Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    That's unfortunate but unsurprising.

I want to see Boom Boom taken seriously, with a sisterly affection towards Psylocke, and how they BOTH deal with Creed inverted or otherwise. Or... half inverted? That's what I'd call his current status. Half inverted.
    I can agree with Psylocke & Boomer. There's room for a good bit of stuff that could use some attention. Sadly it tends to get ignored in favor of the same overused crap we've been getting.

Far as Creed's Inversion.
    Brisson was the only one still writing him as an anti-hero. Taylor & Rosenberg didn't seem to know what to do with him. And Pak has settled on bumbling moronic cartoon villain. But still villain, nonetheless. Then the Claws of Killers for the mini series, where he's apparently hating (hunting?) Logan again there too, and possibly a villain.

Inverted Creed seems mostly ignored at this point. Or most of the writers just don't know how to characterize him.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-13-2018 at 06:58 PM.

I'm pretty sure its Cable appearing in OML (again).

I want to be wrong and hopefully he gets to write a team book. The guy is capable of writing a team book. He really impressed me with his Cable run. We'll know for sure this week what book he got. Maybe, tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    What's with the Colors on the X-men? Gold, Blue, Red, Black....what are they Power Rangers????
    Yay for theme naming .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'd rather keep Warren and Betsy out of another X-Force team, they need something different for some time to come, and Warpath could use a change as well...and Tabitha really wouldn't fit into either a kill squad or anything to dark unless they change her to fit the team which I'd rather not see happen...
    Personally I now see Betsy on XF the same way that I see Cable and Deadpool. They're kind of the "essentials" who should pretty much always be there imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'd rather keep Warren and Betsy out of another X-Force team, they need something different for some time to come, and Warpath could use a change as well...and Tabitha really wouldn't fit into either a kill squad or anything to dark unless they change her to fit the team which I'd rather not see happen...
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Personally I now see Betsy on XF the same way that I see Cable and Deadpool. They're kind of the "essentials" who should pretty much always be there IMO.
    I think Betsy & Warren shouldn't be reduced to X-Force mainstays. I have a lot of love for the team, but Psylocke and Angel are more than killers, and I'd much rather they get an opportunity to flourish as heroes again in a core X-Men book, rather than be delegated to wetworks teams all the time. Astonishing X-Men is a good start for the pair, and I'd rather that path was pursued.

As for James and Tabby, I love that they're remnants of 90's X-Force, and I think they have a lot to offer. Besides, it's hard to imagine either of them on a core X-Men roster, there simply isn't any room and their roles would surely be filled by more mainstream mutants. I'd love 'em to stick with Nate & Neena- there are some cool vibes in that group. And while I agree with you that Boom-Boom isn't a killer, she has no hesitation in taking names and blowing **** up. Cable has other killers on speed-dial when it comes to it.

Nrama: Oh boy.

I…

I knew people loved Blink. But, I was not prepared for just how vehemently vocal her fans are. It’s great, I love that people are rooting for her and how they really want to see her re-established within the Marvel U in a positive way.

All I’ll say is that we give her a hero moment in Cable #154 that I think they’ll dig. But where she lands? You’re going to have to read to find out.”

It's good to know that the character will have at least one moment of heroism in this story.

I'll miss this team would be nice if Cable and some of those members got together in a comic in future.

Unfortunately I am not very confident in Exiles. I hope to be wrong but I think they are making the same mistake they made with GX.
    Last edited by Knives; 02-14-2018 at 05:11 AM.

A new X-Force book? With Cable leading the charge and Ed Brisson writing? Just in time for Deadpool 2? Yes, yes, and yes please!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I'm pretty sure its Cable appearing in OML (again).

I want to be wrong and hopefully he gets to write a team book. The guy is capable of writing a team book. He really impressed me with his Cable run. We'll know for sure this week what book he got. Maybe, tomorrow?
    Don’t think so. Brisson said he had to drop something to take on a “dream project” and thus Cable had to go. But he helped hand pick the new creative team who are buddies of his, and now he’s saying he’s “not done with Cable yet.” Hmm...

He also reiterated that on Twitter today...

https://twitter.com/edbrisson/status/963806086498103298

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I've always rather enjoyed the whole "odd person out/unusual choice" idea myself. It makes things more interesting imo.
    Me too.. "Wild Card, bitches!!" as Charlie Kelly would say.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    X-Men Black is a stupid name tbh. Just dub it X-Force.

Anyways, as for the line-up:

Cable- gruff badass team leader
    Domino- second-in-command. Brings the squad good luck
    Warpath- team bruiser and gentle giant
    Boom-Boom and/or Marrow- all the sass, little stealth capability and a whole lot of fun
    Daken- Laura insists he joins 'em. If he's gonna have the whole berserker rage thing going, best make sure it's directed at the bad guys.
    Adam X- fast friends with Tabby and/or Marrow. Lots of cursing. Wicked powers that make an impact.
    Spiral- spellcasting six-armed swordswoman? I think yes

Doctor Nemesis- resident scientist. Continuously fed up with the antics of Tabby, Adam X & Marrow.

I suggest smaller tactical teams hand-picked for certain missions depending on required powers (Explosives w/ Boom-Boom or stealth w/ Daken & Domino for example). Easy enough to have Deadpool and/or Wolverine drop by for a sales boost.

What do y'all think? Too much?
    I LOVE it. Dr. Nemesis?! And Daken!? The snark offs would be epic. I love that it's a mix of dark and lighter characters, and some grey ones too. I'd bring Hope in also, mainly just because I like her and it would give the book even more of the Hopeless "Cable and X Force" feel, which is one of my favorite X- runs ever.

If you added Fantomex you'd have easily my favorite line up ever.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I think Betsy & Warren shouldn't be reduced to X-Force mainstays. I have a lot of love for the team, but Psylocke and Angel are more than killers, and I'd much rather they get an opportunity to flourish as heroes again in a core X-Men book, rather than be delegated to wetworks teams all the time. Astonishing X-Men is a good start for the pair, and I'd rather that path was pursued.

As for James and Tabby, I love that they're remnants of 90's X-Force, and I think they have a lot to offer. Besides, it's hard to imagine either of them on a core X-Men roster, there simply isn't any room and their roles would surely be filled by more mainstream mutants. I'd love 'em to stick with Nate & Neena- there are some cool vibes in that group. And while I agree with you that Boom-Boom isn't a killer, she has no hesitation in taking names and blowing **** up. Cable has other killers on speed-dial when it comes to it.
    Yeah Tabitha likes to blow stuff up but she has that line that she really doesn't want to cross of killing as shown back in Counter X, I'd put Cable and Domino as the mainstays, Warpath could work on a main title as the muscle of the group, especially if Siryn were also on the main title, as for Tabitha she'd work though not as one of the big stars of the book, especially if Psylocke was also on the team given their history...now if only Cannonball would return to the X-Men...

Whatever it is, I'm still hoping Mark Paniccia will make good on his word about "working on it (bringing Sage back)".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I LOVE it. Dr. Nemesis?! And Daken!? The snark offs would be epic. I love that it's a mix of dark and lighter characters, and some grey ones too. I'd bring Hope in also, mainly just because I like her and it would give the book even more of the Hopeless "Cable and X Force" feel, which is one of my favorite X- runs ever.

If you added Fantomex you'd have easily my favorite line up ever.
    Thanks. I've given it a lot of thought. I think there could be some really fun interactions between them all. Cable would have to work doubly hard to get them to work as a unit though lol. It's an eclectic group, and not a cohesive one. But damn they could do some damage. I don't actually like Hope or Fantomex, so they wouldn't be on my roster, but I appreciate where you're coming from.

Looks like it's not X-Force according to Ed Brisson on Twitter, but he cannot say what it is. He added that he's probably already said too much, which indicates that Cable is indeed a part of it.

Maybe he will write a X-men book after some kind of relaunch (I expect after issues 30 of X-men Gold and Blue), with Cable being a part of it. That would be awesome.