Default Looking for a vintage comic book

Dear Friends,

I’m new in this forum. So I don’t know that it’s right to post this new thread under this topic. If it’s not, I apologise.

I’m looking for a vintage comic book that I have read a long time ago when I was a child in 80’s.

It was about an astronaut who entered a space storm and after found himself an unknown country that some primal folk lives. There was a barbarian folk and the king of them. All I remember the astronaut’s helmet was cylinderical and when he figured out the air was breathable he was taking off it. And when he goes to the palace, the king holds his hand to test his power. These are the details that I remember.

I’m looking for it because it was published by a magazine part by part and I couldn’t finish the story. It is a childhood dream for me. I couldn’t remember the name of it because I was 7 or 8 years old.

Can you please help me to spot that comic?

Thank you very much,
    Engin

By the way, how about a little more information?

Were you in the United States or were you elsewhere at the time?
    Was it in color or in black-and-white?
    Do you remember if it was in a regular comic book or a slightly larger magazine size?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, how about a little more information?

Were you in the United States or were you elsewhere at the time?
    Was it in color or in black-and-white?
    Do you remember if it was in a regular comic book or a slightly larger magazine size?
    I was outside US at the time.

It was in color and a slightly larger magazine size.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by sonoftownhall View Post
    I was outside US at the time.

It was in color and a slightly larger magazine size.
    Where outside the U.S. were you? It might help if we knew where you acquired / read this, especially if the message is read by other people more familiar with the comics market in that area.
    There were times that material from one comic book company in one country are reprinted / remarketed in different comic books printed in other countries, especially depending on if there are language translations involved. Even with English-to-English comic book stories there were times when American (U.S.) comic book stories (like Marvel comic books) were reprinted / repackaged for printing in comic books with different titles / different content over in the U.K.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Where outside the U.S. were you? It might help if we knew where you acquired / read this, especially if the message is read by other people more familiar with the comics market in that area.
    There were times that material from one comic book company in one country are reprinted / remarketed in different comic books printed in other countries, especially depending on if there are language translations involved. Even with English-to-English comic book stories there were times when American (U.S.) comic book stories (like Marvel comic books) were reprinted / repackaged for printing in comic books with different titles / different content over in the U.K.
    Hi MajorHoy,

Thank you very much for the information. I was in Turkey at the time.

Astonishing Member

I just throw some Space comics in here...maybe Storm? Not the Marvel universe Storm! Or Nick? Another astronaut who had some adventures in piccolo comic form, a small size wide format comic.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I just throw some Space comics in here...maybe Storm? Not the Marvel universe Storm! Or Nick? Another astronaut who had some adventures in piccolo comic form, a small size wide format comic.
    Can you post some pictures or links showing pics from these comics? Because images will boost my memory.

Thank you

Could it be Storm by Don Lawrence? http://stormchronicles.wikia.com/wiki/Storm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpace View Post
    Could it be Storm by Don Lawrence? http://stormchronicles.wikia.com/wiki/Storm
    Thats the book i meant.

And no, i dont have any images. But just google: Nick der Weltraumpilot

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Thats the book i meant.

And no, i dont have any images. But just google: Nick der Weltraumpilot
    DanMad1977 and WeirdSpace thank you so much. It was exactly "Storm - The Deep World". I have researched and find some information about Turkey edition.

It was published as 2 pages everyday in a newspaper supplement and finished in 24 days in 1984 when I was 7 years old.

The series name was not "Storm - The Deep World" in Turkey. It's name was "Kaptan Erok - Göklerin Hakimi" which means "Captain Erok - Ruler of the Skies" in English.

Below you can find an image of the Turkish issue.

Again, thank you very much for reaching me to a childhood memory.

Best

Erok.jpg

You can get the books here: https://www.donlawrence.co.uk/shop/index.php?hg=2&sg=25
    They are a bit expensive, but also very nice. I have the first six of the collections and I'm definitely getting the rest.

Astonishing Member

Great that you found it.

I will look out for the german editions. I intended to buy them but something came in the way. Collecting so many things is expensive...