Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Default Are there an essential issues of Acts of Vengeance?

I'm aware of the general premise of Acts of Vengeance - bad guys essentially decide to swap good guys to fight. I've read quite a few issues "tying in" to the story (Daredevil, Fantastic Four, X-Men, New Mutants). I think I remember one scene in X-Factor that suggested some kind of ongoing plot. But, to the extent there is one, I'm completely unaware of it. Does anyone know if there are books that advance the story more than good guys fight different badguys? Are there books where the bad guy plan is hatched, the bad guys have some overall scheme, or the whole thing eventually falls apart? Basically, I'm trying to figure out f there are any issues more important than others if one were to read this thing like an actual event.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Acts of Vengeance is at its core an Avengers event more than anything so those books would be main issues in my mind. These are the issues Marvel itself has listed as the core issues:

Avengers 311-313
    Avengers West Coast 53-55
    Captain America 365-367
    Iron Man 351-352
    Thor 411-412
    Quasar 5-6

Avengers West Coast issue 55 is the finale of the event.

There is the Avengers Spotlight issue issue 26 the labels itself "the beginning of the saga" that has Hawkeye and Iron Man trying to stop a break out at the Vault that features many of the villains that would go on to fight in this event. Issue 29 of that series is listed as an epilouge also.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 02-11-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Mighty Member

While not essential to the story, the Spider-Man tangent where he gets the Uni-Power and trashes Magneto, Hulk, and Graviton is a great read.

i don't know how essential it is, but one of my earliest comics is Avengers #312. it's a fun read--B Team Avengers got wrecked by Freedom Force!

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    While not essential to the story, the Spider-Man tangent where he gets the Uni-Power and trashes Magneto, Hulk, and Graviton is a great read.
    Wasn't Spider-Man kinda the finale of the thing? Spidey's role in "Acts of Vengeance" ends with Loki creating the Tri-Sentinel as his revenge for being foiled.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)