Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by byc View Post
    I'm crazy to think that WW, while blind, was able to spar and take down the JLA? Granted, post-Crisis.
    One, she had her powers and two that seems like SMvsFL. Any scans?

I didn't even bring up Oracle, who doesn't exist currently. I swear for a while she was doing all the work, while he just punched dudes.
    Are you seriously saying Batman doesn't do any detective work and just punches people around? I think your Batman hatred is showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    The JLA having included Wally West? Feeling Batman is overrated is poorly compensated for by doing the same to other characters.

Of curiosity, who else in the JLA did she "take down" there?
    First of all, even if I do dislike Batman, it doesn't mean I'm not fair/unfair to him if the evidence proves otherwise.

That's the feat. It doesn't look as good as I recall actually. I think I remembered they were holding back. Wally is certainly fast enough to tag WW by a huge margin. I know Canary is really good at fighting post-Crisis, but it's not obvious how she fought against WW, other than WW clearly used powers (hence the throwing everybody off thing, unless MM also didn't use super strength, which is possible I guess, but unlikely). It helps her fighting argument, but not by much.
    Last edited by byc; 07-17-2014 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Are you seriously saying Batman doesn't do any detective work and just punches people around? I think your Batman hatred is showing.
    I love Superman, and I still stated him winning/losing in various Rumbles without bias. I think it was the Tony Stark vs. MoS Superman one. I was convinced Superman would win until the millions of Jericho missiles thing came up.

So, Wonder Woman jobbed a bunch of people out.

First of all, even if I do dislike Batman, it doesn't mean I'm not fair/unfair to him if the evidence proves otherwise.
    This thread says interesting things about that statement.

So, Wonder Woman jobbed a bunch of people out.

This thread says interesting things about that statement.
    Feel free to bring up my history.

Feel free to bring up my history.
    In this thread? Where we reached a point of your thinking process being that Batman's rogues are basically but for two of them apparently little more competent than real world criminals and be dealt with thusly, neverminding that the real world criminals of the sort several of them most resemble were barely dealt with at all, or in some cases, never dealt with at all? The thread where you went into odd semantics about "doing Batman's job" not needing to involve doing Batman's job? Where we started off with that apparently huge piles of people could do it? Where we're now at "oracle did all his work for him anyway"?
    Last edited by Pendaran; 07-17-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Pendaran has the right idea. I'm figuring the premise is "doing around as well as Batman at holding Gotham together and handling his rogues," which means that someone, as he said, like Nick Fury that isn't as good of a fighter or as smart, but is enough better at creating a spy network (of which Batman is no slouch), that he can make up with his deficiencies with that.

To get the obvious out of the way:

Dick Grayson
    Tim Drake

Both have proven to have been able to do this, so they're a given.

Then you have people like (I'm just going to go with fictional characters because superhero is too limiting):

L (Death Note): As good of a detective as Batman, proven to be able to run a network and utilize law enforcement to his advantage, etc.
    Various versions of Sherlock, perhaps a loose combo: Smarter than Batman, and some, like the recent film version, are given high end fighting abilities on top of that
    T'Challa: Depends on if you count his "mystical soldier serum" as a superpower or not, although he's done fine without it.

You'd have to think the Punisher could breeze it (?)

He basically "does Batmans job" without the money.

T'Challa: Depends on if you count his "mystical soldier serum" as a superpower or not, although he's done fine without it.
    The thread premise doesn't let him do the supergenius high end tech dodges to get by thing, which is where his intellect skews best in application.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperheroMethod View Post
    You'd have to think the Punisher could breeze it (?)

He basically "does Batmans job" without the money.
    *stamps one lone missing space on the square*

Bingo! Or Internet Bingo! Whatever you call out when you complete these things.

I imagine the Punisher compensates for not having the personal facility to find or track down or pre empt or get a hint of the plotting of various Bat Rogues by killing people, right? Right? It's a breeze for him because he kills people, right?
    Last edited by Pendaran; 07-17-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Yeah, I don't really see Frank getting close to Riddler.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

It's not semantics. What's Batman's job? To clean up Gotham? To not let innocents die? To bring justice who those who breaks the law? To save as many lives as possible?

So if Batman allows Brother Eye to be hacked/develop an AI, so other heroes can allow that to happen too? So if Batman stops a Joker plot from killing Gotham, but 1000 people dies, that's what the other heroes are allowed?

The answer seems to be Batman only, as it was my initial belief, because only Batman possesses all of these skills.
    I always figured his job was to, more or less, vastly reduce the influence of crime on Gotham City. Foiling supervillains is only one of the things such a job entails.
    Last edited by Surtur; 07-17-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Much of Batman's rogues gallery is on his level in various ways and are just missing certain aspects of him, which allow him to get the advantage.

The Joker, Ra's, Riddler, Hurt, Talia, and a few others have feats that put them on Batman's level in prep. So going against any of them is like going after a prepped Batman.

His "mid range" of villains like Ivy, Freeze, Scarecrow, etc. are still serious preppers and would cause problems for most.

The thread premise doesn't let him do the supergenius high end tech dodges to get by thing, which is where his intellect skews best in application.
    In general, but he does have a lot of grass roots anti-other-people's prep going for him; ie. taking on Doom utilizing mostly resources and connections over pure tech prep. And also has similar in running his own nation and defending it against inside threats. I could see him basically being Bruce 2.0 in Gotham.