Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Both books have been propped up by Scholastic book sales for 2years + now.
    Their monthly sales figures are mostly unchanged. They've been well below 10K for some time now.
    True. I'm aware, I'm just hoping that continues. I would like to see more books get the same deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I’m laughing at Moon Girl sales. Generation X sells double and got cancelled. Moon Girl is a joke!

Generation X sells more than Captain Marvel. Give them a MCU movie in 2022!

I love how Scooby Apocalypse only is a couple hundred behind.
    Exactly! Marvel axed Spider-Woman and Ant-Man as soon as their sales dipped below 20K. Then we have America and Monsters Unleashed at 7K. Would have been nice if Marvel would have given Jess and Scott the same treatment. I'd bet that neither would have fell to 7K for quite some time if at all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    How do you mean they are important series?

I mean more so than any other?
    They both appeal and sell to young people and women, two markets that comics need to do better in. Moon Girl provides a positive portrayal of a young black woman. The importance of the Scholastic deal can't be understated. It gets the books into young readers hands, which is invaluable and crucial. They both have female creators associated with the creation of and production of the books.They are both relatively new (or newly pushed in SG's case) and Marvel needs to create more new characters to develop. They both give positive portrayals of females and minorities who are in/ will be in the STEM field. All of these reasons make them more important than yet another Moon Knight relaunch or a fifth Avengers book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    They both appeal and sell to young people and women, two markets that comics need to do better in. Moon Girl provides a positive portrayal of a young black woman. The importance of the Scholastic deal can't be understated. It gets the books into young readers hands, which is invaluable and crucial. They both have female creators associated with the creation of and production of the books.They are both relatively new (or newly pushed in SG's case) and Marvel needs to create more new characters to develop. They both give positive portrayals of females and minorities who are in/ will be in the STEM field. All of these reasons make them more important than yet another Moon Knight relaunch or a fifth Avengers book.
    is scholastic a direct to schools market?

I liked moon girl in secret warriors, in her own book I find her a bit cocky, but to be fair I'm not the target audience

I do see what you mean, very succinct

Thanks
    Last edited by kilderkin; 02-12-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    is scholastic a direct to schools market?

I liked moon girl in secret warriors, in her own book I find her a but cocky, but to be fair I'm not the target audience

I do see what you mean, very succinct

Thanks
    Schools and libraries. No problem, you're welcome.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I’m laughing at Moon Girl sales. Generation X sells double and got cancelled. Moon Girl is a joke!

Generation X sells more than Captain Marvel. Give them a MCU movie in 2022!

I love how Scooby Apocalypse only is a couple hundred behind.
    Just a sample of Moon Girl trade sales on Amazon

Moon Girl volume 1
    Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
    #45 in Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #124 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
    #187 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #89 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Teen & Young Adult > Superheroes
    #235 in Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Moon Girl volume 2
    #59 in Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #192 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
    #337 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #131 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Teen & Young Adult > Superheroes
    #326 in Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #1267 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Moon Girl volume 3
    #64 in Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #209 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
    #361 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #79 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Teen & Young Adult > Superheroes
    #222 in Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #758 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Moon Girl volume 4
    #51 in Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #162 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
    #273 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #63 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Teen & Young Adult > Superheroes
    #185 in Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #597 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Generation X trade
    Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #109,580 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
    #544 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
    #1040 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #7173 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #13654 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Moon Girl BEATS them. Her Kindle sales double or triple the Gen X.

Her trades are top 100.

Astonishing Member

Ya some people can only do trades, or choose only to.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Ya some people can only do trades, or choose only to.
    Yeah, trades are better than single issues in just about every way.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'd be happy if it levels off at the 30,000 range and being near or in the top 50 titles. It's checking in at the same level as some of DC's Harley Quinn titles, a character that gets a lot of promotion in animated series and merchandise. Let's see how it goes. I'd hate to see great creative team not get supported by the fans.
    I've calmed down and thought about things. A brilliant book like Vision sold poorly initially but after the trades and glowing reviews it got the attention it deserved. I'll just hope that TiO maintains it's quality and if the sales dip further then hopefully the trades sell really well.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Squirrel Girl and Moon Girl are both below 10,000 copies.
    Yes as if that's somehow notable and their success in the book market hasn't already been discussed to death in every single sales thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Pissed about Two-in-One. It shows that some of those clamoring for the Fantastic Four and "Marvel doesn't feel the same" were just talking crap and weren't willing to put their money where their mouth is. It's a great book that didn't deserve such a big drop.
    Just like Loveness' Nova run with Richard Rider. Feel guilty for trade waiting it but don't have the space in my pull list and I like reading a combination of issues and trades. On the plus side, Two-in-One strikes me as a limited run that'll lead to a Fantastic Four relaunch, so I don't think you need to worry about the numbers sustaining an ongoing at least.
    Last edited by nickytesla96; 02-12-2018 at 05:35 PM.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

It's getting at least 12 issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Exactly! Marvel axed Spider-Woman and Ant-Man as soon as their sales dipped below 20K. Then we have America and Monsters Unleashed at 7K. Would have been nice if Marvel would have given Jess and Scott the same treatment. I'd bet that neither would have fell to 7K for quite some time if at all.
    Ant-Man ended so that Spencer could concentrate on Secret Empire - both Cap books often double shipped after Scott was taken off the schedule.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's getting at least 12 issues.
    It's true that Marvel has kept things ambiguous about 2-in-1, so that if it fails they can always claim it was only ever planned as a limited run. Even so, this drop is still bad news, for one of Marvel's most high profile books dropping down to 30K at issue #2 is simply unacceptable. With sales this bad across the board I don't see how Marvel can sustain themselves over the long term. Pretty soon the only comics left standing will be Batman and the Walking Dead (now that would be a crossover!).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Pissed about Two-in-One. It shows that some of those clamoring for the Fantastic Four and "Marvel doesn't feel the same" were just talking crap and weren't willing to put their money where their mouth is. It's a great book that didn't deserve such a big drop.
    It's doing fine. Doesn't have to be in the Top Ten or Twenty to be a hit.

Although given how good it is, it really does deserve to be way up there. Still, it's not failing by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, trades are better than single issues in just about every way.
    For younger readers, absolutely. I actually read an issue of Moon Girl to my daughter as her bedtime story tonight. I think I'm going to order one of the trades for her birthday.

When you realize that the era you are currently in is every bit as gimmicky and poorly done as the 90s and will end the same way.