Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default How will Jean react to "End of Greys"?

I wonder if there's a plan to show her reaction to the extermination of the entire Grey family line.

Oh boy, I forgot about this. Rachel might still have baggage from that, would be interesting to see them work through it.

I think she already knows, to be honest.

I mean, didn't the Phoenix Force already try to tempt her with resurrecting her family and she was like, naw, they're better off dead?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    I wonder if there's a plan to show her reaction to the extermination of the entire Grey family line.
    A W.A.S.P.y indifference
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I mean, didn't the Phoenix Force already try to tempt her with resurrecting her family and she was like, naw, they're better off dead?
    Yes. Jean's already been back for at least 2 months in current continuity. She knows her family was slaughtered and that reaction already played out off panel

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes. Jean's already been back for at least 2 months in current continuity. She knows her family was slaughtered and that reaction already played out off panel
    All her reactions seem to be off panel some time in the past. At least her X-Factor resurrection featured her taking stock of everything that happened in her absence.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    All her reactions seem to be off panel some time in the past. At least her X-Factor resurrection featured her taking stock of everything that happened in her absence.
    All we can hope for is that she gets a mini or oneshot which takes place just after PR as I dont see Red going into that with any great detail, nor the other books given how isolated Jean's return seems to be so far

I doubt we will see a lot of these reveals we’d want to see unless it’s done in its own book.

While I definitely want to see jeans reunion with teammates, reactions to ivx, and the death of her family, and avx... it wouldn’t make for a good book to appeal to masses.

This is why I feel like it would’ve been good if they let jean’s solo turn into adult jean’s solo for a few issues. That way fans have the option of buying it it main team books aren’t dragged down by it. If nothing else make it a one shot or miniseries.

I still feel like the way they handled jean’s return is such an incredible let down for a character that’s been gone so long. Marvel really missed some opportunities to milk more out of it, and with material that fans would likely enjoy.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Using a Jean Grey annual to show the Jean/Jeen meeting and Jean's reactions to M-Day etc. would have worked. Taylor or Rosenberg could have written it, too. Not Hopeless. Never again Hopeless.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Technically she already found out that they're dead at least on Phoenix Resurrection.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Oh boy, I forgot about this. Rachel might still have baggage from that, would be interesting to see them work through it.

I think she already knows, to be honest.
    True, but she only knows they're dead and not the circumstances that led to it. She had to read Scott's mind to learn how he died.
    I agree it would be a good place to start with Rachel.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

jeen already lived that and it didn't affected her that much. I don't think adult Jean is going to grieve at all, if she does is not going to be for long.

Didn't Taylor tease something focussing on Jean in the aftermath of PR in May or something?
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Didn't Taylor tease something focussing on Jean in the aftermath of PR in May or something?
    Yep. I'm really curious about what it is. But I'm also preparing in case he didn't quite mean that and/or is this weird theory I thought of lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm guessing Kitty went to Jean and went "Look, Jean. Glad you're back and all, but this place gets blown up enough as is and we're on a tight budget so..."