Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Runaways -- What happened?

I have Netflix and Amazon Prime, and that's enough for me. No way I'm going to drop more cash on Hulu, for the sole purpose of seeing Runaways. I haven't noticed any action on the boards about this show, at least not recently. Was the show like the Netflix shows where the whole season is posted at once (which would explain the quiet)? At any rate, was it any good?

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I have Netflix and Amazon Prime, and that's enough for me. No way I'm going to drop more cash on Hulu, for the sole purpose of seeing Runaways. I haven't noticed any action on the boards about this show, at least not recently. Was the show like the Netflix shows where the whole season is posted at once (which would explain the quiet)? At any rate, was it any good?

Sandy Hausler
    You could do a free trial, watch season one and then cancel it. The series was okay. I found several of the characters way too CW-ish though, and none of them really that sympathetic.

I'd go with what RikWriter said. (Free trial and cancel.) Runaways is okay. Not great, not awful. I agree that none of the characters are very sympathetic.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post

Sandy Hausler
    They released the show weekly, but the first season ended weeks ago.

I personally thought it was good. A lot of the attention went to the parents,which I know some viewers didn't like. But I thought it actually gave you a better understanding of both rhe parents and kids.

It was pretty good. Some deviations I could take or leave.

I think the Chase changes were the most polarizing but I get why they did them. I also think they played up him and his a dad a bit more for when the betrayal comes, it throws off the comic fans a bit even though it will probably still be Alex.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It was pretty good. Some deviations I could take or leave.

I think the Chase changes were the most polarizing but I get why they did them. I also think they played up him and his a dad a bit more for when the betrayal comes, it throws off the comic fans a bit even though it will probably still be Alex.
    Thing is Alex at this point almost makes the least sense. Though may be that's by design to throw people off.

Yeah, I liked it. Mostly for the parents, but the show did give me insight to all the characters since I never read any of the books. I was only familiar with the ones that were in the Marvel Avengers Alliance game, which had its own twists on the kids' characters.

I thought the show was slowly paced at times. I'm looking forward to next season in that I hope the kids use their powers more, especially Nico.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Thing is Alex at this point almost makes the least sense. Though may be that's by design to throw people off.
    I'm thinking that was by design.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Boisterously Confused

There's a whole thread on the season below

BANNED

It's on itunes. My mom and I watch all the Marvel shows together so the only thing that would make me wanna watch it is her. I haven't seen ANYONE talking about the show or any promo for it at all. It's strange
    t

Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

Runaways was cute... it certainly wasn't a great show... but it was quirky-fun... like a CW show....

Hulu has some programming that is really, really good though... A Handmaids Tale is about as good as it gets... The Path is excellent... Shut Eye, Harlots... I realize that buying various tv packages can get pricey... but Hulu has stepped up their game

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Yeah, I liked it. Mostly for the parents, but the show did give me insight to all the characters since I never read any of the books. I was only familiar with the ones that were in the Marvel Avengers Alliance game, which had its own twists on the kids' characters.

I thought the show was slowly paced at times. I'm looking forward to next season in that I hope the kids use their powers more, especially Nico.
    I think the show was supposed to be released all at once but due to audio issues with later episodes, they did it weekly, so it might have been written with 'this'll be binged in one go' in mind.- unsure wether it would improve the pacing though.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    It's on itunes. My mom and I watch all the Marvel shows together so the only thing that would make me wanna watch it is her. I haven't seen ANYONE talking about the show or any promo for it at all. It's strange
    t
    When it came out and up till the last episode released we were talking about it on here alot but thats was awhile ago.

I liked it, i agree the parents were way more interesting but i didnt dislike the kids at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Martini Sigil View Post
    Hulu has some programming that is really, really good though... A Handmaids Tale is about as good as it gets... The Path is excellent... Shut Eye, Harlots... I realize that buying various tv packages can get pricey... but Hulu has stepped up their game
    And a lot of good genre stuff is moving from Netflix to Hulu. The Buffy Verse, The X-Files, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Quantum Leap, and Battlestar Galactica. It also has a lot of surprising classic TV on there as well as all the Star Treks, Twin Peaks, Twilight Zone. To be fair, Netflix has those last three, but who knows for how long. And of course, it has content from a variety of networks the next day. Mostly network, but some premium stuff as well. On the movie side, it's a little more questionable. Smaller selection, and they seem to update less, but when it comes to TV, Hulu is really king now.

I was so damn bored watching Runaways. I only watched 4 episodes though and stopped lol.
    Superhero shows are trash