Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I found funny that people call Cyclops a douchebag for sleeping around in a world were wolverine, Iron man and she hulk exist ¬¬
    The difference is Scott tends to try to take a moral stand and i say this as a scott fan. the others don't. My question is why are Scott fans okay with Maddie taking ALL the blame on the page when he was the one who left his wife and broke his promise? where is the outrage for how she was treated? For how his son was treated. Would it be better if Scott was written as a man who just didn't know what to do and Maddie was still around telling anyone and everyone what he did to her, if she got on TV after one of his speeches and said "don't listen to a man who abandoned his human wife that accepted his mutant lifestyle and then had a mutant baby he abandoned for his ex.

It sounds like some wanted it white-washed all around and that would have been horrible in my opinion. I don't get why Claremont should need to clean up editorial or see Scott as anything other than what he was at the time. A man who abandoned his wife and child. Look a likes don't matter, nothing else does. He was a dead beat. It's a fact.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    I'm sort of 2 minds here. the guy wrote some of my favorite Cyclops stories ever. It's not like Morrison where I don't have that good to offset the bad. Not that I felt anything Claremont did was as damaging. That said, Scott shouldn't marry anyone 6 or 7 issues after he met them, and certainly not someone who looked just like Jean.

I'm not sure Claremont ever loved him. He essentially wrote him out of the book. He claims it was time for Scott to get on to the next phase in his life. Funny it was never that time for Wolverine or Storm because, frankly, I think he liked their characters more. Doesn't mean he disliked Scott. I just didn't feel necessarily among his favorites.

Again, this guy wrote some of the best Cyclops stories ever. Even now, I can't forget that. Just like he apparently can't get past what happened in X FACTOR 30 years ago. I can empathize, though, because I can't get past what happened after SCott came back in 2001.
    The thing is all the original X-Men moved on except Scott. Warren, Bobby, Hank, Lornna, and Alex had all moved on. Cyclops had not. I know why they kept him and Jean around at the beginning of the all new X-Men era because they didn't want to just fill the book with all new characters, but after Jean died it was time for Cyclops to move on like everyone else and try to have a life outside of being an X-Men.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Cyclops has always been a douchebag. It’s only his most ardent followers who never realized this. He jumps from bed to bed. He did this with Colleen Wing, when he thought Jean died. Then the same with Lee Forrester, to Maddy, to Jean, to Emma.
    Scott's unhealthy tendency to seek human connection and sense of self-worth by offering sexual favours is well recognized by his fans. As are many of his other flaws and psychological problems.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

She-Hulk wasn’t in a relationship with other people when she slept around. Also, the whataboutism regarding Tony and Wolverine are irrelevent, because they’re also douchebags.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 02-13-2018 at 12:49 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The difference is Scott tends to try to take a moral stand and i say this as a scott fan. the others don't. My question is why are Scott fans okay with Maddie taking ALL the blame on the page when he was the one who left his wife and broke his promise? where is the outrage for how she was treated? For how his son was treated. Would it be better if Scott was written as a man who just didn't know what to do and Maddie was still around telling anyone and everyone what he did to her, if she got on TV after one of his speeches and said "don't listen to a man who abandoned his human wife that accepted his mutant lifestyle and then had a mutant baby he abandoned for his ex.

It sounds like some wanted it white-washed all around and that would have been horrible in my opinion. I don't get why Claremont should need to clean up editorial or see Scott as anything other than what he was at the time. A man who abandoned his wife and child. Look a likes don't matter, nothing else does. He was a dead beat. It's a fact.
    Oh I'm not saying that Cyclops is a bastion of morality or a good guy. You aren't a Scott fan either, Cyclops fans see leaving maddie as a mistake made by him despite being enforced by editorial and retconned away by them too, and accept Cyclops as such despite his flaws and what he did to Maddie, because despite being a dead beat dad around that time he did everything in his power to find his son, wife and give them a good life while he could. Cyclops knows he made a mistake and he never hides it, blames it on someone else or says its a exact copy of himself proyected by the Phoenix. Cyclops is flawed, that's it, to outsiders he's someone that acts like a bastion of morality but that's bullshit, he's just a man trying to be the best versions of himself everyday, and sometimes failing

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    Scott's unhealthy tendency to seek human connection and sense of self-worth by offering sexual favours is well recognized by his fans. As are many of his other flaws and psychological problems.
    Gigolo cyclops, that's a new one ¬¬

She-Hulk wasn’t in a relationship with other people when she slept around. Also, the whataboutism regarding Tony and Wolverine are irrelevent, because they’re also douchebags.
    Cyclops is literally Hitler, I think he doesn't give two damms about being called a douchebag because from Hitler it can't get any worse
    Last edited by wano; 02-13-2018 at 12:59 PM.

BANNED

Claremont didn’t hate Cyclops, he hated losing him and that other editors/writers ruined him to do X-Factor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Claremont didn’t hate Cyclops, he hated losing him and that other editors/writers ruined him to do X-Factor.
    Well his idea of Cyclops was retiring him and relegating him to cameos for holidays... So I'm glad editorial intervened, and if he's truly ruined forever he wouldn't have remained in publication for that long

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hadnt commented on Lilandra
    I know
    I was referring to the comic pictures that were posted
    In the posted comic pictures, Lilandra's talks about being ashamed of her reaction when she observes Scott and Maddie as a couple
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I know
    I was referring to the comic pictures that were posted
    In the posted comic pictures, Lilandra's talks about being ashamed of her reaction when she observes Scott and Maddie as a couple
    I confused as to why you quoted me then

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I confused as to why you quoted me then
    It was meant as an additional reply
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Cyclops has always been a douchebag. It’s only his most ardent followers who never realized this. He jumps from bed to bed. He did this with Colleen Wing, when he thought Jean died. Then the same with Lee Forrester, to Maddy, to Jean, to Emma.
    Scott never slept with Colleen Wing.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

The moment she turned out to be a trap designed to steal his seed baited with the face of the love of his life is when I stopped caring about her side of the story. Especially after she immediately targeted his brother as her next victim. Why have her hook up with Havok of all people? She was a trap people get over it.

Funny how Claremont made it Impossible for Scott to go back to Madelyn while also making her turn the X-Men against X-Factor by censoring news reports and such. You can't bitch about the quality of the drinking water when you keep pissing in the well.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Actually I don't recall clear evidence he slept with Lee either. It was somewhat implied but if I recall correctly Scott was without his visor. That's not exactly an aphrodisiac for him.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Yes, he did. It was heavily implied they slept together on the plane after fighting Moses Magnum in Japan, before they were accosted by Alpha Flight.