Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default In your opinion, what are the best comics Marvel are currently putting out?

Hi, I haven't read Marvel in a while but I recently found a good shop in my area, so I'm looking to start again. In your opinion, what are the best titles Marvel are currently putting out? Also, what is the best X-men book, Red, Blue, or Gold?

The most consistently enjoyable book Marvel is publishing now is Daredevil.

Hawkeye is also very good, but it's ending unfortunately. Same for Deadpool, with only 5 issues left.

It's early, but the best X-Men team book is X-Men Red. Rogue and Gambit is a mini series that has been absolutely wonderful so far.

Thanks for the reply. Do I need any background context for X-men Red, or can I just jump in?

Jean came back in the mini series Phoenix Resurrection. If you want to read that, you can. I didn't.

Awesome, thanks!

Astonishing Member

There's a lot of stuff out there that I enjoy. Please note that Marvel is publishing a wide range of comics that appeal to many different types of fans.

Thor, Iron Man, and Totally Awesome Hulk explore hat it means to be a new hero trying to live up the legacy of an established hero. Please note that Odinson, Tony Stark, and Bruce Banner are all returning. So it is possible to be a fan of the original character and still enjoy the current storyline.

A lot of the younger heroes have great titles coming out. Ms. Marvel, Spider0Man (Miles Morales), Champions, and even Squirrel Girl are good.

Avengers is ramping up in a weekly story that bring all the different teams together.

And there are many other titles that don't appeal to me personally, but many other readers enjoy.

Avengers
    Mighty Thor
    Star Wars
    Thanos

Invincible Member

Hawkeye was one of Marvel better titles. It's a shame that more people didn't check it out.

Dan Slott's Amazing Spider-Man
    Gerry Duggan's Guardians of the Galaxy
    Charles Soule's Daredevil
    Kelly Thompson's Hawkeye
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

The cancelled ones:
    Hawkeye
    Generation X

I really really enjoy Runaways, but it is kind of slow as a monthly. I don't necessarily want it to change but might prefer it in trade format.

Avengers: No Surrender is epic but kind of too cluttered for me.

Mighty Thor, Black Bolt, Defenders, and Doctor Strange are all really strong.

Ms. Marvel is pretty consistent but is not currently at it's peak IMO.

Black Bolt is their current best. Ahmed and Ward are doing amazing work.

X-Men Red is definitely the best of the three main X-titles. Blue has been inconsistent, and Gold is trash.

The best X-title is All-New Wolverine. It's been incredibly strong.

Hawkeye's great, but it ends with the next issue. Still, check out the trades.

Ms. Marvel, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, have all been phenomenal.

Anything Kelly Thompson writes is worth picking up. Also, I suspect the upcoming Exiles, by Saladin Ahmed, will be awesome.

Spectacular Spider-Man has gotten REALLY good with the Legacy issues. Much easier to jump into too, if Amazing seems too daunting.

Thank you all for the replies. I really appreciate all the help, and I'm definitely going to be checking out a bunch of your recommendations.

Personally I enjoy Tales of Suspense the most right now.
    All new Wolverine is always a good choice for a consistently very decent book and as everyone an their mothers pointed out above: Kelly Thompson's Hawkeye is a very good read.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Still loving :

Falcon
    Iron Fist
    Uncanny Avengers
    Defenders

All are worth trying out.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.