View Poll Results: Could Shang Chi have been a better Iron Fist than Danny Rand?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, of course.

17 37.78%
  • No way, jose.

28 62.22%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Could Shang Chi have been a better Iron Fist than Danny Rand?

people are asking

Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't Shang the best martial artist in terms of pure skill in the MU? If so I'd assume you'd want the person with the most skill to be Iron Fist.

No.........

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't Shang the best martial artist in terms of pure skill in the MU? If so I'd assume you'd want the person with the most skill to be Iron Fist.
    that would be the assumption, yes.

He might have been better for the Defenders instead of Iron fist because he requires less special effects and more of a blank canvas as a character so you could had mold him how you want. You could have had him be an ex-member of the Hand and that would have given you a chance to make the Hand less of a vague threat. His backstory is his dad is an international criminal mastermind so you could just fold that into the Hand's inner circle.

If you were really bold you could have made his mom Madame gao because her whole schtick is to be everybody's evil grandma. Literally that is the subtext btw her and Kingpin as well her and Danny.

In the canon he wouldn't have an interesting conflict like Danny or Pei so it wouldn't be as appealing to me. He would be K'un L'un safe choice like a good version of Davos.

But you could make him a different weapon like Dog Brother or the Prince of Orphans and that would be a more practical choice to me. The Prince isn't always on the up and up so you could reuse my Hand pitch.

The dog brother is considered the patron saint of orphans making him a good counterpoint to Shang-chi's father who trained orphans to be assasins.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-12-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Squirrel Girl would be the greatest Iron Fist ever.

Yes, despite the push he's been getting with the tv show, Danny hasn't been resonating with the fans. Now with the Avengers 123809234210 B.C, they should make a story where Shang Chi gets inspired by the original Iron Fist and takes the mantle.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Shang Chi is the best Shang Chi. Iron Fist is the best Iron Fist.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Shang Chi is the best Shang Chi. Iron Fist is the best Iron Fist.
    Iron Fist is a title. Shang Chi is someone's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Iron Fist is a title. Shang Chi is someone's name.
    Really thought, it's a title made for Danny Rand.

It's like Captain America. There there are other Captain America's but Steve Rogers IS Captain America. Everyone else is just keeping the shield warm for him.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

It's like Captain America. There there are other Captain America's but Steve Rogers IS Captain America. Everyone else is just keeping the shield warm for him.
    Difference is that Iron Fist is a legacy title in-story though, while Cap was created for Steve.

Amazing Member

Shang Chi wouldn't act as an Immortal Weapon for Kun Lun so that pretty much automatically rules him out. This is an instance of character traits overriding any relevant skill sets.

No.

I like Shang as Shang and Danny as Iron Fist.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybourbon View Post
    Shang Chi wouldn't act as an Immortal Weapon for Kun Lun so that pretty much automatically rules him out. This is an instance of character traits overriding any relevant skill sets.
    but a lot of Danny's problems derived from him neglecting to act as an Immortal Weapon for Kun lun. and who's to say that Shang, if he went through what Danny did, wouldn't have tried to customize the role/change Kunlun's rules? he rebelled against his father, right?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

I, personally, only acknowledge Danny as Iron Fist. but he's just one of several. Orson Randall, arguably, was cooler. Junzo Muto had his turn wielding the chi, as well. heck, wasn't he supposed to be training some little girl to be Iron Fist? I haven't actively read his title since Brubaker and Fraction left.