Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Default Jumanji has surpassed every superhero movie in 2017 at BO

No one saw this coming.

Ultimate Member

Guess that happens when there's no other decent movies out the entire month, lol.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Guess that happens when there's no other decent movies out the entire month, lol.
    I doubt this is true . There have been movies. They just haven't been able to stop this film. Also this past weekend saw Peter Rabbit and 50 Shades #3 arrive to finally send the film down after weeks at #1. Before this the 3rd sequel to Maze Runner , The Shape of Water and The Post arrived. Its just none of them could dethrone the Rock.

Also here is an interesting thing , Jumanji in a few days will become Sony's #2 all-time domestic earning film. Its only $8 million from passing Spider-Man 2 for that. (Its doubtful it gets #1 ...it would ne 40+ million domestically to do that).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It outperformed all of them! Great. It was totally unexpected. Sony would be foolish to not greenlit a sequel.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    It outperformed all of them! Great. It was totally unexpected. Sony would be foolish to not greenlit a sequel.
    Ironically, the sequel might not do as well because now, there will be high expectations.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Ironically, the sequel might not do as well because now, there will be high expectations.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

As brought up in a thread , this was a film Sony really didn't have huge hopes for lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Could be a combination of timing (Christmas holidays so a natural place for family films), nostalgia for the original film and a other family films not being as appealing for families.

BANNED

congrats to the movie, a proven fine combat against the comic book fatigue.

It's a Rock solid movie.

(sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    That doesn't exist.

Astonishing Member

*blink* Huh. I'm getting curious now about all this success.

Is it really worth watching?

It doesn't sound all that much like the previous Jumanji film at all (which is perhaps to its advantage).

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

It doesn't sound all that much like the previous Jumanji film at all (which is perhaps to its advantage).
    It was fun. Not an Oscar candidate or anything, just dumb fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    That's kind of a disservice to Jumanji. Fighting a non-existent opponent is kind of a troubling thought, generally.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I doubt this is true . There have been movies. They just haven't been able to stop this film. Also this past weekend saw Peter Rabbit and 50 Shades #3 arrive to finally send the film down after weeks at #1. Before this the 3rd sequel to Maze Runner , The Shape of Water and The Post arrived. Its just none of them could dethrone the Rock.

Also here is an interesting thing , Jumanji in a few days will become Sony's #2 all-time domestic earning film. Its only $8 million from passing Spider-Man 2 for that. (Its doubtful it gets #1 ...it would ne 40+ million domestically to do that).
    While up for Oscar nominations, they are very niche movies that barely anyone would watch. The Shape of Water was dope as fuck though!
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

It's more like a video game movie but it's rules aren't fixed so a lot of bullshit can happen. It does have interesting display of certain game mechanics though. If you like slapstick, this can be enjoyed. I thought Jack Black was the best outta everyone.
    Superhero shows are trash