The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Default If You Wrote Comics: The Flash

Hi everyone I'm here with yet another If You Wrote Comics thread and this time we are going to focus on the Flash. And as always just imagine if DC gave you full reign to do anything you want to the Scarlet Speedster, his rogues gallery, supporting cast, fix some problems that have yet to be dealt with, and maybe give a new direction for the Flash. As always let loose, live, and enjoy.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Wally would be the lead of solo. Barry would be retired, married with kids but with a legend suited to his name. He'd suit up in crisis events to show how serious the situation is. Jay is still active as the chairman of JSA.

Place would be Keystone. Wally would date Linda but no marriage or kids. Since Wally is of an average intelligence, he'd get in and out of some odd jobs or being a barista, working at a burger joint while trying to get a degree in Engineering.

He'd have Johns era cast; Morillo, Chyre, Pied Piper, Chunk & The McGees. I'm not sure about what to do with Hunter. I think having him juggle with his own redemption works but rather than Godspeed, maybe something more similar to Poison Ivy or Clayface? Ashley would be part of KCPD too.

Pied Piper would break up from Singh to move to Keystone. I'd give him a new love interest who wouldn't stop his potential there.

Rogues all stay as they are. First Trickster working as a P.I. and Evan McCulloch is one of his henchman. Lessen the focus on Speed Force and the enemies related to them.

I'd introduce Artemis Crock as a Black Cat type foil to create romantic tension as well. She'd be a lawyer out of her suit and help Wally in that regard as well.

The book would be more akin to Spider-Man books. More comedy and silly subplots with balanced drama. Nothing too depressing. Kind of like William Moesner-Loebs run with a better artist.

Brett Booth should be kept miles away from this book. An indie artist works maybe someone like Manapul or Minkyu Jung, I don't know.
    Last edited by Waterfall; 04-19-2018 at 01:44 AM.

Mighty Member

By this afternoon i expect most of the posts on here to either say Barry is dead, retired, powerless or paralyzed.......unfortunately.
    Last edited by Raijin; 04-19-2018 at 01:56 AM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    You might as well rename the thread. If You Wrote Comics: Wally West because that's all everyone will be focused on, unfortunately. By this afternoon i expect most of the posts on here to either say Barry is dead, retired, powerless or paralyzed.
    I didn't think of but if Barry can still be around regardless of whether being such a fan of him Geoff Johns brought him back from the dead then there should be some Barry Allan fans.

My title would be called Flash:Gold and it would be a modernization of Jay Garrick in his prime. There is so much to explore and work with, especially since his golden age adventures are hard to find. I would add a real rogues gallery (since his golden age adventures was mainly stopping crooks), explore his JSA roots and relationships, and the story would eventually end during Crisis on Infinite Earths from Jay’s perspective.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    My title would be called Flash:Gold and it would be a modernization of Jay Garrick in his prime. There is so much to explore and work with, especially since his golden age adventures are hard to find. I would add a real rogues gallery (since his golden age adventures was mainly stopping crooks), explore his JSA roots and relationships, and the story would eventually end during Crisis on Infinite Earths from Jay’s perspective.
    Jay Garrick is a welcome surprise. And who should challenge Jay anyway?

Barry would be the lead of the main Flash book. Iris, Kid Flash and the Elongated Man would be the supporting cast. The stories would be fun and inspired by the Silver Age. Barry’s job as a CSI would be important and it would be used to start storylines. Wally 1 would not be in the book.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Here's what I'd do with the Flash and it'll be ripped straight from the Young Justice set-up from day one the first Flash will be Jay Garrick he will be a charter member of the Justice Society and be a retired war veteran and close friend of Barry Allen. And as always Wally West I will be Kid Flash whereas his cousin will who will now be renamed Daniel West II after his father will not be Kid Flash he will have another identity not sure what it should be but I'll think of something at some point. As always Impulse will be Barry's grandson from the future and be Impulse.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Wally would be the lead of solo. Barry would be retired, married with kids but with a legend suited to his name. He'd suit up in crisis events to show how serious the situation is. Jay is still active as the chairman of JSA.

Place would be Keystone. Wally would date Linda but no marriage or kids. Since Wally is of an average intelligence, he'd get in and out of some odd jobs or being a barista, working at a burger joint while trying to get a degree in Engineering.

He'd have Johns era cast; Morillo, Chyre, Pied Piper, Chunk & The McGees. I'm not sure about what to do with Hunter. I think having him juggle with his own redemption works but rather than Godspeed, maybe something more similar to Poison Ivy or Clayface? Ashley would be part of KCPD too.

Pied Piper would break up from Singh to move to Keystone. I'd give him a new love interest who wouldn't stop his potential there.

Rogues all stay as they are. First Trickster working as a P.I. and Evan McCulloch is one of his henchman. Lessen the focus on Speed Force and the enemies related to them.

I'd introduce Artemis Crock as a Black Cat type foil to create romantic tension as well. She'd be a lawyer out of her suit and help Wally in that regard as well.

The book would be more akin to Spider-Man books. More comedy and silly subplots with balanced drama. Nothing too depressing. Kind of like William Moesner-Loebs run with a better artist.

Brett Booth should be kept miles away from this book. An indie artist works maybe someone like Manapul or Minkyu Jung, I don't know.
    I pretty much would do most of what you said in here. So seconded.

I would have both of Barry’s parents be alive. Barry would marry Iris. Wally would be Kid Flash, but be older and do stuff on his own after filling in for Barry after he got trapped in the speed force. There would be no Daniel West Reverse Flash. Charlotte West would be the third child instead and she’s married with kids. Just Eobard. Bart would be Impulse, but not from that far in the future as I wouldn’t have Iris be from the future or send Dawn and Don there. Reintroduce Artemis Crock as a love interest for Wally. Max Mercury would be Bart’s surrogate father. Jay is old, but still superheroing with the JSA. There would also be a younger Jay in Earth-2, but not modernized. Kind of like what Morrison did. A place similar to the old DCU, but with Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman on the JSA. Where Power Girl came from. Have Jessie Quick be married to modern Hourman. Eobard would be Barry’s biggest enemy and Hunter would be Barry’s. Mirror Master is Sam Scudder and not a meta. Long hair for Iris. Iris and Rudy’s father is Ira West.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 04-19-2018 at 06:26 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Jay is retired and living his life with Joan happily, outside of when the JSA need him

Barry Allen has become a Part-Time Hero to focus on a career at CCPD, maybe even moving uk the ranks there, He’s Married to Iris, Both his Parents are alive and well, He’s Happy to be alive and care free, and sticking to being old fashioned with the Crew Cut and Bowtie. He has a mix of his Original and TV supporting cast, including classic characters like Ralph and Sue Dibny etc and from the show, characters like Captain Singh, Detective Joe West, DA Cecille Horton, Harry Wells (Head of STAR Labs), Vibe and Killer Frost.

Wally West is full time Flash, married to Linda, has the Johns Era Cast working in Keystone, with Max and Bart appearing Frequently.

Wally 2 is still Kid Flash but son of Detective Joe West (I love him on the TV show)

Bart is Impulse and a Teen Titan

Barry and Wally’s Casts and Rogues frequently crossover and interact with each other
    Last edited by Denirac; 04-19-2018 at 09:29 AM.