All-New Member

Question Pls. help. Which comic did I read as a child (1980-1985)

Hi
    I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

Maybe somebody can help me figure out which comic I read as a young child.
    It could be an Avengers series, but i'm not certain. I think it was a Marvel comic.

The only thing I remember was that in the last pages of the comic there was an epic war between super heroes (good vs bad), human soldiers (east vs west) and in the end the ground ripped open and there were demons that destroys the whole world.

I was very young at the time, maybe 4-7 years old and it was somewhere around 1980-1983.

Does this setting ring a bell?

Please tell me, I would love to purchase this comic due to good summer memories.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Komttiedan View Post
    Hi
    I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

Maybe somebody can help me figure out which comic I read as a young child.
    It could be an Avengers series, but i'm not certain. I think it was a Marvel comic.

The only thing I remember was that in the last pages of the comic there was an epic war between super heroes (good vs bad), human soldiers (east vs west) and in the end the ground ripped open and there were demons that destroys the whole world.

I was very young at the time, maybe 4-7 years old and it was somewhere around 1980-1983.

Does this setting ring a bell?

Please tell me, I would love to purchase this comic due to good summer memories.
    Nothing comes to mind that fits all those criteria. X-Men's Inferno would have had the demon aspect but that was 1988ish. Kang War would have had something close but that was early 2000s (and no demons). Maybe an issue of What If? Those were always good for everybody dying in PIS and poor story telling with bad continuity...

Astonishing Member

Not marvel books but

War of the gods
    Alien invasion

Both dc

Might be worth a check

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Maybe Avengers/Defenders War? I'm throwing things that vaguely fit since I figure memory from that long ago is somewhat unreliable.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

sounds almost like a comics adaptation of the Book of Revelations.

It could be a misremembering of Simonson's Thor: Surtur War.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Maybe Avengers/Defenders War? I'm throwing things that vaguely fit since I figure memory from that long ago is somewhat unreliable.
    Yeah, I thought that too--- but that was early 70's, not 80's.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Weird War Tales from DC Comics

Secret Wars or one of the mini-series during that event from Marvel

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    It could be a misremembering of Simonson's Thor: Surtur War.
    That is what I was going to suggest.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    Weird War Tales from DC Comics

Secret Wars or one of the mini-series during that event from Marvel
    80s Secret Wars didn't have spin-off minis like the 2015 version. The first Secret Wars was just the mini and that's it (the ongoings used timeskips, notably including the debut of Spidey's black costume) and Secret Wars II had tie-ins with most books, but not minis other than the main story. The 2015 event is now known as Secret Wars III (was referred to by that name in No Surrender's backmatter).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Just off the top of my head could it be the end of the Rom series? I think all the hereos were in a battle against the Dire Wraiths who could be the demons your thinking of. Another possibility might be the Defenders. There was a long story line from issues 93-100 in with they were battling all the ruling demons.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    Just off the top of my head could it be the end of the Rom series? I think all the hereos were in a battle against the Dire Wraiths who could be the demons your thinking of. Another possibility might be the Defenders. There was a long story line from issues 93-100 in with they were battling all the ruling demons.
    That's the one. Defenders #100. I found an online edition and recognised a lot of my fainted memory. It was Hell on earth. Thanks everybody for helping me.