Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    All solid choices. Throw in Crazy Magazine and I'll subscribe to your newsletter.
    Actually, I listed Crazy Magazine in my Original Post, but I'll throw in Sick Magazine from Charlton. It was derivative like pretty much anything Charlton published, but still worth a look.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    For DC

Superman by Byrne (including Adventures of Superman and Action Comics issues)
    I've been dying for DC to at the very least release an OHC of Byrne's Man Of Steel mini-series with all the bells and whistles (sketches, original treatment, pencil art)

I remember reading years ago that DC is slow in reprinting some runs because they would have to pay royalties to the creators. I'm not sure what time period it covers or if they resolved it already. They are slow in releasing certain runs from the 80's. There's also the issue of demand. How many units of a collected Warlord would actually sell, and would it be worth paying to print it?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Since I already mentioned G.Age Capt Marvel, I hope we get GA Hawkman, Flash, Sandman, Aquaman, etc.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mighty Member

Not sure what you'd call it, exactly, but a Greg Rucka Question/Batwoman omnibus including

Huntress: Cry for Blood
    Question/Montoya/Batwoman parts of 52
    Batwoman from 'Tec (Elegy, Go, Cutter)
    Five Books of Blood
    FC: Revelations
    Pipeline
    Question 37 (Blackest Night)
    Convergence: The Question

For those who didn't notice it in the solicits, John Byrne's Fantastic Four Omnibus #1 will be back in stock with a new printing around August.

Another one to cross of the want list for people who haven't gotten it yet (like me).

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    For those who didn't notice it in the solicits, John Byrne's Fantastic Four Omnibus #1 will be back in stock with a new printing around August.

Another one to cross of the want list for people who haven't gotten it yet (like me).
    Very stoked for that. Upon seeing it was going to be re-released, I ordered Volume 2 of Byrne’s run on this from eBay for a great price. One of my favorite runs of all-time.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Silver Surfer Volume One by Lee and Buscema is tops on my reprint list.

Quote Originally Posted by mad hatter View Post
    marvel

avengers by roger stern
    thunderbolts by busiek and bagley
    amazing spider-man by defalco/frenz
    amazing spider-man by michelinie and bagley
    spectacular spider-man by dematteis/buscema
    iron man by michelinie & layton volume 2
    hulk by peter david

dc

swamp thing by alan moore
    jonah hex (gray/palmiotti pre-new 52)
    the question by denny o'neil
    jla by grant morrison

bonus:

dark horse libraries

beasts of burden
    harrow county
    age of reptiles
    agreed!!

JM SB SPSM.jpg
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

My List:
    JM DeMatteis - Spectacular Spider-Man https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...bus-collection
    Daredevil by Nocenti
    DeFalco/Frenz/Hobgoblin thread Omni

DC
    Flintstones - deluxe edition

Jupiter's Legacy - complete collection

Reprint
    Silver Surfer
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    DeFalco/Frenz/Hobgoblin thread Omni
    I really second this one. Then it could be paired with the Roger Stern Omnibus (which can operate as Hobgoblin Vol 1 Omni)

Hobgoblin Lives would have to end this Defalco/Frenze Hobby Omni since I just realized the Stern Omni left it out. So I'd have this hypothetical Omni be about collecting all the other main Hobgoblin stories up to H.Lives or even the Kingsley/Norman arc "Goblins at the Gate"

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I really second this one. Then it could be paired with the Roger Stern Omnibus (which can operate as Hobgoblin Vol 1 Omni)

Hobgoblin Lives would have to end this Defalco/Frenze Hobby Omni since I just realized the Stern Omni left it out. So I'd have this hypothetical Omni be about collecting all the other main Hobgoblin stories up to H.Lives or even the Kingsley/Norman arc "Goblins at the Gate"
    Pretty much my thoughts.

Much like the Harry Osborn saga (Conway laid the foundation, then JM DeMatteis took it over), there are threads via DeFalco's run that were followed throughout 80s comic fandom and would create a nice bookend to Stern's omi/

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts.
    I wonder what the Omni could be named given it'd have Defalco stuff, Stern stuff, Bob Layton (see below!)......maybe Spider-Man: Hobgoblin Lives (trying to use Marvel's simplistic naming logic) or Hobgoblin: Death and Return or Spider-Man: Hobgoblin's Death and Return

People forget about this Bob Layton one! (spider-fan.org didn't even remember this in Hobby's app list)
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-s...rs/4000-28569/

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Peter_P...-Man_Vol_1_130
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-28-2018 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I wonder what the Omni could be named given it'd have Defalco stuff, Stern stuff, Bob Layton (see below!)......maybe Spider-Man: Hobgoblin Lives (trying to use Marvel's simplistic naming logic) or Hobgoblin: Death and Return or Spider-Man: Hobgoblin's Death and Return

People forget about this Bob Layton one! (spider-fan.org didn't even both to list this)
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-s...rs/4000-28569/

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Peter_P...-Man_Vol_1_130
    shrugs

"Reign/Mystery of the Hobgoblin" omni?

A Morbius or Man-wolf collected volumes and a bigger text Vampire tales those three small volumes they came out with caused eye strain.
    Hail Hydra!