Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Default Fargo TV Series on FX

I'm really happy with this series so far. The casting is phenomenal and Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thornton's performances have been pretty brilliant.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Undead; 05-01-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

How does this link to the movie or is it just set in the same area, with the same tone? Also how involved are the Coen brothers? Anyway, I hear good things and will check this out sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    How does this link to the movie or is it just set in the same area, with the same tone? Also how involved are the Coen brothers? Anyway, I hear good things and will check this out sometime.
    There is a chance the show has a connection possibly showing up next week from what I've read.

But other than that it is mainly the same tone and area.

I am loving the show as well. I really like Molly and Colin Hanks character. But I loved Mob City as well.

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I am loving the show as well. I really like Molly and Colin Hanks character.
    Same here. I really enjoyed watching their first interaction. And Malvo, well he's one sick little puppy.

On a related note I recently got the remastered blu ray of Fargo. Holy shit it was awesome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    From what I've read and seen about it, it takes place in the same universe as the Fargo movie, so it will have the same or similar tone. I don't remember hearing how involved the Coen brothers are in this, but the cast is definitely a really good one for a television series. Another thing they said about it is that it's been treated like a long movie instead of just a television series with continued or possibly continued seasons.

So, from everything I've read and seen, the cast is great and this looks like it could be really interesting and a top notch television series.

Edit: I haven't started watching the series yet, but I'm looking forward to it when I get the time.
    Last edited by Lightsabretooth; 05-01-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Just finished the second episode.

I really like this show. I was worried it would be a rehash of the film, but it's much more of a TWIN PEAKS joint.

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

From what I've seen, it's a proper recreation of Fargo without being a total rehash - same general feel of the characters, same strange Coen-ish drawn-out feel (I don't know how to put it into words, it's like a slow, but enjoyable crawl). I expected nothing less of the Coen Brothers.

How did Lester hurt his hand again? I forgot.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    How did Lester hurt his hand again? I forgot.
    He caught one the shotgun's pellets when Malvo blasted the cop away and now he seems to have an infection going on.

Great episode this week. So does anyone remember that suitcase full money that was left on the side of the road in the movie?
    Last edited by Oskar Von Strange; 05-08-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar Von Strange View Post
    He caught one the shotgun's pellets when Malvo blasted the cop away and now he seems to have an infection going on.
    Thanks they actually show just that at the beginning of this week's episode. I thought the bit where he goes to buy socks and comes back with the shotgun was pretty funny.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Undead; 05-13-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Lorne Malvo is diabolical in "Buridan's Ass". Great episode.

Finally Key & Peele show up!

Allison Tolman, Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman all deserve Emmys for their performance this season.

Really happy to see Molly promoted to police chief and also glad to see her get the evidence she needed to finally arrest Lester.

Kind of disapointed that both Key & Peele had to die but other than comic relief and a line to the FBI they really didn't add much to the series. I would have like to see them used more.

Some pretty brutal gore with Malvo setting the bone and tying up his own leg.

It was actually kind of satisfying seeing Gus shoot Malvo.

Definitely a karmic ending for Lester.

It was also nice that such a dark series could end on such a happy note.

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

This was a definite enjoyable series, and one I enjoyed more than I initially thought I would since I my initial reaction was that it may be a retread of the film. Thankfully, that was not the case at all, and I enjoyed both the actor's performances, as well as the storyline as well. It's a "buy" for me when the series hit's blu ray. Absolutely.

Fargo Renewed For a Second Season!

The network announced Monday at Television Critics Association that it has renewed the adaption of Joel and Ethan Coen’s popular film, which recently racked up an astounding 18 Emmy nominations. Similar to HBO’s “True Detective,” this new story will feature different characters (and actors), a new time period and a different “true crime” story that will unfold over the course of 10 episodes. It will air in fall of 2015 at the earliest.