Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Two wishes:

(1) They use the ORIGINAL coloring look, not the remastered coloring like the Dark Horse versions. I'm not a fan of photoshop coloring and effects on old artwork.

(2) Marvel starts a second omnibus series reprinting The Savage Sword of Conan magazine, and they should keep it in black and white.
    Your wishes will be granted. Especially 1, though I think a SSC omni is a given, too.

Walter Lantz Woody Woodpecker/New Funnies for one of the Omnibus/Collected editions I would love to see happen.

Also Ninja Turtles at one point had a newspaper strip. I would love to see IDW gather these extremely hard to find comic strips and put them as part of The Library Of America Comics series that IDW produces.
    Find me on
    Instagram @turtle_wa
    YouTube @TurtleWA

All-New Member

I would personally love a Fables omnibus or a volume 2 for the Ultimate Spider-Man. The hardcovers for Ultimate Spider-Man are so hard to collect for decent price, they really need a second volume.

Here's some news about Omnibuses for 2019:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...c-comics-2019/
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...-frank-miller/

(1) Detective Comics Before Batman Omnibus Vol. 1 - reprints Detective 1-13 [FEB 12, 2019]
    (2) Detective Comics Before Batman Omnibus Vol. 2 - reprints Detective 14-26 [MAR 12, 2019]
    (3) Wonder Woman by Phil Jimenez Omnibus [FEB 19, 2019]
    (4) Masters of the Universe Omnibus (does NOT reprint 1980s stuff except DC Presents 47) [FEB 26, 2019]
    (5) Batman: The Hush Saga Omnibus [MAR 19, 2019]
    (6) Batgirl: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 2 [APR 2, 2019]
    (7) The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus (New Edition) [APR 16, 2019]
    (8) Batman & Superman in World’s Finest: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 2 [APR 23, 2019]
    (9) New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 4 [MAY 7, 2019]
    (10) Wonder Woman by Brian Azzarello & Cliff Chiang Omnibus [MAY 21, 2019]
    (11) Justice League of America: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 3 [MAY 28, 2019]
    (12) The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus [APR 9, 2019]

(1) Earth X Trilogy Omnibus: Omega [MAR 19, 2019]
    (2) Conan the Barbarian: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 1 [JAN 29, 2019]
    (3) Spider-Man: Ben Reilly Omnibus Vol. 1 [JAN 15, 2019]
    (4) Guardians of the Galaxy: Tomorrow’s Heroes Omnibus [JAN 15, 2019]
    (5) Marvel Universe by Frank Miller Omnibus [JAN 1, 2019]
    (6) Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale: Yellow, Blue, Gray & White Omnibus [DEC 18, 2018]
    (7) Savage Sword Of Conan: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 1 [APR 2, 2019] (COLLECTING: SAVAGE TALES (1971) 1-5; SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN (1974) 1-12, SPECIAL (1975) 1)

Quote Originally Posted by NKino808 View Post
    I would personally love a Fables omnibus or a volume 2 for the Ultimate Spider-Man. The hardcovers for Ultimate Spider-Man are so hard to collect for decent price, they really need a second volume.
    I'd take either of those in a second.

Great to see D C continuing with the=Wolfman/ Perez New Teen Titans (New Teen Titans vol.2 #10-31, New Teen Titans vol.2 Annual #1-2, and Omega Men #34)
    and Justice League Of America Bronze Age Omnibus vol.3 (Justice League Of America # 147-181)

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Other than a Byrne Supes Omni, all I ask for from here on out are reprinting things like the original Silver Surfer.

Mighty Member

Don't dismiss this as stupid too quickly, but Armageddon: 2001 (with all the annuals) with re-written (un-re-written?) and redrawn issue #2 with the original ending. The story as published is entirely incompatible with current continuity, anyway, so fix it up and give us the originally intended Monarch and a conclusion that makes sense.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Don't dismiss this as stupid too quickly, but Armageddon: 2001 (with all the annuals) with re-written (un-re-written?) and redrawn issue #2 with the original ending. The story as published is entirely incompatible with current continuity, anyway, so fix it up and give us the originally intended Monarch and a conclusion that makes sense.
    I know I've heard that Hawk wasn't originally intended to be Monarch but don't recall who it was intended to be. Remind me please.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I know I've heard that Hawk wasn't originally intended to be Monarch but don't recall who it was intended to be. Remind me please.
    Captain Atom. They made the switch because spoilers leaked out over a 900 number (that's an insane sentence, btw)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Here's some news about Omnibuses for 2019:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...c-comics-2019/
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...-frank-miller/

(1) Detective Comics Before Batman Omnibus Vol. 1 - reprints Detective 1-13 [FEB 12, 2019]
    (2) Detective Comics Before Batman Omnibus Vol. 2 - reprints Detective 14-26 [MAR 12, 2019]
    (3) Wonder Woman by Phil Jimenez Omnibus [FEB 19, 2019]
    (4) Masters of the Universe Omnibus (does NOT reprint 1980s stuff except DC Presents 47) [FEB 26, 2019]
    (5) Batman: The Hush Saga Omnibus [MAR 19, 2019]
    (6) Batgirl: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 2 [APR 2, 2019]
    (7) The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus (New Edition) [APR 16, 2019]
    (8) Batman & Superman in World’s Finest: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 2 [APR 23, 2019]
    (9) New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 4 [MAY 7, 2019]
    (10) Wonder Woman by Brian Azzarello & Cliff Chiang Omnibus [MAY 21, 2019]
    (11) Justice League of America: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 3 [MAY 28, 2019]
    (12) The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus [APR 9, 2019]

(1) Earth X Trilogy Omnibus: Omega [MAR 19, 2019]
    (2) Conan the Barbarian: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 1 [JAN 29, 2019]
    (3) Spider-Man: Ben Reilly Omnibus Vol. 1 [JAN 15, 2019]
    (4) Guardians of the Galaxy: Tomorrow’s Heroes Omnibus [JAN 15, 2019]
    (5) Marvel Universe by Frank Miller Omnibus [JAN 1, 2019]
    (6) Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale: Yellow, Blue, Gray & White Omnibus [DEC 18, 2018]
    (7) Savage Sword Of Conan: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 1 [APR 2, 2019] (COLLECTING: SAVAGE TALES (1971) 1-5; SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN (1974) 1-12, SPECIAL (1975) 1)
    Wonder what will make "The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus (New Edition) [APR 16, 2019]" different?

Spectacular Member

To echo what others have suggested:

1) Sgt. Rock - Have his Archive Editions, but there is so much more to see. I'm willing to double-dip.

2) DC Comics Presents - I wonder if there any any rights issues to work out with all those co-stars. Apparently #47 with He-Man is OK to reprint in a different upcoming omni.

3) Bronze Age Jonah Hex - So much great art. I have reading copies of the entire series, but not much of his appearances before Jonah Hex #1. Again, willing to double-dip.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90210 View Post
    Wonder what will make "The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus (New Edition) [APR 16, 2019]" different?
    The new collected editions (5 w/connecting spines) included a couple extra issues in the Funeral for a Friends story and the Reign and Return collections included the Bloodlines annuals. I believe there is also an extra issue at the end of Return to serve as a proper coda (I wrote this all up in the comments on the collected editions blog months ago, so I'm sure I'm forgetting something). I would assume the new omnibus will probably include the same new content.

Some omnibus collections I'd love to see made so I can get my hands on them:

DC:
    Golden Age Captain Marvel/Shazam
    DC collection of Grant Morrison's lesser known limited series runs
    Gail Simone's early run on Birds of Prey
    Pfeifer/Lopez Catwoman run (issues 53-82)
    Batgirl (Bryan Q Miller)
    a hardcover collection (Too small for an omnibus) of The Web by Straczynski, Robinson, and Sturges

Image:
    Jupiter's Legacy/Circle

Marvel:
    DeMatteis/Zeck Captain America run

I didn't list any Valiant since they released proper deluxe hardcover collections of some the books I enjoyed from VEI (Archer & Armstrong, Ivar Timewalker, Harbinger Wars, Rai etc...)

Spectacular Member

Forgot to mention that it seems strange when DC publishes an omnibus collecting fairly recent material, especially when the original issues don't seem too hard to find. But I can understand where some readers prefer everything together without ads and stuff. Personally I'm into Bronze Age material. It's generally not as crude as Golden Age, not as silly as Silver Age, and the stories are denser than padded, stretched out modern arcs.