View Poll Results: Could Rogue Have Made A Better Captain Marvel Than Carol Danvers?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Rogue already had the support she just needed the Marvel push!!

51 48.57%
  • No! Carol Danvers is still the better choice!

54 51.43%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Honestly, since Marvel loves killing off and replacing heroes so much (Spidey, Doc Strange, Cap etc.) Why not kill off Carol for a year or two and let Rogue take over the mantle for a bit? Could be fun with the right creative team.
    Are you kidding? no way they will kill of Carol. they need her as their wonder woman in film media. at this point, I am even scared they will shove Rogue in the second movie just to boost more interest, they don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Are you kidding? no way they will kill of Carol. they need her as their wonder woman in film media. at this point, I am even scared they will shove Rogue in the second movie just to boost more interest, they don't need.

Many people hate Carol enough to consider killing her. I would not rule out that possibility.

I wish Carol was still Ms. Marvel. I can't stand her as CM in that awful maskless uniform.

Rogue looked really cool when she wore Carol's Cockrum costume but she has no business being a CM. Perhaps Ultra-Woman or something.

rogue-bigcostume6.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 09-02-2021 at 05:25 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I would have |LOVED for Rogue to get the same amount of attention as Carol did.

I actually think if they would hve brought her more the front in the X-Men movies and more like the tough chick she is in the books, that Rogue might have become more popular than Carol.

But they decided otherwise.

If I was Marvel, I would give Rogue a leaders role in a core book and make her a more prominent in other books (as it is always Wolverine, Storm Jean and Cyclops) when dealing with mutants.

On the movie part, hmmm, I dunno if playing seconds in a Cap Marvel movie would be an approach I appreciate. I rather have her in a MCU movie where she and Gambit lead the next generation of X-Men.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

For the movies it's definitely a nice Get out of jail free for a onetime recast in a lot of ways and a lot of built in drama and story to come with it. Too bad Rogue wasn't around to absorb tony stark before he died in the MCU, now that would have been a shocking "recast" of ironman.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I wish Carol was still Ms. Marvel. I can't stand her as CM in that awful maskless uniform.

Rogue looked really cool when she wore Carol's Cockrum costume but she has no business being a CM. Perhaps Ultra-Woman or something.

rogue-bigcostume6.jpg
    Why does CM need a mask? She'd not hiding her ID anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I would have |LOVED for Rogue to get the same amount of attention as Carol did.

I actually think if they would hve brought her more the front in the X-Men movies and more like the tough chick she is in the books, that Rogue might have become more popular than Carol.

But they decided otherwise.

If I was Marvel, I would give Rogue a leaders role in a core book and make her a more prominent in other books (as it is always Wolverine, Storm Jean and Cyclops) when dealing with mutants.

On the movie part, hmmm, I dunno if playing seconds in a Cap Marvel movie would be an approach I appreciate. I rather have her in a MCU movie where she and Gambit lead the next generation of X-Men.
    Is it fair to say Rogue's popularity declined, or just never achieved higher levels outside of the comics?

Also, do she and Gambit count as the next generation?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    For the movies it's definitely a nice Get out of jail free for a onetime recast in a lot of ways and a lot of built in drama and story to come with it. Too bad Rogue wasn't around to absorb tony stark before he died in the MCU, now that would have been a shocking "recast" of ironman.
    That's the craziest What If I've ever heard

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, I think a lot of racist beliefs are founded on stereotypes, and vice versa
    Sure I suppose. But I think people confuse people believing stereotypes as racism. They aren’t the same. Best example I can think to explain is stereotypes are dough and racism is like pizza. Dough can be used to make pizza but dough itself is not pizza. Dough can be used to make pie or noodles or even sandwiches. Some dough becomes pizza. Not all dough is pizza but all pizza is dough. Does that make sense?

It's more that there aren't nearly as many non-White superheroes. It's not dismissing them so much as confronting the default assumption superheroes must be White.
    Well elevation of a race should not coincide with a diminishment of another. Empowerment is about more than ratios. Unfortunately so many people view race on percentages and numbers and don’t understand the depth of racism or anything like that. It’s just the statistical way people approach these subjects that I find to be dehumanizing. Every popular character is someone that someone has loved for more than their skin color. And to casually not think about that human side of fans and characters is something I prefer people didn’t do.

China is strict but Disney could've said no to them.

I've heard the reasons China and some Chinese people have problems with Shang-Chi. I understand some of them, but not all. I don't agree with calling the actor unattractive, for instance. However, Idk if China is never allowing this movie or just delaying it.
    China as it stands is the second biggest movie market outside of the United States, while I agree I don’t think you need China to be a successful movie, that is still a lot of potential revenue you are throwing away. I think Shang Chi might have a chance to get released. I feel Eternals has no chance. With the way China feels about the director who has said some bad things about China. Plus I think the movie is featuring the first gay kiss in the MCU and China doesn’t allow that either. I did read that China has banned lgbtq and feminist groups online, they are erasing their celebrities from the internet (I’m still not sure I understand this at all) and I think I read something like yesterday about banning feminine men because it will make China less able to fight or something.

Idk my point is China is strict and Disney has to be very careful if they want to keep that 2nd biggest market around
    Last edited by Gripstir; 09-02-2021 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why does CM need a mask? She'd not hiding her ID anymore.
    Super Heroes look cooler masked. She wasn't hiding her identity for a long time.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Rogue looked really cool when she wore Carol's Cockrum costume
    but she has no business being a CM. Perhaps Ultra-Woman or something.

rogue-bigcostume6.jpg
    Baloney! Read UXM# 246 & 247. Rogue thought Carol's costume was "a rag", that "woman had no taste at all" and "It's not mine, it's not my style. NEXT TRASHCAN I FIND, IT'S GONE!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Baloney! Read UXM# 246 & 247. Rogue thought Carol's costume was "a rag", that "woman had no taste at all" and "It's not mine, it's not my style. NEXT TRASHCAN I FIND, IT'S GONE!"
    Makes sense since Rogue is a tomboy

Super Heroes look cooler masked. She wasn't hiding her identity for a long time.
    Subjective.

Head condoms are a no for me, but there are some cool masks.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Sure I suppose. But I think people confuse people believing stereotypes as racism. They aren’t the same. Best example I can think to explain is stereotypes are dough and racism is like pizza. Dough can be used to make pizza but dough itself is not pizza. Dough can be used to make pie or noodles or even sandwiches. Some dough becomes pizza. Not all dough is pizza but all pizza is dough. Does that make sense?
    I see what you mean but the two are fairly intertwined.

Well elevation of a race should not coincide with a diminishment of another. Empowerment is about more than ratios. Unfortunately so many people view race on percentages and numbers and don’t understand the depth of racism or anything like that. It’s just the statistical way people approach these subjects that I find to be dehumanizing. Every popular character is someone that someone has loved for more than their skin color. And to casually not think about that human side of fans and characters is something I prefer people didn’t do.
    No one's diminishing White heroes. But when you have a bunch of White ones and few from other racial backgrounds at once, it's fair to ask why that is.

China as it stands is the second biggest movie market outside of the United States, while I agree I don’t think you need China to be a successful movie, that is still a lot of potential revenue you are throwing away. I think Shang Chi might have a chance to get released. I feel Eternals has no chance. With the way China feels about the director who has said some bad things about China. Plus I think the movie is featuring the first gay kiss in the MCU and China doesn’t allow that either. I did read that China has banned lgbtq and feminist groups online, they are erasing their celebrities from the internet (I’m still not sure I understand this at all) and I think I read something like yesterday about banning feminine men because it will make China less able to fight or something.

Idk my point is China is strict and Disney has to be very careful if they want to keep that 2nd biggest market around
    I see that. I just think Marvel & Disney need to not bow down so much to the Chinese government's demands. If the CCP is going to restrict or ban these movies anyway, then Disney should ignore the CCP.

I don't quite agree. She looks fine without it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Many people hate Carol enough to consider killing her. I would not rule out that possibility.
    The movies now map out many of the comic arcs. Carol is not really a beloved character, for some reason she is just not clicking with people, despite marvel shoving her down out throats, however the MCU machine is big, big enough to protect her movie from bombing and for that reason. Carol will never be killed in the comics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    The movies now map out many of the comic arcs. Carol is not really a beloved character, for some reason she is just not clicking with people, despite marvel shoving her down out throats, however the MCU machine is big, big enough to protect her movie from bombing and for that reason. Carol will never be killed in the comics.
    How is she being shoved down anyone's throats? And how the did MCU protect her from bombing?

BANNED

rogue-bigcostume6.jpg
    Nah with the costume. Rogue only looks good when it is green related. Now I see this drawing. I am going from No to heck no with Rogue been the new Captain Marvel.