Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 41.94%
  • No

18 58.06%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

I am surprised that no one has come up with a RYV version that could have either Betty Brant or Liz Allan(never married to Harry Osborn) as Peter's wife. It would make for an interesting dynamic considering the Slott rarely ever used either of them during his run on ASM as a potential love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I am surprised that no one has come up with a RYV version that could have either Betty Brant or Liz Allan(never married to Harry Osborn) as Peter's wife. It would make for an interesting dynamic considering the Slott rarely ever used either of them during his run on ASM as a potential love interest.
    Peter dating a white Liz? That would be new .

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    To be honest I would read it if the advertising and the marketing from the writer and artist are able to achieve the level necessary for me to make a choice to take a gamble on the story thus to spend money and time on one issue and base it off from that for future issues pulls.......
    You really put a lot of thought into your various posts on these sort of topics, I give you credit for that. I always find what you write both refreshing and interesting.

Note

I greatly redacted your post to avoid reposting a huge block of text with my compliment.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Could be emblematic of how they're not exactly iconic leading ladies in the franchise? I mean, no matter how you dice it, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane, and Black Cat (as a distant third) are the only one's who've shown any degree of staying power, so they're more likely candidates for this kind of thing.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Could be emblematic of how they're not exactly iconic leading ladies in the franchise? I mean, no matter how you dice it, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane, and Black Cat (as a distant third) are the only one's who've shown any degree of staying power, so they're more likely candidates for this kind of thing.
    Agreed. While I don’t think Felicia is a good match for Peter in the long run, the chemistry is there to make them interesting for the time being. MJ has that chemistry and is much better for him IMO, and Gwen has a major nostalgia factor. No one else really matches up.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    Agreed. While I don’t think Felicia is a good match for Peter in the long run, the chemistry is there to make them interesting for the time being. MJ has that chemistry and is much better for him IMO, and Gwen has a major nostalgia factor. No one else really matches up.
    Not only have none of the previous characters matched up, none of the new ones seem to have either, for whatever reason.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Amazing Member

Such a series would probably not make that much sense. I know house of M and everything but Gwen started off in the comics as an ice queen and then became generally unlikeable as a true damsel in distress as she warmed to Peter and eventually became ultra clingy. Not sure what she could represent to Peter other than a what if of an unstable marriage where he'd constantly be getting in fights with his wife. As she was written until her death, if they got married it wouldn't last.

The only other coupling I'd legitimately be interested in seeing would be Peter and Felicia, and it's only because inherently you'd feel the marriage was going to fall apart at any second but unlike Gwen you got the sense that Felicia's story was always about her trying to be a better human being inspired by Peter, this continued even after they broke up. It would be neat to see how that always on the edge but overall hopeful vibe would go from issue to issue.
    Last edited by Green Symbiote; 02-16-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think that the bottom line is that no one was willing to write a long term relationship between Peter and an non-Spider-Man created heroine or civilian as a love interest. Sometimes, people need to take a risk with a non Spider-Man created character(who doesn't get used much to begin with) in the pages of Spider-Man like Jennifer Walters or Tigra. It's worked for Daredevil and Wolverine's solo series. I have yet to see a writer willing to take a chance with Spider-Man whereby Peter encounters Tigra (whose a Police Officer) whose his ally. Marvel should not limit themselves to Gwen Stacy(whose dead), MJ, of Felica. Why not Silver Sable or Black Widow; Captain Marvel or Jessica Drew; Jennifer Walters or Tigra. If Marvel wants to to care about their female solo series why do they place them in Peter's world so that the Spidey readers can get to know them in a long story arc that involves them working with him. For example, when ASM(Vol. 3) came out in 2014, Nick Lowe should have placed Jessica Drew in the story and not allow Slott to bring Silk(A ripoff of Bendis Ultimate Spider Woman). This would had introduce Jessica to the Spider-Readers and establish Black Cat as a Rogue character for her as originally intended. We have never seen Spider-Woman and Spider-Man working together outside of the Avengers. Yet we see homegrown Spider-woman working with Peter? I feel that a big opportunity was missed for Jessica Drew in favor of Silk and Spider-Gwen. There was no need to create two additional Spider-Women.

Yes, I would.
    Last edited by KC; 02-16-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman