelord dystopian reboot works even better when paired with irreverent Deadpool.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 02-11-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    Marvel had a lot of parallel universe storylines and none was ever high fantasy. they missed it.
    1602 kinda did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    Marvel had a lot of parallel universe storylines and none was ever high fantasy. they missed it.
    Ahem....

There are more examples, too(such as Arkon stories, or the Asgardian annuals by Art Adams, to name a few). It's been done. Maybe not for a particularly long duration or extremely developed, but they are out there.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Hmm. Any suggestions? I'd focus on students who could do with some exposure. Maybe Match, Transonic, Indra and Trance or something.
    Well I was thinking of students we never seen before but if I had to choose from past students I would choose:

Cipher (Pestilence), Primal (War), Mercury (Famine) and Trance (Death)

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    A team that had as many black people (or just POC) as the New Mutants had blonde characters with good characters development and interesting characters.
    So.......... New Mutants????????? Mirage, Sunspot, Karma, Feral, Rictor, Warpath. It's about the same as the amount of aryan characters they had. X-Force had even more, I think.

I'd like to see an X-Team that is permanently, indefinitely set in space, and not because they're lost there... because they went there by choice. They kind of did this with Havok's Starjammers but we didn't see any of them; I mean a straight up squad of X-Men that are out in space investigating cases like Broo and Cerise where other species have developed the X-Gene and helping them with that. Tbh, this would perfect to get Rachel away from Gold and keep her from being redundant with TWO Jean's around.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 02-13-2018 at 10:31 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

IMG_4410.JPG

Bugger Piotr getting hitched I want them to bring this back!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Well I was thinking of students we never seen before but if I had to choose from past students I would choose:

Cipher (Pestilence), Primal (War), Mercury (Famine) and Trance (Death)
    Oh? More students? We don't even see some of the existing ones. I mean, new mutants are great, but not at the loss of others. Hmm. Perhaps deceased students could be brought back then, much like how the Apocalypse Twins brought back Banshee, Grim Reaper, Daken & Sentry. Something like Wither (Death), Wallflower (Pestilence), Wolf Cub (War), and Icarus or Quill (Famine).

Astonishing Member

I'd like to see them break some of the old patterns. It's like there's always two regular X-books, a school book, an edgy book and a couple solo series. I mean, we've seen it happen three times that they didn't know what to do with the former students so they just made them into mentors/teachers (New Mutants vol. 3, Young X-Men and Generation X vol. 2). The only X-comic that seems to be something new every time is X-Factor (fake mutant hunters, government team, detective agency and finally corporate-sponsored team). Maybe the next time there needs to be a teen mutant book, they could set it somewhere besides Xavier's School for Something or Other (sorry, I haven't been keeping up on the name changes).

Barring any of that . . . move the leprechauns from Cassidy Keep into the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Just a thread where we can toss around some of our favorite crazy ideas for the X-franchise.
    I’ll throw my hat in the ring first...
    Fusions, similar to DBZ or SU. It’s crazy yes, but I would love to see relationship-built fusions being in the X-books for some odd reason.
    Well, they're bringing back Exiles, so I'm good.

Sandy Hausler

Oh? More students? We don't even see some of the existing ones. I mean, new mutants are great, but not at the loss of others. Hmm. Perhaps deceased students could be brought back then, much like how the Apocalypse Twins brought back Banshee, Grim Reaper, Daken & Sentry. Something like Wither (Death), Wallflower (Pestilence), Wolf Cub (War), and Icarus or Quill (Famine).
    Well I was thinking that the 4 were younger than Evan/Genesis who I was thinking becomes Apocalypse and transforms his fellow students into them. Actually that could be story in itself where Evan befriends 4 students and become loyal to them and them to him.

Actually from another thread I came up with 4 teens who could become the 4

Pestilence
    Name: David Rojas
    Codename: Madness
    Powers: Telepathy, Reading his mind can cause a telepath to have brief insanity
    Bio: A teen who was abandoned in the middle of nowhere because of his dangerous psyche and ramblings.

War
    Name: Charlie Farley
    Codename: Thrash
    Power: Super Speed and controlling the speeds of specific body parts including brain, heart, liver.
    Bio: A teen who believes in conspiracies against Wolverine and the Avengers and very outspoken against Inhumans, SHIELD and other heroes who are working with governments. Tries to kill the O5 believing their time travelling has caused more problems then solutions.

Famine
    Name: Whitney Grass
    Codename: Drain
    Powers: Talking can suck the energy out of other creatures.
    Bio: A Native American girl who is constantly talking about random things and doesn't know when to keep quiet

Death
    Name: Elvis Markow
    Codename: Korpse
    Power: Controlling skeletons, dead bodies, people with no souls, people with weak souls.
    Bio: A Russian goth who obsession with dying has him trying to create his own zombie apocalypse

I kinda want a huge massacre of Xavier’s school where 90-95% of the student body is wiped out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    I kinda want a huge massacre of Xavier’s school where 90-95% of the student body is wiped out.
    Why though? And who would you leave alive then?

Why though? And who would you leave alive then?
    Probably the Academy X Kids, and maybe a few other popular students. Give them their own series after the event.

And honestly, I feel like it could be a dark x-story that’d be like the Morlock Massacre, but with higher stakes.

The House of Evilution (I would have gone with House of Evolution but an anime has already used the name)

In the future Mr. Sinister and some scientists experiment on 6 mutants and end up making them stronger but mentally unstable and dangerous including one who can give anyone an X Gene and turn them into a mutant thus calling herself Mother Mutant. Mother then starts her own cult, called THE, and the group has killed many people and destroyed societies. Cable seeing this decides to go back in time to stop one of the scientist from going into the study of genetics but is stop by Mother and the originals who plan on recreating their House.