Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Wait, Green Arrow has gotten a Golden Age Omnibus, but Captain Marvel/Shazam hasn't?

Yeah, they need to release that right away.
    They really do. It's starting to strike me as a vile continuation of DC's old bitter grudge against Fawcett.

DC needs bury that once and for all and Omnibus some Fawcett. There is going to be a movie for crying out loud.

Not to mention that Capt Marvel GA comics are considered some of the best GA comics.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-12-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Spectacular Member

For DC

Batman Bronze Age thru to Knightfall
    Superman by Byrne (including Adventures of Superman and Action Comics issues)

For Marvel
    Captain America by Dematties and Zeck
    Captain America by Gruenwald, preferrably til 401 after that its a little embarrassing with Cap wolf, even though Superia Strategm isn't much better
    Spectacular Spider Man from 1-100 and 101-200, however many that it takes to collect those
    Web of Spidey 1-75, however many that takes
    Avengers by Stern
    Avengers 151-202
    Iron Man 161-200 and 201-254
    Amazing Spider Man from 253-289, this is my #1 even over Amazing omni 4.
    Thunderbolts 1-33 and Hulk 449, 34-75 with Avengers/Thunderbolts mini then another omnibus for the title when Zemo came back 2005 (1-18, 100-130) during civil war and ellis

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Spectacular Spider Man from 1-100 and 101-200, however many that it takes to collect those
    Web of Spidey 1-75, however many that takes
    Since there was a stretch where Gerry Conway wrote both titles, I would like to see that era for both titles collected in one volume in correct reading order.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

DC Comics Presents starring Superman
    Bronze Age Jonah Hex
    Silver/Bronze Age Sgt. Rock

Yeah, I would add to my OP list Omnibuses for the Fawcett stuff - definitely Captain Marvel, Jr, and Mary.

I would also add Golden Age Blackhawks and Golden Age Plastic Man. Even though DC did do 7 Archives of Plas, I'd rebuy the material in Omni form if they made a commitment to reprint all Golden Age Plas.

For Marvel, I'd add in a Captain Mar-Vell Omnibus series.

And they really should bring the Tomb of Dracula Omnis back in to print.

Incredible Member

I really want Amazing Spiderman 4 (Probably only a matter of time), Swamp Thing (probably sooner than later but I'm being optimistic), Bronze Age Batman (will come eventually).

I could make a long list here but I'll save it until the most wanted polls start up again. With that said, another year goes by and the most perplexing question of collected editions hasn't changed. Where is the Swamp Thing omni or absolutes?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Where is the Swamp Thing omni or absolutes?
    It's as if DC is withholding these out of spite for the creator and fans of that series. Alternatively, we can pretend that they are taking extra precaution to make sure the colors, the scans, the dialogue, the related extras, etc. are perfect the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I could make a long list here but I'll save it until the most wanted polls start up again. With that said, another year goes by and the most perplexing question of collected editions hasn't changed. Where is the Swamp Thing omni or absolutes?
    Quote Originally Posted by PossumGrease View Post
    It's as if DC is withholding these out of spite for the creator and fans of that series. Alternatively, we can pretend that they are taking extra precaution to make sure the colors, the scans, the dialogue, the related extras, etc. are perfect the first time.
    I suspect it's coming. They just released the Bronze Age last year, which leads right up to the issue before Moore took over. Maybe this year maybe next. How often are they putting out the other series, like Golden Age Batman, Superman, etc?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Yeah I am super surprised we haven't seen Golden Age Captain Marvel and Plastic Man reprinted. CC Beck and Jack Cole are considered crucial innovators.

Speaking of Golden Age, Why isn't there a Golden Age Justice Society Omnibus out?

Morrison's JLA is already completely collected in oversized hardcover format. What we need is an omnibus line of "JLA" that includes everything, mapped like the recent tpb's.

Incredible Member

Early 1980's pre-Crisis Batman up until Year One, I'm talking the whole slew of comics by Gerry Conway, Doug Moench, Don Newton, Gene Colan.

Bronze Age House of Mystery
    Byrne Superman
    BA Age Flash
    BA Worlds Finest
    GA Whiz comics Captain Marvel
    BA Batman Family
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

I'll add:

- Nexus
    - Grimjack
    - Jon Sable, Freelance
    - ElfQuest all series in color
    - Epic Illustrated magazine
    - Mad Magazine
    - Cracked magazine

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I'll add:

- Nexus
    - Grimjack
    - Jon Sable, Freelance
    - ElfQuest all series in color
    - Epic Illustrated magazine
    - Mad Magazine
    - Cracked magazine
    All solid choices. Throw in Crazy Magazine and I'll subscribe to your newsletter.