Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Considering Jean Grey is supposed to be the answer for Marvel wonder woman as some had tried to sale I'm shocked those resurrection numbers aren't higher. Welcome back Jean to the Era of mediocre and poor x-men storytelling.
    Hopefully once Alonso's print is completely gone from the vicinity, things will get better. So maybe Jean won't be stuck in it too long like other characters they fell into the gutters.

BANNED

Surprising. X-Men Gold, often critiqued for its terrible writing, is still in the Top 50, whereas better quality books like Iceman and AN Wolverine aren't selling nearly as many copies. The X-Men Blue Annual too, which was pretty awful, sold pretty well. I suppose its just the draw of certain characters.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think Exiles will sell awful too to be honest, because of the roster. It isn't recognizable as an Exiles book. You need more than Blink and random people
    You're probably right. I suppose it has the added benefit that new characters can easily be brought in, much like the original Exiles. But if it were up to me, I would get rid of Wolvie, Khan + Iron Lad, instead trading 'em for Nocturne, Ruby Summers, Old Man Logan and maybe Spider-Man 2099. It'd sell better and would strengthen the ties to the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Poor Generation X. But sadly, the art & focus on new characters drug it down a lot.

Nice to see low sales for Weapon X. Hopefully it'll continue that route and end early....Gotta have dreams.
    Based on the writing, Gen X would have done much better with a different artist, and a focus on the original Gen X, rather than students at Xavier's nobody really cares about.

Weapon X has been pretty poor. I'm waiting for it to end just so we can get an X-Force relaunch tbh.

BANNED

Glad that blue is doing fine,as long as cyclops is in a title I will root for that title to do well.

And hopefully scott will come back soon since all the dead x-men (jean,wolverine,professor x)are or came back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Surprising. X-Men Gold, often critiqued for its terrible writing, is still in the Top 50, whereas better quality books like Iceman and AN Wolverine aren't selling nearly as many copies. The X-Men Blue Annual too, which was pretty awful, sold pretty well. I suppose its just the draw of certain characters.
    I don't get the appeal of Gold. Seems it has few redeeming points.

Based on the writing, Gen X would have done much better with a different artist, and a focus on the original Gen X, rather than students at Xavier's nobody really cares about.

Weapon X has been pretty poor. I'm waiting for it to end just so we can get an X-Force relaunch tbh
    Yeah. A few I see & speak to are waiting on Weapon X to go. But the only way it leaves soon is if it's cancelled. Because Pak doesn't seem to plan on stopping anytime soon. Given comments, in combination with the monthly release, Weapon X will be running until at least 2019.

Gold has a better roster. And the writing in blue isn't that much better then Gold it's just that we all have been brainwashed to have low standards

The only thing Gold has going for it is it's Claremont cast. There are diehards who will collect anything, no matter the quality, if it has an X on the cover, all the more if it can evoke the Claremont golden era!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    Astonishing is the only X-book that has felt like an actual X-book to me in years. Glad to see it is doing good.
    Astonishing X-men had Marvel Legacy variant cover unlike other X books (they had one month earlier). Astonishing is losing readers fast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Orders are made months in advance. Phoenix Ressurrection's quality had no influence on sales.
    What about reorders?

http://blog.comichron.com/2018/01/ma...week-with.html

Top advance reordered February-shipping comic for week of January 15-21
    1 Vision HC $39.99 Marvel
    2 Saga TPB Vol. 8 $14.99 Image
    3 Rick & Morty HC Book 01 $49.99 Oni
    4 Phoenix Resurrection Return Jean Grey #3 Leg $3.99 Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Considering Jean Grey is supposed to be the answer for Marvel wonder woman as some had tried to sale I'm shocked those resurrection numbers aren't higher. Welcome back Jean to the Era of mediocre and poor x-men storytelling.
    To be fair, though, WW's solo seems to sell just about the same as X-Men Gold for the month, also double shipping.

45 36 X-Men Gold 19 $3.99 01/03/18 Marvel 36,915
    46 64 Wonder Woman 38 $2.99 01/10/18 DC 36,828
    47 40 X-Men Gold 20 $3.99 01/17/18 Marvel 36,471
    48 65 Wonder Woman 39 $2.99 01/24/18 DC 36,269

But at a dollar less. So, really Jean's Resurrection moved a lot more comics this month and made a lot more money than WW(not even counting her actual/Jeen solo, which contributes another 20k issues).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Yeah. A few I see & speak to are waiting for Weapon X to go. But the only way it leaves soon is if it's canceled. Because Pak doesn't seem to plan on stopping anytime soon. Given comments, in combination with the monthly release, Weapon X will be running until at least 2019.
    Outside of its core characters, which are treated poorly anyway, I don't think it has much to offer. Even the art fluctuates.

I'm always surprised with Marvel. Often subpar titles remain while good books are canceled. The roster is boring and unimaginative, and Pak doesn't seem to have an understanding of the cast. I'll be disappointed if it continues in a similar fashion to right now, because I have no desire to read the current incarnation of Weapon X. I don't see why Marvel doesn't just relaunch X-Force- with the Deadpool movie coming out and Cable and Domino getting a big screen debut, its perfect timing. We'll see what happens I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The only thing Gold has going for it is it's Claremont cast. There are diehards who will collect anything, no matter the quality, if it has an X on the cover, all the more if it can evoke the Claremont golden era!
    Yeah, and it's kinda ridiculous. Worst X-Men book in years if you ask me.

Yep. I think that's a big thing that did in Generation X. When you reboot an older title, you need recognizable popular characters. And when that doesn't happen, you get tons of disappointed fans because it's not about the same characters they came to love in the original.

GenX had Jubilee. But all the other OG members were background foils to the new lovable losers. And many didn't want that. Also many Monet fans are pissed about the M-Plate deal that has taken it's time ever being addressed with Bunn losing her.

Now Exiles is doing the same. They gave us Blink, but nobody else. Like Morph, or Sabretooth, or any of her previous teammates. I guess Wolvie was their answer by replacing Sabretooth (mentor) with a young Wolverine (student) variant for Blink to care for, reversing her role from the child & student to the mother & teacher.

As with any title. Focus on the older classic characters, THEN bring in the new characters as foils to develop the older cast, and give people a chance to warm to the newer ones.
    I tend to agree. But there are lots of folks (particularly on this board) who constantly propose rosters full of less known characters... while I’d be fine with that happening to appeal to those fans, I just don’t think it would last long.

I just think it’s good to be realisic when you’re a big fan of the lesser known characters. Hope for the best but don’t expect it, maybe. Then again I’m a spoiled jean fan so I know that’s easy for me
    To say.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    What about reorders?

http://blog.comichron.com/2018/01/ma...week-with.html

Top advance reordered February-shipping comic for week of January 15-21
    1 Vision HC $39.99 Marvel
    2 Saga TPB Vol. 8 $14.99 Image
    3 Rick & Morty HC Book 01 $49.99 On
    4 Phoenix Resurrection Return Jean Grey #3 Leg $3.99 Marvel
    Marvel accounts obviously care about the final number (re orders), but fans and media care more about the sales at time of release.

This is why i feel it’s so Important to pre order your books so that the numbers are as high as possible in the time of sale numbers.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Outside of its core characters, which are treated poorly anyway, I don't think it has much to offer. Even the art fluctuates.

I'm always surprised with Marvel. Often subpar titles remain while good books are canceled. The roster is boring and unimaginative, and Pak doesn't seem to have an understanding of the cast. I'll be disappointed if it continues in a similar fashion to right now, because I have no desire to read the current incarnation of Weapon X. I don't see why Marvel doesn't just relaunch X-Force- with the Deadpool movie coming out and Cable and Domino getting a big screen debut, its perfect timing. We'll see what happens I guess.
    Far as art, I know Ken Lashley is on Gold. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I hated his style. Even during Uncanny, I preferred when Land was doing art instead. He's got flaws, but I overall found his style easier on the eyes than Lashley. So Ken on Gold would take another point for me. But clearly, most fans love him.

Agreed on Weapon X. Very horrid run. When I look at Frank Tierri's Weapon X, and see how far it's fallen with Pak, I am horrified. I finally dropped it. I was tempted to pick it back up when Pak mentioned big things coming for Creed & Lady Deathstrike in chapters 18 + 22 respectively. But given how bad Pak's done with them so far, I was leaning toward not reading to avoid disappointment -and recently seeing a sketch by Cinar on twitter reinforced that decision.

At best I'll check out reviews to stay up to date and hear when the roster changes start happening. And hope Creed & Domino are part of the eventual purge.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I tend to agree. But there are lots of folks (particularly on this board) who constantly propose rosters full of less known characters... while I’d be fine with that happening to appeal to those fans, I just don’t think it would last long.

I just think it’s good to be realisic when you’re a big fan of the lesser known characters. Hope for the best but don’t expect it, maybe. Then again I’m a spoiled jean fan so I know that’s easy for me
    To say.
    As a fan of lesser known, or popular characters, you have to take them with some fan favorites in order to see them, but keeping the book balanced for other fans so it lasts longer. But a roster full of unknown characters, or entirely new characters isn't the best way to start them off.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-12-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Hopefully once Alonso's print is completely gone from the vicinity, things will get better. So maybe Jean won't be stuck in it too long like other characters they fell into the gutters.
    Perhaps. Time will tell as with all things.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    To be fair, though, WW's solo seems to sell just about the same as X-Men Gold for the month, also double shipping.

45 36 X-Men Gold 19 $3.99 01/03/18 Marvel 36,915
    46 64 Wonder Woman 38 $2.99 01/10/18 DC 36,828
    47 40 X-Men Gold 20 $3.99 01/17/18 Marvel 36,471
    48 65 Wonder Woman 39 $2.99 01/24/18 DC 36,269

But at a dollar less. So, really Jean's Resurrection moved a lot more comics this month and made a lot more money than WW(not even counting her actual/Jeen solo, which contributes another 20k issues).
    I think a better comparison, especially since the Resurrection issues are 1 through 6, would be to look at WW Rebirth numbers from 1 through 6:

Wonder Woman #1: 118,511
    Wonder Woman #2: 114,135
    Wonder Woman #3: 103,912
    Wonder Woman #4: 93,862
    Wonder Woman #5: 85,646
    Wonder Woman #6: 74,856

If Jean was anywhere near Wonder Woman her return would have sustained numbers near 100K at least for the first 3 issues. Those numbers are good.. Just not WW good.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member

STOP. BUYING. GOLD.

I know I'm preaching to the choir. It's just infuriating that Guggenheim's not getting the feedback he deserves. Are certain people rolling in so much dough they're happy to just flush 10$/month down the drain in exchange for jack ****? What's the point of buying for the roster when no one is written like an actual character? I don't get it!