Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Oh, heck no. At least in Mark Waid's interpretation, the two could barely stand each other.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    At least they started off roughly with each other.

    Iris: Wait you SHOT Barry?


    It's just the way it goes.

    Barry is very much the Superman of the Arrowverse the bright beacon of hope, Ollie is of course the Batman with his broodyness and tactical thinking and at the end of the day the way Kara's used makes her the Wonderwoman (irony!) as she comes from elsewhere and helps this world to be better.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Barry is very much the Superman of the Arrowverse the bright beacon of hope, Ollie is of course the Batman with his broodyness and tactical thinking and at the end of the day the way Kara's used makes her the Wonderwoman (irony!) as she comes from elsewhere and helps this world to be better.
    I can't believe I never made that connection, that Barry, Oliver and Kara serve as the trinity or Clark, Bruce and Diana...
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

  3. #18
    Mighty Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    I can't believe I never made that connection, that Barry, Oliver and Kara serve as the trinity or Clark, Bruce and Diana...
    Really? Well, everyone learns something new everyday.

    Still love this little scene though.


  4. #19
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    I can't believe I never made that connection, that Barry, Oliver and Kara serve as the trinity or Clark, Bruce and Diana...
    It helps that Kara is pretty much on her own so it can be easy to miss the comparison.

    For a bit it seemed like they were going to push Vixen as their Wonderwoman but alas.

  5. #20
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    While I think it would be fun to establish a friendship between Vibe and Barry in the comics, I understand why DC isn't rushing to have the TV shows and the comics emulate each other. In fact, Geoff Johns advised against it when the current Flash writer wanted to introduce Dr. Harrison Wells into the Rebirth Flash series.

    That said, I would love to see Sara Lance, Dinah's time-hopping, League of Assassins-trained, bi-sexual sister, introduced into the main comics continuity. White Canary is too great a character to only exist in the comics.

  6. #21
    Incredible Member Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I missed that one. Going to have to check it out. Which issues- of which book can I find this in?

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Just Justice League vs Suicide Squad- Which was a precursor to Orlando's JLA- Mainly to bring Killer Frost and the Main Man back

  7. #22

    Default

    In the New 52 JLA Vibe was a fan of Flash and you culd have made the equivalent of Kid Flash to test the waters. Fans would have still hated it but oh well.

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    While I think it would be fun to establish a friendship between Vibe and Barry in the comics, I understand why DC isn't rushing to have the TV shows and the comics emulate each other. In fact, Geoff Johns advised against it when the current Flash writer wanted to introduce Dr. Harrison Wells into the Rebirth Flash series.
    .
    That's interesting. I know that Marvel has been criticized for trying to make the comics match the films so it's good to see DC shying away from that.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member Lightning Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,436

    Default

    Part of the reason IMO is that Barry didn't seem to have a huge non-super powered supporting cast, but it just makes it harder for me to think of it as a Flash Show about Barry Allen. At least Patty was there, and there are a few others they could have given the limelight.

  10. #25
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    32,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    While I think it would be fun to establish a friendship between Vibe and Barry in the comics, I understand why DC isn't rushing to have the TV shows and the comics emulate each other. In fact, Geoff Johns advised against it when the current Flash writer wanted to introduce Dr. Harrison Wells into the Rebirth Flash series.
    I appreciate and respect the sentiment even if I still think a future writer won't be able to resist introducing some variant of Harrison Wells into the comics.
    That said, I would love to see Sara Lance, Dinah's time-hopping, League of Assassins-trained, bi-sexual sister, introduced into the main comics continuity. White Canary is too great a character to only exist in the comics.
    I'm surprised neither Sara or Alex Danvers from Supergirl haven't made the jump to comics yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    That's interesting. I know that Marvel has been criticized for trying to make the comics match the films so it's good to see DC shying away from that.
    Agreed.

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,865

    Default

    I mean people can joke about it but adaptations are always case by case. Supergirl is almost a carbon clone of the show right now despite the differences, including stuff like Jimmy as the "black best friend"/love interest being given to a new character or like mentioned above the lack of Alex.

  12. #27
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    4,869

    Default

    Also in the Arrowverse Martian Manhunter is sort of a father figure for Supergirl but I don't think Supergirl and Martian Manhunter have even met since New 52. Not sure they ever interacted very much in the comic books.

  13. #28
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,307

    Default

    The thing is that the CW Characters have for most part anyway not much resemblance with the comic version (the list of characters that is even halfway comic book accurate is imo really short), and some don't even exist.

  14. #29
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Also in the Arrowverse Martian Manhunter is sort of a father figure for Supergirl but I don't think Supergirl and Martian Manhunter have even met since New 52. Not sure they ever interacted very much in the comic books.
    Yeah Martian Manhunter has had dad-ish relationships with younger heroes with Cindy Reynolds and Stargirl at different times so while it's new to Kara it's at least not totally so.

    Yeah the two haven't had many interactions in the comics and I can't recall any off the top of my head.

  15. #30
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Also in the Arrowverse Martian Manhunter is sort of a father figure for Supergirl but I don't think Supergirl and Martian Manhunter have even met since New 52. Not sure they ever interacted very much in the comic books.
    Supergirl and Martian Manhunter were members of Justice League United.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •