Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Funny how Claremont made it Impossible for Scott to go back to Madelyn while also making her turn the X-Men against X-Factor by censoring news reports and such. You can't bitch about the quality of the drinking water when you keep pissing in the well.
    Editorially mandated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Editorially mandated.
    That's the real answer to all of this isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Oh I'm not saying that Cyclops is a bastion of morality or a good guy. You aren't a Scott fan either, Cyclops fans see leaving maddie as a mistake made by him despite being enforced by editorial and retconned away by them too, and accept Cyclops as such despite his flaws and what he did to Maddie, because despite being a dead beat dad around that time he did everything in his power to find his son, wife and give them a good life while he could. Cyclops knows he made a mistake and he never hides it, blames it on someone else or says its a exact copy of himself proyected by the Phoenix. Cyclops is flawed, that's it, to outsiders he's someone that acts like a bastion of morality but that's bullshit, he's just a man trying to be the best versions of himself everyday, and sometimes failing

Gigolo cyclops, that's a new one ¬¬

Cyclops is literally Hitler, I think he doesn't give two damms about being called a douchebag because from Hitler it can't get any worse
    Who knew you were the official marvel gatekeeper of fan cards. Nice to know. Sarcasm aside im missing the part of my post that holds the fact that he left two wives without speaking to them or asking for counseling or a divorce instead against him. I simply said as a story teller it wasnt claremont's job to clean it up. The people who wanted it to happen should have cleaned it up and in a way claremont did. Though it changed his personal view of scott and as a writer thats his right to explore, maddie was made the scape goat. That is a fact. Just read the post saying how people stopped caring about maddie when she was found to be a sperm harvesting clone which was against claremont's original intent so in a lot of ways his creation took the bullet for editorials goal. Has nothing to do with being a fan or not being one unless your looking for fanboy wanking.
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-13-2018 at 04:13 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Funny how Claremont made it Impossible for Scott to go back to Madelyn while also making her turn the X-Men against X-Factor by censoring news reports and such. You can't bitch about the quality of the drinking water when you keep pissing in the well.
    So you woukd take back your wife if she left you and your child together for her ex with no note, no talk, no i need to try this, nothing. Scott closed that door himself by the action not by what maddie turned into. The rest is just a justification. What cyclops did was very human and i think for most thats the problem. Heck people still be going in on bill clinton and he living his life with his wife who forgave him.
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-13-2018 at 04:19 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    That's the real answer to all of this isn't it?
    That’s inadmissible for Scott’s defense, it seems.

She-Hulk wasn’t in a relationship with other people when she slept around. Also, the whataboutism regarding Tony and Wolverine are irrelevent, because they’re also douchebags.
    Ouch
    Jennifer also lost the love of her life, that is tragic.

Scott lost the love of his life twice and just moved on twice...yep

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    Scott's unhealthy tendency to seek human connection and sense of self-worth by offering sexual favours is well recognized by his fans. As are many of his other flaws and psychological problems.
    I don't think the character confronted himself or other characters confronted him over it.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-13-2018 at 04:45 PM.

The X-Men are really just stuck in a circle of tragedy...
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Cyclops has always been a douchebag. It’s only his most ardent followers who never realized this. He jumps from bed to bed. He did this with Colleen Wing, when he thought Jean died. Then the same with Lee Forrester, to Maddy, to Jean, to Emma.
    Nobody is a douchebag because sleep around. Now someone is a douchebag because switch girlfriends like clothes, like what Cyclops did many times

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Nobody is a douchebag because sleep around. Now someone is a douchebag because switch girlfriends like clothes, like what Cyclops did many times
    Yes he dated three girls in the span of about a year in Marvel time. In the last 10 years he's dated two woman. What a gigolo! Makes me wonder how often you change your clothes...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Scott never slept with Colleen Wing.
    Slept with her? Hell, did he kiss her? Did he almost kiss her? She was interested in him from the first moment she met him. It's in her thought balloons. I was asking this question 15 or 20 years ago. What did he do?

They were so tight that when she slipped him her apartment key, it had her address attached to it. That's how much of a couple they were. Scott had never been to her apartment, Yet, since I was on the net, this was listed as some sort of romance.

I'm not disputing that there may have been plans to go there at some point as the story was evolving. At one point, it looked like something might be brewing with Cable and Storm. That is not enough to call something a romance. It has to come to fruition first.

There was not even a closure scene with Colleen. THere didn't need to be because nothing ever happened. I think SCott's Colleen is a friend, nothing more, nothing less was borne out in the actual comics.

See, i can defend Cyclops. I did it a ton of times over the years But not over the affair with Emma. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Yes he dated three girls in the span of about a year in Marvel time. In the last 10 years he's dated two woman. What a gigolo! Makes me wonder how often you change your clothes...
    at least 3 times a day. The analogy wasn't much about frequency, more like how easy he do it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    at least 3 times a day. The analogy wasn't much about frequency, more like how easy he do it
    That's his superpower, deal with it

Honest question here: favoritism must play a major role in deciding when editorial mandate is a justifiable excuse for the questionable actions of certain characters, right? Early when I joined I was highly critical of Scarlet Witch (I can’t say what thread exactly) but I was only focused on the damage she had done to the X-books and not with the damage that had been done to her or her fans. I’m sure Scott, Wanda, Tony, etc. aren’t the only characters to get hate, not by a long shot, but isn’t it funny when you think about it? Scott’s sins are relatable - so he’s the worst? I’m not saying anyone here thinks that, but how can the banality of Scott’s wrongs be in the same arena as Wanda’s or Tony’s multiversal genocide? I’m not bringing them up to excuse Scott’s behavior, it was still wrong. Do others really think that we Scott fans are happy that he has the stigma of how he treated Maddie or Jean hanging over him to this day? Or that we think he was right to treat them that way?

As far as Claremont goes, do we know what he was told to do in order to get Scott and Jean back together? Was he told to do it however he saw fit or was he given very strict guidelines? It seems that he’s provided information that is seemingly contradictory to what he himself wrote in the books.

BANNED

I think people that do that never liked cyclops in first place and are looking for excuses to hate him, that simple. Claremont included, he doesn't like character being written in the way he doesn't want it, and cyclops is the living example of character development that grew beyond what Claremont or anyone would've believed, that's why he and other lovers of static characters hate him the most

Cyclops fans sure do complain a lot....