Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

I would like a GROO complete omnibus.

Surprised we have never seen an Astro City omnibus

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Don't dismiss this as stupid too quickly, but Armageddon: 2001 (with all the annuals) with re-written (un-re-written?) and redrawn issue #2 with the original ending. The story as published is entirely incompatible with current continuity, anyway, so fix it up and give us the originally intended Monarch and a conclusion that makes sense.
    I wouldn't mind seeing a collection of the bookends plus the 2 mini series that followed up. Was the original Captain Atom as Monarch ending fully written and drawn? If so, I would want that as an extra.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90210 View Post
    I would like a GROO complete omnibus.
    I would be very tempted by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Surprised we have never seen an Astro City omnibus
    And this would be an automatic buy for me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a collection of the bookends plus the 2 mini series that followed up. Was the original Captain Atom as Monarch ending fully written and drawn? If so, I would want that as an extra.
    AFAIK, fully written but never drawn. No idea if the script still exists, though.

Looks like there were 12 annuals that took place between the two bookends (plus an Action Comics epilogue issue), so you really could put both the follow up minis and all the annuals in one reasonably big omnibus. It'd be dope.

BANNED

Batman: No Man's Land with Road to No Man's Land and Cataclysm added ofcourse. I really like No Man's Land event. One of the first Batman stories which i read so many years ago.

I'd like:

Daredevil by Ann Nocenti
    Daredevil by Denis O'Neil
    Hulk by John Byrne
    Swamp Thing / Animal Man: Rotworld - They've got it in French
    Swamp Thing by Charles Soule
    The Mask
    Justice League Dark
    Batman by Greg Rucka (aka New Gotham) - They've got it in French
    Last edited by jb681131; 09-09-2018 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Batman: No Man's Land with Road to No Man's Land and Cataclysm added ofcourse. I really like No Man's Land event. One of the first Batman stories which i read so many years ago.
    Well They already exist as omnibuses, what more do you want ? Before road to no man's land, there is also Contagion.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    I'd like:

Daredevil by Ann Nocenti
    Hulk by John Byrne
    The Mask
    Justice League Dark
    Wait, John Byrne did Hulk as well? I was not aware of that. He sure got around back in the days.

Is it as good as his other Marvel work?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Wait, John Byrne did Hulk as well? I was not aware of that. He sure got around back in the days.

Is it as good as his other Marvel work?
    He only did about 8 issues. It was OK. It’s collected in the Marvel Universe by John Byrne Omnibus V1. Still available and a good book. Contains his run on Captain America and about a dozen issues of 70s Avengers, too.
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 09-10-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'd like:

Daredevil by Ann Nocenti
    Hulk by John Byrne
    The Mask
    Justice League Dark
    A Daredevil by Ann Nocenti Omnibus would probably be split into two as one Omnibus would be an extremely hefty book and extremely unwieldy UNLESS they produce a Daredevil by Ann Nocenti and John Romita JR Omnibus which would fit into one.

I doubt the Daredevil Denny O'Neill issues would be enough for an Omnibus BUT a Daredevil by Denny O’Neill, Klaus Janson, David Mazzucchelli & Others would be absolutely fantastic. This would cover those issues between the two Frank Miller runs and would consist of Daredevil #192-218, #220-225 and possibly Marvel Fanfare #27, MTU #140-141, Moon Knight #13 & any other relevant Marvel Fanfare & MTU appearances by Daredevil. I would love for this to happen as this is actually my number one desire for an Omnibus.

Newsarama is reporting that the Omnibuses that would have reprinted the pre-Batman Detective Comics #1-26 have been canceled and will NOT be resolicited.

I have a feeling that due to the AT&T merger as well as DC and Marvel being in the media spotlight because of their movies, neither DC or Marvel will reprint anything that has any racist content in it -- even if it's aimed at the adult market. This is also likely why the reprint of the original Captain Marvel serial, Monster Society of Evil, was canceled.

Here's the story:
    DC Comics has informed retailers that March 2019’s Detective Comics: Before Batman Vol. 1 and 2 have been canceled “and will not be resolicited.”

This two-volume set would have collected Detective Comics #1 through #26, the issues of the series before Batman's debut in March 1939's #27.

https://www.newsarama.com/42757-dete...cancelled.html

I have a feeling this will also extend to their television shows and cartoons. I wouldn't be surprised to see Warner going back to the censored versions of Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerrys for future video and streaming releases.

Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 11-16-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm sad for our world. Where the recent past, heck history in general if you have kids in school you likely know what I mean, is censored by the politics of those in power.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Well They already exist as omnibuses, what more do you want ? Before road to no man's land, there is also Contagion.
    AFAIK NML was collected twice into trade paperbacks, but was never released as omnibus.

All-New Member

Astro city would be great to see.

Also, Shade the changing man by Milligan.

And a Fables omnibus.