Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    -- Hal is not a franchise carrier.
    Maybe because the writer after Geoff Johns keeps shitting on him.

BANNED

They tried to make him the Dick Grayson of Green Lantern franchise by making him a White Lantern. And he became boring as hell. So they had to put him back huddling with the other three in one book.
    yes and that's why a lot of his fans left after that move now he's green and you can separate him from the big 4 and let him shine in a book as a leader

BANNED

Justice League would be a safe spot for John and would give him more visibility than he has now.

The same for Kyle in Titans.

It's important that both Green Lantern titles not be set in space. Hal needs to be brought back down to Earth. He has the supporting cast and the villains waiting for him. DC just needs to use them.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-14-2018 at 07:41 AM.

Justice League would be a safe spot for John and would give him more visibility than he has now.

The same for Kyle in Titans.
    As a fan of most of the characters on the titans, I wouldn't wish that hell on another character I like.

John I could get behind as JLGL, but I really like him as the leader of the GLCorps.

John as the leader, Hal as the point man, Guy as the loose cannon, Kyle as the ambassador. I think this all works and can work as cosmic heroes, but it can't all be in the same book.

Personally I like Guy spending some time on earth as JLGL who also serves as a comedic mentor to Baz and Jess (serving as 2814 lanterns, not JL lanterns), John and Hal running the GL Corps book, while Kyle gets the omega men back together (or some other non GL cosmic team).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Maybe because the writer after Geoff Johns keeps shitting on him.
    I don't think he's a franchise carrier regardless of who writes him. DC has only two franchise carriers -- Batman and Superman. Hal can carry a comic, but he can't sell any B comics that would revolve around his A comic. That approached has failed decisively.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I don't think he's a franchise carrier regardless of who writes him. DC has only two franchise carriers -- Batman and Superman. Hal can carry a comic, but he can't sell any B comics that would revolve around his A comic. That approached has failed decisively.
    I can't help but think that's why there are so many Earth based Lanterns.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

The Space Adventures of Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris

Think sam humphries star lord book where kitty pryde had a big role. This would basically be a new hal jordan solo with carol as a co-lead, a book giving them time to reacquaint with each other and go on adventures together.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Just how well do you think Batman would do without all the A-list writers and artists those books get?

ETA: you want something to sell permanently? Don't make it an infinitely ongoing series. Give it an ending.
    Exactly. I think the GL mythos is doing fine (no reboot needed). I think it and many DC titles/franchises simply need higher tier creative talent.

Grant Morrison, my idea for a GL writer, would spike GL sales and really be able to strike some different chords than Geoff Johns and revitalize it a bit.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-14-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Has it, though? How long has it been since we only had one Green Lantern book being published?

I mean, I do not like Jordan, AT ALL, but since his return Green Lantern actually became a franchise, not a book.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Think sam humphries star lord book where kitty pryde had a big role. This would basically be a new hal jordan solo with carol as a co-lead, a book giving them time to reacquaint with each other and go on adventures together.
    I'd grab this up. Great idea. Lois is prominent in the Superman books. Cat woman in Batman. Mera in Aquaman. Iris is featured pretty regularly in Flash.

Why not Carol in GL? Especially when she could do a lot more since she is a Lantern in her own right making better stories.

Extraordinary Member

He's my Pitch for a Green Lantern Line

Green Lantern: Follows the Earth Based Green Lantern dealing to Local threats. Would star Jessica Cruz. Jessica would also be the Justice League's lantern

Green Lantern Patrol: Would follow a pair of Green Lantern Beat Cops in Deep Space, having various adventures. Would center around Hal and Baz

Green Lantern Corp: Would center around the Green Lantern's leadership, and deal with the relations with the other Corps. John would be the leader of the Corps, and Guy would get lots of Screen time too

Green and Red: GL/Flash Team up book, starring Wally and Kyle

I'd like some mini-series that explore different regions and shake-ups for DC Cosmic that GL can feature in.

GL and the New Gods(Gonna check out Godhead one day)
    GL and Legion (It could happen)
    GL and Rebels (Only heard of the title name but would be interested in knowing more)
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Man... every once in a while I read a post that just gets me super bummed. This is an idea that should so happen but never will. Up your ass DC.
    Save Ferris...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    You're joking right? But don't Jessica and Simon sell well?
    DC is shipping 26K copies of Green Lanterns a month, and the number is dropping fast. But further, I'll bet you they're puffing the total by about 5K, by offering the comics shops free returns on unsold copies. That means it's probably really selling only 21K on icv2.

The usual cancellation level for DCU titles on icv2 is about 17K, which means that Green Lanterns is probably only 4K away from it. However, when DC badly wants a comic to succeed, it'll let the numbers drop much lower. The company didn't cancel Blue Beetle until its sales on icv2 dropped below 10K.

I wouldn't be surprised in they did the same thing with Green Lanterns. But if I were them, I'd hate to explain that policy to my shareholders.

You can't sell people what you think they should buy but that they won't buy.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-14-2018 at 03:12 PM.

I like Carol, but one of the problems with this is the complete and utter lack of development for the Star Sapphires in the Emotional Spectrum era (as well as a bunch of conflicting versions that came before). I mean, what can they actually do that's useful in a superhero story, other than have limited and restricted versions of the Green Lantern powers? Superheroes based on the reified Power of Love are rarely a great success, and that would probably go double in a space setting. (And I say this will all due respect on Valentine's Day. )

The "upper three" Corps - Blue, Indigo, and Violet - haven't gotten a whole lot of attention. (As opposed to Red, who had their own series; Orange, a miniseries at least; and Yellow, who had their own series and are still one of the GLC's primary antagonists.) This is probably related to the fact that they're not designed to be very interesting in a superhero world, but that's a chicken-and-egg problem.

The Green Lantern writers remembered that the Controllers were a faction of the Guardians. They forget, or ignored, or retconned out, the fact that the Zamarons were the female half of the race. So I don't see a lot of interest on the part of TPTB.

I preferred Star Sapphire when she was an individual (or, one of two or three women using similar motifs). As part of the Violet Corps, they don't amount to much. Although I imagine a good writer with a passionate interest could make something of them.

And, just as a note, sapphires are iconically blue! (Although sapphires in The So-Called Real World™ come in multiple colors, when used as a literary reference they almost always are used to specify blueness.)

(Did you know there was a Golden Age Star Sapphire? Interesting story...)
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 02-14-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/