Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Avengers #680 SPOILERS

Here is the summary of the issue:

- Rogue doesn't take Johnny's "death" well. It motivates her to take serious action. She orders Voyager to teleport them to the Antartic for the beacon there.

- Toni figures out that the other beacon is at Los Amalos.

- With Red Hulk out of action, Falcon's team is down to 3 active members and they need backup. Voyager doesn't have enough strength left in her to teleport Falcon's team back to the base.

- Sunspot, Scarlet Witch and Brother Voodoo join with Falcon's team and teleport Red Hulk back to the base.

- Janet is with them. She is out of the stasis. They assume it's because Johnny is out of the game. They are ready to go to Los Amalos but Wonder Man says he needs to check in on someone first.

- Back in Manhattan, Jarvis is stable but Nadia is worried. Wonder Man visits them and Beast hugs him. He fills them in on the situation and Beast wants to join the fight. Simon quotes Rose Tico from the Last Jedi.

- Nadia and Beast think that with Wonder Man's powers, he might be able to pull the radiation out of Jarvis's system. But he can't because that's not his problem. They don't know what's wrong with Jarvis.

- Rogue's team arrives at the Antartic and the Black Order (minus Black Dwarf of course) are there.

- Rogue is mad, she takes on Corvus Glaive. Lightning takes on Proxima Midnight. Hercules attacks Black Swan. Voyager is facing Ebony Maw and Jane is battling Supergiant.

- Rogue touches Corvus and starts absorbing him. She thinks if Johnny saw her like this, he wouldn't like it. Rogue kills Corvus? I'm not sure he might just be knocked out but it looks like he is dead. We are victorious.

- Supergiant is suddenly attacked by Felene the Other from Lethal Legion. And now the beacon could possibly fall into the hands of the Lethal Legion.

- In Nevada, we get another Hulk tease.

Fantastic issue. Great job to everyone involved, I'm enjoying this a lot. It's pretty much what I wanted.

Some questions though. What happened to Vision? I thought he was getting out of stasis?
    Did Felene take the beacon or is she about to fight with Rogue's team to get it?

I'm late! ;_; (mods pls delete my thread)

Anyway nice fight, highlight issue for me but I agree with others that the plot is moving pretty slow.

Spectacular Member

Why Ferene is able to knock Supergiant out?Supergiant is pure psychic energy and in her astral form so she out to be immune to physical attack。。It makes sense that thor‘s lightning can hurt her cause lightning is a magical energy in marvel universe and it can effect psychic energy electromagnetically in deed。
    Besides,did supergiant die?

May I inquire a few specifics that may be entirely inconsequential to the story?

Was Sunspot powered up? I'm guessing not since it sounds like this was exclusively a retrieval?

What is the Rose Tico quote? I'm one of the few, the shamed, the not-seen-the-Last-Jedi-folk.

Rogue showing any negative signs from dominating/siphoning Corvus?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    May I inquire a few specifics that may be entirely inconsequential to the story?

Was Sunspot powered up? I'm guessing not since it sounds like this was exclusively a retrieval?

What is the Rose Tico quote? I'm one of the few, the shamed, the not-seen-the-Last-Jedi-folk.

Rogue showing any negative signs from dominating/siphoning Corvus?

Of course.

1) Yes there is a panel of him, Wanda and Jericho teleporting to the scene with Wasp and he is powered up in that panel. It's funny because he'd just got out of the bath 2 pages earlier and didn't even have the time to button his shirt.

2) It's not an exact quote and it's possibly just a coincidence but Simon says "This isn't just about saving the world. It's about saving the people we love." which is a line that Rose has in Last Jedi.

3) Well the issue ends only a couple pages after she does that to him. So for now no, but next issue she might.

Extraordinary Member

Corvus surely isn't dead, he got burnt to ashes by Hyperion and came back to life later in Secret War prelude, he can't be killed as long as his weapon is intact.
    And I guess they will grab Corvus's weapon and later squeeze some information from him? I mean, his powers should be recorded right?(I forget if any Avengers witnessed Corvus's regeneration.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 02-14-2018 at 08:27 AM.

I really enjoyed Rogue getting all Rogue on Corvus. Really liked her inner monologue. Will be interesting to see how it plays out next week.

Nice to have Jan back.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I really enjoyed Rogue getting all Rogue on Corvus. Really liked her inner monologue. Will be interesting to see how it plays out next week.

Nice to have Jan back.
    Rogue was the star of this issue, no doubt

So this issue all but confirms that the rules of the game is what causes frozen avengers to be traded out, rather than Wanda's hex powers.

Kind of a filler issue, second issue in a row they tease Banner's return

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Rogue was the star of this issue, no doubt
    I am very interested how this plays out. Rogue absorbs memories as well. Having absorbed a player who knows the rules of the game, Rogue should have useful intel. Of course she has a dark psyche to deal with as well.

Also, the very last page is Wolverine in Peru, right?
    Last edited by jen; 02-14-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Quick question, is Rogue's siphoning powers more or less still the same from the 80s/90s? She gets memories, mannerism, + powers?

Because power-wise, it prolly means she will get Corvus' memories etc. Also his hyper-regeneration possibly, if his glaive remains intact?

I gotta ask, exactly what parts of the psyche gets copied over? Like would I dunno, lingering affection for Corvus' wife Proxima actually come into play if Rogue still has his psyche?

Good issue mostly for Rogue fans she pretty much swept the floor with Corvus . Since the battle with the RS do not see her like that.

Wasp (the original) took Pietro's place. The situation with Jarvis has not improved but seems to have something more than we imagine maybe involving Voyager.

pretty cool chapter.

Rogue was a badass, punching a hole through Corvus but I doubt he is dead.

Hulk is returning at last.
    Last edited by GodThor; 02-14-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This was a real action packed issue with a few twists. Janet being one of the founding members being the first to get out of stasis may not be a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Quick question, is Rogue's siphoning powers more or less still the same from the 80s/90s? She gets memories, mannerism, + powers?

Because power-wise, it prolly means she will get Corvus' memories etc. Also his hyper-regeneration possibly, if his glaive remains intact?

I gotta ask, exactly what parts of the psyche gets copied over? Like would I dunno, lingering affection for Corvus' wife Proxima actually come into play if Rogue still has his psyche?
    Yes. 9 years ago, Rogue finally gained control over her powers. In 2014, to save the world, Rogue absorbed all the heroes on Earth, starting with Wonderman. Something went wrong when Rogue tried to return the power and Wanda had to whammy up to force the return. For some reason, Rogue's mutant power reverted back to it's pre-control state and was stuck with Simon inside her. 2 and a half years later, Rogue kissed Deadpool, releasing Simon and yet keeping his Ionic enhancement. Rogue still hasn't regained back control of her power.