Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Default Is Spider-Man creepy?

I don't mean the stories themselves, that's obvious enough. I mean the image of the hero himself in universe.

I was browsing on YouTube and I came across this video.

When I first saw the link, I couldn't believe it. I mean, we all know cute, heroic Peter Parker! How could he be a horror?

But I watched the video, and I have to say it makes sense. Now, we the audience aren't creeped out by Peter, because we know what an adorkable, heroic guy Peter Parker is, but most people don't know that part of him. His is always wearing an unsettling, full body covering suit, is constantly crouching or contorting himself, and moving in impossible manners. The fact that he can move pretty much silently if he wants to doesn't really help, not to mention that (depending on the artist), he's usually kind of lean, which only makes the contortions more off-putting.

What do you think? Is Spider-Man's look horror laden?

Astonishing Member

Never thought of Spider-Man being creepy at all.
    Even before i had not even read Spider-Man comics and did not knew how to read and would just look at the colorful illustrations from Spider-Man comics laying around in my house when i was a kid.
    And when i actually started Reading the Spider-Man stories never thought Spider-Man as actually being creepy.
    The full body covered suit have actually made Spider-Man more popular because is a way to make readers imagine better the stories through Spider-Man eyes so to speak,Because with that costume the adventures of Spider-Man can be less viewed as the stories of just another character.The crouching and moving in impossible manners does not make Spider-Man creepy because Spider-Man have the powers of the Spiders,so if actual Spiders move that way it just makes sense that Spider-Man would as well.
    Same way as Batman fights villains more in the night as Bats for example.

Why does that need to be a 17 minutes long video? Geez lol.

Either way yeah he can look creepy, but body contortion is like that, and it's shown once in a while that a fair ammount of people know about his jokes, even dumbass civilians who hate him for no reason, and stupid costumes are part of that world so I doubt it'd be that much of an issue, specialy since despite the spider theme, the costume itself doesn't look creepy because of how colorful it is, the black costume would be creepy though, specialy at night, but he hardly uses it, and when he does the costume is the last thing to be creeped out.