Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Superman animated movies you'd like to see made...

Since Batman seems to get all the animated movies, what Superman stories would you like to see turned into animated movies? I'd love to see a Kingdom Come movie myself. Even though it's more a Justice League story I see it as mostly a Superman story. I think someone suggested on here that Red Son might be adapted into a movie.
    Assassinate Putin!

Right at the top of my head i wish to see Lois and Clark miniseries as well as the early Rebirth run adapted into films. I really loved the books and i found the setting most intriguing. Superman and Lois were exiles from an extinct universe living in a world which was similar yet strange at the same time, raising their son in secret. That can never be adapted in a film as its so convoluted. But it can work for an animated adaptation.

Kingdom Come is one too. Its really great. Also, Superman: Birthright if only for that final battle sequence in Metropolis which was epic. Red Son would be fine for an animated film.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-11-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

Assuming there isn't any push for Jon to appear soon, I think "Last Son" would be a great storyline to adapt. If Jon was going to be on screen too soon after or around the same time it might be a bit confusing with two different "sons" of Superman for the casual viewer. But a loosely adapted version of this gives us a decent story, uses Zod who most fans would recognize, and gives Lois a role that actually contributes to the plot.

Maybe if Geoff Johns had the time to get personally involved we could get a version of New Krypton that works better than the comics did. Possibly a single DTV Brainiac story ending with Kandor's enlargement followed by a second DTV for the actual Earth-NK war.

Not sure it could be done but the new52 Morrison run would be great as well.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'll echo other thoughts and say I'd love to see Jon appear in a animated film as well. My idea would be to take Peter Tomasi and Pat Gleason's Superman run, mainly the Hamilton county parts, and condense it into one film. I would not bother explaining anything about the timeline or anything, just introduce Clark and Lois in Hamilton with a throway line about them being there to raise their kid, nothing more. The main villain of the film would be the elite and throughout the film, we'd see weird monsters and stragness in the town while Clark is teaching Jon values and Lois is working for the towns newpspaer similar to how it was done in the comics.

I'd like to see a full adaptation of the Death and Return of Superman, not a version that's like "eh who cares about the part with the four Supermen, people only care about Doomsday and the black suit". I'd also like to see an animated that movie that is set in the silver/bronze age.
    Last edited by Last Son; 02-12-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    I'd like to see a full adaptation of the Death and Return of Superman, not a version that's like "eh who cares about the part with the four Supermen, people only care about Doomsday and the black suit". I'd also like to see an animated that movie that is set in the silver/bronze age. I'd also like to see a silver or bronze age-style animated movie.
    You may like this news if you didn't see it yet: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/0...animated-movie

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    I'd like to see a full adaptation of the Death and Return of Superman, not a version that's like "eh who cares about the part with the four Supermen, people only care about Doomsday and the black suit". I'd also like to see an animated that movie that is set in the silver/bronze age. I'd also like to see a silver or bronze age-style animated movie.
    Do you think a slightly modified "Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow" would work or is it just us Silver/Bronze Age fans that would appreciate the cameos in that tale?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Whatever Happened could totally still work, and I'd love to see it.

I'd also like to see an original Superman & Son animated movie not based on any one comic.

A really artsy and visually rich Superman for All Seasons would be great.

And a strictly Superman centered version of DC One Million would be fantastic.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

I want to see a suquel to this animated movie more than anything

It had proposal and cliffhanger ending besides being really awesome adaptation of Brainiac story arc, having an amazing Lois, cool Superman action, great Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

It had proposal and cliffhanger ending besides being really awesome adaptation of Brainiac story arc, having an amazing Lois, cool Superman action, great Supergirl.
    ^ Agreed, a compressed New Krypton movie could be nice (Though I find a cartoon show to be a better format), though it should mostly focus on Supes and Kara 'cause New Krypton had a whole lot of B plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Whatever Happened could totally still work, and I'd love to see it.

I'd also like to see an original Superman & Son animated movie not based on any one comic.

A really artsy and visually rich Superman for All Seasons would be great.

And a strictly Superman centered version of DC One Million would be fantastic.
    Yes Whatever Happened would be great. I wonder why don't they try some older stuff. I think all of their films are based on Post Crisis incarnations. Thankfully the other one The Man Who Has Everything already has a great adaptation in JLU.

DC One Million would be great too. A faithful adaptation would require a series. But a Superman-centric adaptation would be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'll echo other thoughts and say I'd love to see Jon appear in a animated film as well. My idea would be to take Peter Tomasi and Pat Gleason's Superman run, mainly the Hamilton county parts, and condense it into one film. I would not bother explaining anything about the timeline or anything, just introduce Clark and Lois in Hamilton with a throway line about them being there to raise their kid, nothing more. The main villain of the film would be the elite and throughout the film, we'd see weird monsters and stragness in the town while Clark is teaching Jon values and Lois is working for the towns newpspaer similar to how it was done in the comics.
    That would be better. I dig that convoluted backstory but its difficult to adapt. A simple modification like the present continuity where they go into hiding because Lois' life was in danger might do just fine. While it looses one of my favorite parts-the melancholic nature of the story due to loosing their home and stranded in an unknown world, i would still love to see it happen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    That would be better. I dig that convoluted backstory but its difficult to adapt. A simple modification like the present continuity where they go into hiding because Lois' life was in danger might do just fine. While it looses one of my favorite parts-the melancholic nature of the story due to loosing their home and stranded in an unknown world, i would still love to see it happen.
    Instead of Lois being in danger why not adapt "The Death Of Clark Kent" and combined it with the subplot from Jon's introduction. Someone targets Clark's life (rather than Superman's) and circumstances require the Lane-Kents to fake their own deaths (or at least convince the criminal he succeeded). Tie that in with Lois either conceiving while under an assumed identity or actually giving birth to Jon while in hiding. Part of the main plot would be Clark trying to decide just how much of a secret identity he wants/needs since as Superman he is still considered alive and active. Lois coping with not being able to be a major reporter due to not wanting to attract attention. She might be able to do local low-key stuff but no national headlines. Clark on the other hand has to wonder if there really is a need for a private life (outside of a fake name as "Mister Lois"). And let the animated film do some time jumps so that it is clear this isn't just Superman and Lois taking a month or two living under the assumed identities.

I would love to see an animated Lois & Clark movie (or series of movies) that takes off right when it ended with as much of the original cast as possible.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

In the context of the movies, would this even be "canon" anymore? I know the one after this was Flashpoint and that's when they started doing the New 52 movies. I don't know if the DC animated movies have a continuity in the same sense as their shows do. The exceptions to this seem to be the stand alone stuff like DKR and Year One.
    Assassinate Putin!