Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I’m guessing Deadpool director involvement has something to do with colossus being on Deadpool films, with Bendis having eventual plans for a kitty colossus romance. Would line up with wedding of the century.
    A) Bendis doesn't like Colossus
    B) Why in the holy hell would a DC writer working on a Fox movie try his best to tie in to a Marvel comic

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    A) Bendis doesn't like Colossus
    B) Why in the holy hell would a DC writer working on a Fox movie try his best to tie in to a Marvel comic
    1) see my recent post about his love for kitty being enough to outweigh his hate of colossus
    2) a paycheck writing a character he loves (edit: I think I understand your second question now- I don’t mean that he cares about tying into an X-Men comic. I just mean that he would likely be interested in capitalizing on kitty and colossus getting together In the comics, by linkin her with colossus just so she can join the Deadpool-verse)

It’s just a guess, we’ll see.
    Last edited by Grey; 02-12-2018 at 10:09 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

What a disaster. The X-Men movies continuously fail to deliver, and even without the Bendis/Miller combo, I have no interest in a Kitty Pryde film. I have no idea what story they could possibly tell that warrants it's own film. There are literally dozens of other X-Men I'd rather see on the big screen.

Besides, I have no idea what the DisneyFox deal means for this or other existing & planned films in the X-Men franchise. Will it even amount to anything?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    What a disaster. The X-Men movies continuously fail to deliver, and even without the Bendis/Miller combo, I have no interest in a Kitty Pryde film. I have no idea what story they could possibly tell that warrants it's own film. There are literally dozens of other X-Men I'd rather see on the big screen.

Besides, I have no idea what the DisneyFox deal means for this or other existing & planned films in the X-Men franchise. Will it even amount to anything?
    Well supposedly a new mutants sequel was recently approved (pending success of first installment I assume), and Disney is on record saying as of now the fox movies would continue to exist “under their own banner”.

There may be stipulations or something but who knows.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Unglaublich!

Miller? Yes.

Bendis? Hell, NO!!! Let him systematically ruin DC's biggest sellers and keep him away from Marvel!

Power to the People

Jason Stryker was called mutant 143 in x-men 2 right? might have something to do with that

Lol, at Bendis. Sounds bad

I'm not a fan of Bendis, but I'd rather he write the X-Men or Kitty Pryde than any random screenwriter who just glances over the Wiki article about characters and then does whatever they want.

Yeah, probably a Kitty Pryde movie, but Bendis is one of my least favorite X-Men writers ever. Outside the art I did not enjoy his runs at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    I'm not a fan of Bendis, but I'd rather he write the X-Men or Kitty Pryde than any random screenwriter who just glances over the Wiki article about characters and then does whatever they want.
    Nope on bendis wiring anything x-related. He will drain the life out of kitty like when he wrote her.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Nope on bendis wiring anything x-related. He will drain the life out of kitty like when he wrote her.
    At least it might seem a little like Kitty - unlike the way most screenwriters churn out formula driven scripts with cookie cutter characters. Hopefully there's a ghost writer who improves his dialogue.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Exactly. I would much prefer an actual comics author working on these. That will make sure at least it "resembles" the canon.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Exactly. I would much prefer an actual comics author working on these. That will make sure at least it "resembles" the canon.
    Well in that case skip all the middlemen and go straight to the source: let Lord Claremont write them. Someone else can come back later and finesse the dialog* for modern audiences, but no one could deliver a more authentic X-Men story than him.

* at least one "Now it's my turn!" shall be preserved for posterity.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Well in that case skip all the middlemen and go straight to the source: let Lord Claremont write them. Someone else can come back later and finesse the dialog for modern audiences, but no one could deliver a more authentic X-Men story than him.
    Your words to God's ears. But in the meantime, this will do.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Horrible. Kitty Pryde in the top spot is a hilarious mistake from the get go.. Bendis ? Makes it a nightmare.