Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I don't mind DC doing a teen Lantern story under their kid imprints but I think for the most part it's more sensible that we don't see kids flying around with GL rings.

The Guardians have enough trouble wrangling the adults who get rings .

BANNED

DC has

JSA
    JL
    The Titans
    YJ
    TT

They need to chop up the TT team,have raven,Starfire,and beast boy finally with their friends in the older Titans.aqualad with YJ(with blue beetle going also).then have damian,kid flash,and Jon Kent get emiko and this new kid GL,make a new tiny or teen Titans team.

DC needs to totally embrace what they have always been about--- Legacy.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    This is Zoom, not Rebirth, and is way too new for the show, lol. Maybe for Season 4, tho.

And I would love it, but I'd rather see them work their way through the other GLs first, lol. We haven't gotten Kyle yet, who should be around Dick's age so now would be perfect. And then now we have Simon and Jessica, and also since Alan Scott exists in the show, they could use Jade, too.
    True but it's nice to dream. I don't expect DC to do much with Kyle or even Simon and Jessica thanks to the fact the show focused on the young heroes. In fact they never did anything much with Hal, Guy, or John for that matter in Young Justice season in fact the League themselves didn't get much to do. One must wonder what good does the League serve if the Team seems to be doing all the heavy lifting.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-13-2018 at 11:05 PM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I am surprised a teen would have the willpower to get a Green Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    An alien kid got from Tomar-Re's planet got became his successor.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Same. I always thought that you cannot become an official green lantern once you turned 18 because the GLC are an intergalactic police force, but it seems that if a teenager is a descendant of green lanterns then they have the potential to become a lantern at a young age.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Arisia used to be a teen Lantern ... and wasn't that kid from the Batman Beyond universe a teen?

I'd be curious to see what kind of Lantern Corps exist in this story since power rings are not usually handed down in this sort of way...
    Tomar Tu asked for his ring to go to another Xudarian, and the Green Lantern for Sinestro's sector eventually was his daughter. So succession is possible. We don't even know if this will be more like a Corps ring or like what Alan Scott had.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    Same. I always thought that you cannot become an official green lantern once you turned 18 because the GLC are an intergalactic police force, but it seems that if a teenager is a descendant of green lanterns then they have the potential to become a lantern at a young age.
    In Marvel's Nova series Sam Alexander took on the mantle from his MIA father when he was a teenager. The Nova Corps are the closest thing I can think of as a Marvel counterpart to the Green Lantern Corp.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Yeah, the jade ring sounds more like alan scott than hal jordan. I’m kind of intrigued, but for some reason, the costume on him doesn’t appeal to me.
    It's the X with the center over the crotch area that I'm skeptical about. That with the light arrow above it point down.

BANNED

GL lore is getting ridiculous with the Earth Lanterns.. I feel like it's not going to stop till we get a GL of every nationality.

The story of the writer's granny and the jade ring she left behind for her grandson and how it inspired the character's backstory is so freaking cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    GL lore is getting ridiculous with the Earth Lanterns.. I feel like it's not going to stop till we get a GL of every nationality.
    Funny thing is China in DC already has their own Green lanterns but it's obvious they are knock offs.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    In Marvel's Nova series Sam Alexander took on the mantle from his MIA father when he was a teenager. The Nova Corps are the closest thing I can think of as a Marvel counterpart to the Green Lantern Corp.
    They're an ersatz. Richard Rider and Hal Jordan have almost identical origins. The main differences are that the Novas can't make constructs (that's Quasar's and Songbird's power instead) and that Rich was a teenager instead of an adult.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-15-2018 at 04:41 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Funny thing is China in DC already has their own Green lanterns but it's obvious they are knock offs.
    Yeah I saw that in New Super-Man 20 I find the Justice League of China stuff ridiculous too. Not that their is a JLofChina but the fact the members are all Asian parodies basically of established characters. It comes off as another universe type stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    This kid's story actually reminded me a lot of Sam/Nova.