Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    fire powers are the most boring overused power.
    in the past they tried to make the characters with fire powers different in some way. Sunfire is atomic fire, whatever that is. Firestar is actually microwave radiation. Pyro can't produce fire, and isnt immune to fire, he can only control it, shape it, even creating fire creatures. Magma is completely different.

But Match, or the lazily created inhuman called Dante, with Inferno as codename, are super lazy characters.
    As much as I don't care for Dante as a character, at least there's been some thought put into differentiating his powers. He's got geo-thermal powers like Magma, he basically turns into living lava. He's even regenerated his arm out of lava after it was chopped off.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    But Match, or the lazily created inhuman called Dante, with Inferno as codename, are super lazy characters.
    There no such thing as lazy characters just lazy writers.

No one on Gen X had flame powers! now that I think about it
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    There no such thing as lazy characters just lazy writers.

No one on Gen X had flame powers! now that I think about it
    Seriously. All it takes is one writer to take an interest. Considering Match is one of the few M-Day survivors he has been there for a lot of the crap the poor x-kids suffer from. Just no one wants to tell his story.

His biggest achievement is a marshmellow heater.

BANNED

I wouldn't say he's the least popular. After all, Ink, Quentin Quire and Glob Herman exist.

Unfortunately, he just doesn't have much to offer. Unlike most of his peers, Match was never given a story to prove himself and earn favor from readers. Despite being one of the 27 students left at Xaviers post-M-Day, he didn't warrant enough interest for a writer to actively use his character. 6 of those 27 are dead now, but even from the 21 remaining, nobody ever picked up Ben Hammill. Not that the other kids of the NXM era get much exposure these days anyway.

I think Match attended the same university as America Chavez and Prodigy? I couldn't bring myself to read that terrible series so I'm not sure if he actually got to do anything.

He does suffer from generic powers too. Firestar, Sunfire or Magma would always win out for team selection among the X-Men. He's not even visually different- if he at least had blue or green flames he'd have something a little more distinctive.

Least popular is different from not well-liked. Match is one of the least used, least developed of the kids, so he very well could be the least popular. You can be popular for being hated, or popular for being loved, but if no one knows you or remembers you, you can't be popular. Like them or hate them, Ink, Quire, and Glob have had some high profile exposure, at least more so than a lot of the kids.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!