Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 41.94%
  • No

18 58.06%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    Sort of like Renew Your Vows, but with Gwen (not Spider-Gwen, she’d either be normal or gain powers similar to MJ/Spinerette). I’m more pro-MJ, but I’d be curious, especially if we finally got to see a REAL Peter/Gwen child.
    Not really. I honestly didn't even like Renew Your Vows. Spider-man except older and married just doesn't seem to be enough of a hook to hang a series on for me.

On the other hand, Spider-girl I did like, but that was very much NOT Peter's story.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't mind it. I know it was Spider-Man's happy ending in at least the House of M universe.

Personally I'd want a world where Peter and Felicia settled down for once. It's never really been done. Even the one What if he marries Felicia she dies and then he marries Silver Sable etc... Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'm fine with the RYV we currently have.

I'd also prefer an RYV with Peter and Felicia.
    I also think that would be an interesting take on the RYV concept.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'm more interested in quality of writing, ships aren't something that would make me start reading anything, so yeah, I'd read it if it's decent at least.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    I will second the idea of a Peter&Felicia RYV series. I always like the way they flirted while "superheroing" together. I could see Pete and Felicia flirting in front of their daughter with her complaining about it, and lamenting why is she the "adult" in half the conversations.
    I feel like their relationship would be a bit more complicated than that, some shitty what if made a good point that because Felicia doesn't have a secret identity, her and Peter couldn't live together, even had to marry in secret, these kinds of problems in a relationship would be interesting since it's not something used in Spider-Man besides that shitty what if.

Of course, they could always go for a RYV 2.0, but I'd find that to be a waste.

I think such a book would struggle to have an identity of its own. RYV but with Gwen instead doesn't really seem like it has much chance of being its own thing.

The original RYV mini established its identity by being Spidey + MJ + kid. Because Slott couldn't do anything like that in the main book. But when they turned RYV into an ongoing, they changed its identity around to Spider-Family where Peter and MJ sharing the powers was used as a metaphor for the partnership of a marriage.

Doing that, but with Gwen (or Felicia) doesn't really work, I don't think. At that point it's just about the ship itself.

You would need a stronger hook than just doing RYV with Gwen.

I would, but only if every issue featured a different villain capturing Gwen and trying to throw her off of a bridge.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I would, but only if every issue featured a different villain capturing Gwen and trying to throw her off of a bridge.
    One of those villains must be Galactus.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Norman would then get annoyed that his hobby’s gone mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    One of those villains must be Galactus.
    That image. Just...that image.

Instead of building a planet devouring device, Galactus would spend the issue building a bridge big enough for him to stand on. And throw Gwen off of.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Not if it's canon she still cheated on him with his worst enemy (even if she didn't know he was the Goblin, he was still a bad person she chose to cheat with).

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

probably not, and I can't imagine marvel accepting a pitch like that alone. It'd have to be a big spidey au story on it's own with being married to gwen being a side plot.

I wouldn't be interested in a Gwen-centric RYV-ish series. First of all, I'm not very fond of the Gwen Stacy character in the first place. Also, for me, Peter and Mary Jane being together is part of Spidey 101, so I don't have any desire to see alternate scenarios along those lines. Also, what'd be the point?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Instead of building a planet devouring device, Galactus would spend the issue building a bridge big enough for him to stand on. And throw Gwen off of.
    I would get hyped when the Bridge of Life and the Bridge Totems are introduced .

To be honest I would read it if the advertising and the marketing from the writer and artist are able to achieve the level necessary for me to make a choice to take a gamble on the story thus to spend money and time on one issue and base it off from that for future issues pulls.

Now one thing I find interesting is the power and the term 'canon' and more importantly how psychology loyal we are to certain ways or brands. 'Canon' are 'rules'. However these rules are only what we dictate as 'must be'. For 616 certain events happened and thus we as readers have a foundation and rules that were put into place for 60+ years.

THIS isn't 616 however thus 'canon' has no power but is a limit on imagination and creativity. To shake things up.

The topic put these rules down:
    "Sort of like Renew Your Vows, but with Gwen (not Spider-Gwen, she’d either be normal or gain powers similar to MJ/Spinerette)" & "if we finally got to see a REAL Peter/Gwen child."

Multiverse creation and the few rules put down by the topic creator:
    1. A Peter
    2. A Gwen (optional normal or has powers)
    and optionally a child (and while Peter and Gwen are the parents that can also be twisted from a norn like say Peter and Gwen adopted a baby whose parents died during a massive battle as the topic maker didn't specify the conditions of how parenthood was started for this Peter and Gwen)

END of RULES.

Many people here state how Gwen doesn't have their interest. Fantastic!
    That means that information can be gathered up to hear what pushes them away to make a Gwen for this new Mutiverse that can have cahraterdevopments and her own style. For 'Gwen Stacy' this isn't new. Now when I write 'Gwen Stacy' PUSH AWAY all conceptions as I know you are thinking of one version (that being 616 version). That is a limitation that the Multiverse doesn't need to follow. 'Gwen Stacy's thus far has been in the Multiverse (and not counting unofficial fan made versions whom could be fascinating in their own right) : Social butterfly, Social outcast, geek, rock drummer, awkward new girl, scientist, human resistance leader and Donald Blake's right hand woman, and more.

To me a person who 'doesn't like' Gwen Stacy as the many different versions thus far presented in the past in other Multiverses might be capable of making a 'good' 'Gwen Stacy'. You see a flaw and as a exercise in creativity and critical thinking can come up with a storyline and character developments (that doesn't involve bashing for the sake of bashing or death as that is lazy and doesn't do anything productive) that can take a 'Gwen Stacy' already made in the Multiverse on a character 'journey' and arcs transforming into somebody you would like and want to write about. Writers write tales they like and can come up with ideas. Sometimes they might be assigned to a character they don't have feelings for but put them on a path into becoming such a character they would like and the readers agree and enjoy or not.

In this case let's say this Gwen I was now crafting for this new Multiverse was inspired by past Gwen's plus a bit of something new to stand out and be her own Gwen. I noticed a couple of people online are finding that their are 'too many Spiders' and feel a lack of creativity/originality. Thus for powers for this Gwen I'm making I would avoid the Spider Powers. Since so many people are so focus on Gwen and Death (thanks to 616 people put that as a psychological 'Golden Rule' due to how use to it and institutionalization which I feel is a unnecessary limit for other Multiverse where changes can be allowed) I might give her powers linked by Death. This Gwen powers being that if a super 'kills' her she is reborn in similar fashion to Deadpool's daughter with her killer's power set (to die-die this Gwen must take her own life or by natural means). A bit of a morbid power but one link to how often Multiverse 'Gwens' had been killed off trying to follow 616 lead but now twisting it into a unique power for her.

MJ I would have as the Godmother and 'Aunt' to the child and best friends with Gwen and Peter. MJ playing a role and watching over/educating the child in her own ways. Works for Tony Stack as a party organizer and head manger for the model's and public appearances Tony has to make in his company. This taking in the party girl lifestyle and experience often linked to MJ from various versions but putting it in a professional career (not Tony's assistant but still a publicly important person in the company and getting paid good money to be social and handle social events). MJ has access to the Iron Spider suit and calls for it if Peter, Gwen, and or greatly the child in need of backup.

How this Gwen version has powers and some things from her past is left in mystery but revealed during the run. In this case Gwen is either a Inhuman or a Mutant (Mutant her powers kicked in due to high level of stress from mortal danger or 'New/Nu Inhuman' due to the Mist coming at a time Gwen and Peter needed it)

Now after a few issues as per usual and hopefully if doing a good job the readers would care about this characters and world.
    Then (as a few Multiverse Spider series tales have) some sort of Clone equiaevant tale happens (for one or two issues hopefully max). The child learning some new life was born by science and wonders why Dad/Peter and Mom/Gwen would go above and beyond and place himself in danger to save a 'fake' life and even more perplexed why Dad shouted at him for questioning. Then in a wham line Gwen tells him/her: "We understand why you think that way. That being 'a clone' means the life isn't sacred or equal to somebody else's. It's often to concussion by many people to see somebody born by science as a thing vs a living being. But honey...I'm a clone too."
    Revealing that this Gwen many people assumed was born by normal human intercourse vs science or the first version that lived in that particular Multiverse and agian if I/the writers did a great job making people care about the characters and this Gwen version this new info would take a reader by shock.

This Gwen reveals that like many Gwen versions in the Multiverse a Gwen Stacy of that world died but was later 'cloned' (but for a further twist the first Gwen Stacy and spiritual totem linking all Gwen's in some form for that Multiverse actually was born and died in the early 1600 making a 'Marvel 1602' link and version in a way).
    'The Jackal' Cloned her due to part insanity and ego but also from seeing and memories by Gwen's only oil picture of her made when she first arrived to 'The New World'. Miles saw and became fascinated by this beautiful unknown girl and wanted to bring her back.
    Gwen was smart and driven but the time period halted her from recognition or advancements for being a woman. Gwen discovered a crime wave that 'Major Osborn' planned and profited by but when Gwen spoke out she herself plaid a price. Osborn made sure she was to be hung to silence her by placing her on trial as a witch. He told Gwen she would be spared and given great wealth and a placement of value if Gwen stayed silent and become his mistress and property. Gwen spat in his eye and disgusted.
    In a second Gwen went from 'The New World' to "The New Era" and a 'fish out of water' first as a outcast immigrant hoping for a better life then traveling the seas of time to a new century with a new life. After being saved she relied heavily on Peter and MJ. Gwen originally having a old fashion culture thinking clashed with MJ's 'radical' ways but in time MJ won Gwen over and Gwen loved this new culture and freedoms.

At some point Gwen and Peter jokes about the Multiverse and how it's like a hero rite of passage to have at least one Multiverse adventure. Shortly afterwards the child (or maybe Gwen and Peter are parents to twins) has a Multiverse team up with the other 'Children of the Spiders" (Mayday, Annie, the two kids from Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy of Earth-8, Jessica Drew's Baby boy if he ever ages enough in the 616, ect)

This was just a few ideas that popped into my mind as the 'rules' placed in this topic and creativity were left VERY open.