Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Question about "Mayor Fisk"

So since Fisk became mayor of New York and is hunting down other heroes, are there any comics that are/will be affected by it besides Daredevil? Sounds like something that could have at least one tie in with the heroes who live in New York, but I'm only aware of Old Logan getting a tie in from that, again, is there anyone else?

Honestly, it should directly affect like half the Marvel universe. But how Marvel continuity has been as of late, I don't think it will have any effect on other titles.

Seriously, Jean Grey has returned and absolutely no X-Men title has acknowledged that as of yet, and won't for a while.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Fisk doesn't have the resources to truly go after heroes like Thor and Iron Man, so he may simply be going after those he has more of a chance of taking down.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Niffleheim

Yes It should affect other heroes but it should be dealt in the Daredevil book only. If Soule wants to expand on that thread then it's on him and i feel like he has with those murals of street-level heroes all over New York city anything more would just be unfair to other writers. There is no need to turn this into an event --- the story itself hasn't been that compelling even though the idea of Fisk as a Mayor still is.

I certainly hope it touches on Spider-Man.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's mildly affected Defenders, although that's ending.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Honestly, it should directly affect like half the Marvel universe. But how Marvel continuity has been as of late, I don't think it will have any effect on other titles.

Seriously, Jean Grey has returned and absolutely no X-Men title has acknowledged that as of yet, and won't for a while.
    Agreed. It should definitely affect the NY based heroes but it hasn't... And that drives me nuts about Jean Grey. Her return hasn't been acknowledged outside of X-Men Red. Plus, young Jean Grey has known for months that Wolverine is alive and still hasn't told anyone.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

If there's a street level hero in New York.. they should be involved in this somehow. And it appears we'll see them all in Daredevil #600. But it should go further than that. This should be recognized as a fairly significant, line-wide development.

It's affected Defenders, Venom and soon Old Man Logan.

Yeah, I think they should actualy do it like Inferno had done it, show that Mayor Fisk is happening in other comics, just not make it a priority for them for whatever reason.

I hear that Xavier kinda returned as well, but I don't really read X-Men's comics so I dunno where that even happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I certainly hope it touches on Spider-Man.
    Yeah, really shocking it hasn't, pretty sure it was said that he'd be one of the heroes to be hunted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's mildly affected Defenders, although that's ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    It's affected Defenders, Venom and soon Old Man Logan.
    Thanks.

why is Fisk mayor? *looks at Netflix Daredevil photos* ohh, nevermind...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    why is Fisk mayor? *looks at Netflix Daredevil photos* ohh, nevermind...
    That was three years ago.

That was three years ago.
    huh? I'm talking about the upcoming season (post prison).

It was a natural build off of what happened in Secret Empire. I really doubt Soule cares about what the show is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It was a natural build off of what happened in Secret Empire. I really doubt Soule cares about what the show is doing.
    I'd like to think that. but past history makes me think otherwise. in one of those creative meanings they probably told everyone that Kingpin was going to be mayor and asked who wanted to write it.