Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    STOP. BUYING. GOLD.

I know I'm preaching to the choir. It's just infuriating that Guggenheim's not getting the feedback he deserves. Are certain people rolling in so much dough they're happy to just flush 10$/month down the drain in exchange for jack shit? What's the point of buying for the roster when no one is written like an actual character? I don't get it!
    OH I sent him a mouth full! He probably has a team of people buffering him from the truth.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Marvel isn't pushing Jean or any other x-woman as their wonder woman. that's carol.
    I really wish people could stop with these stupid comparisons. jean, storm and rogue are all their own characters and don't need to try to fill other characters shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think a better comparison, especially since the Resurrection issues are 1 through 6, would be to look at WW Rebirth numbers from 1 through 6:

Wonder Woman #1: 118,511
    Wonder Woman #2: 114,135
    Wonder Woman #3: 103,912
    Wonder Woman #4: 93,862
    Wonder Woman #5: 85,646
    Wonder Woman #6: 74,856

If Jean was anywhere near Wonder Woman her return would have sustained numbers near 100K at least for the first 3 issues. Those numbers are good.. Just not WW good.
    Well, Resurrection was always known to be a 5 issue mini. It was never supposed to be a solo. And if you are to compare them like that, at least factor in Jean's #1:
    3 1 Phoenix Resurrection Return Jean Grey 1 $4.99 12/27/17 Marvel 145,057

... which outsells WW by almost 30,000 issues.

If you are to compare them, fair is fair.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Well, Resurrection was always known to be a 5 issue mini. It was never supposed to be a solo. And if you are to compare them like that, at least factor in Jean's #1:

Plus, Wonder Woman was a dollar cheaper too, more people will be inclined to buy a $2.99 book over a $3.99/$4.99 book
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Plus, Wonder Woman was a dollar cheaper too, more people will be inclined to buy a $2.99 book over a $3.99/$4.99 book
    Also true, but I referred to the price difference in a previous post.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

That's why I mentioned sustained over 100k for the first few issues. It wasn't marketed as a solo but as her return which is why the initial numbers were as high as they are. Also, if the team book of resurrection is selling in the range of 50k with the news of her return within the first five issues it isn't expected her solo would fair better (and the buzz behind her return has died down) . In fact a better comparison would be to their solos, not a team book, and Jean solo book sold considerably less than the team books. So even with that Jean isn't selling WW numbers. So that my friend would be fair. But we can agree to disagree not trying to derail this thread any further.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-12-2018 at 05:46 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Also true, but I referred to the price difference in a previous post.
    Sorry, didn't read that far back
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

Generation x is getting the slow death it deserves for what it did to Synch....its hilarious to me!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    That's why I mentioned sustained over 100k for the first few issues. It wasn't marketed as a solo but her return which is why the initial numbers are as high as they are. Also, if the team book of resurrection is selling in the range of 50k with the news of her return it isn't expected her solo would fair better. In fact a better comparison would be to their solos, not a team book, and Jean solo book sold considerably less than the team books. So even with that Jean isn't selling WW numbers. But we can agree to disagree not trying to derail this thread any further.
    To be technical, Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey, could be considered a solo, as her name and codename are both in the title. It's not X-Men:Phoenix Resurrection etc etc.

I'd don't think Jean is Marvel's WW(or ever could be), nor do I think we're derailing things by analyzing sales data. I'm just trying to keep things transparent. It will be interesting to see X-Men:Red #1's numbers next month, but as you say, that would be a team book and not indicative of Jean's selling power, necessarily(especially with the writer of X23 and Honey Badger pulling in his/their fans too).

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Sorry, didn't read that far back
    It can be difficult to shift through everything and keep pace with all the details in this forum, for sure!

Has there ever been any data to actually determine how many issues of a given comic have actually sold as opposed to the numbers we get referring to the number shipped to brick and mortar comic shops?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Generation x is getting the slow death it deserves for what it did to Synch....its hilarious to me!
    It's not the same creative team though - it's really Gen X in name only but personally, I think it did deserve better

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post

Definitely one of the worst deaths in the last 20 years!

We love you Everett! Fly free of this world, my rainbow prince!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Orders are made months in advance. Phoenix Ressurrection's quality had no influence on sales.
    Lol Someone has to say this literally every month.

Peeps will get it one day lol

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    Has there ever been any data to actually determine how many issues of a given comic have actually sold as opposed to the numbers we get referring to the number shipped to brick and mortar comic shops?
    I think that would be very difficult, especially with 'back issues'.